Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerrodEG

Revolutions

47 posts in this topic

Shoe Laces....

Comes with laces? Like shoe laces, or the cheap black plastic things that break kinda easy?

Ok Guys As you may know, The presales for the Revs are over, but the good news is that the Revolutions are Finally HERE!

Can't find any pics. cant wait till they're in though...

Just got my revs yesterday and the tops keep breaking off while I string, Maybe it has something to do with it being cold outside, but the past 4/10 revs i have used have broke after 3-5 minutes. Never had this problem with the old ultras. Anyone else having the same problem?

I actually have noticed this as well, but not as frequently as you. The cold weather may aggravate it; the problem is that the tops aren't part of the stick's body, they're glued/melted on and can snap off under stress. Kinda lame.

Another practice over and....*snap* :veryangry: (glowstick goes flying) . Going to stop buying these and go back to the OmniGlow ultras. These don't seem to agree with my stringing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/img0618p.jpg/

I actually have noticed this as well, but not as frequently as you. The cold weather may aggravate it; the problem is that the tops aren't part of the stick's body, they're glued/melted on and can snap off under stress. Kinda lame.

Well, in my experience with the first 7 pairs of Revolutions Ultras, I've found one major error.

They're more like 30 minute sticks than ultras.

I mean, the cold might be affecting them, but it shouldn't be by that much.

I haven't had the tops breaking off, but I'll be sure to test that when I crack my next set.

Or maybe I'll just do it with the ones that I use for practice.

I really don't know how to feel about these shoelaces.

I mean, it's almost like they're selling glowsticking.

But to the average person, it's just like hey, shoelaces for my glow sticks.

I know that my review seems to be harsh, but this is just my view on it.

I'd be glad to discuss any parts of it, if necessary.

But that would just be talking about a glowstick. (The idea does sound rather silly, but we are glowstickers, after all.)

In conclusion, my rating for these sticks is a rather disappointing 7/10.

EDIT: 6/10

I just finished cracking a set of green ultras.

From the looks of the liquid, I though they were yellow.

And then they proceeded to be only slightly brighter than a 12 hour stick and lasted about 30 mins.

I really am not impressed.

If anything, I'll be buying orange, purple, and red.

The other colours really didn't do much for me.

Can we have the GL ultras back?

Another practice over and....*snap* :veryangry: (glowstick goes flying) . Going to stop buying these and go back to the OmniGlow ultras. These don't seem to agree with my stringing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/img0618p.jpg/

I don't think the GL ultras are still for sale anywhere online, afaik

When I beta tested these, I didn't see any of the problems you guys were mentioning. I wonder if things changed since then.

img0618p.jpg

... this is cheap.

why didn't they just use the same GL case, but update the formula?

OH and something else I've been wondering about lately. JerrodEG, don't you work for ExtremeGlow?

When I beta tested these, I didn't see any of the problems you guys were mentioning. I wonder if things changed since then.

Normally, I'd say it was a bad batch, but I'm really not liking these.

IMO, they're not as good as the GL Ultras.

Eh im a little iffy on getting these now, id be nervous to bring these to a show. If they broke off and hit someone, i see a ban on glowsticks happening.

I know the feeling, im afraid to take them anywhere because id be looking like a fool with my glowstick on the ground.

Eh im a little iffy on getting these now, id be nervous to bring these to a show. If they broke off and hit someone, i see a ban on glowsticks happening.

img0618p.jpg

... this is cheap.

why didn't they just use the same GL case, but update the formula?

OH and something else I've been wondering about lately. JerrodEG, don't you work for ExtremeGlow?

For some reason, all of these threads weren't coming up...? anywho, Yes I do work for Extreme Glow. We have not ran into this issue. It could've simply been an issue relating to the weather perhaps.

For some reason, all of these threads weren't coming up...? anywho, Yes I do work for Extreme Glow. We have not ran into this issue. It could've simply been an issue relating to the weather perhaps.

I'm not too sure how weather would factor into the strength of the hook/hole area of the stick.

The intensity did get a little better when I cracked indoors/a controlled temp environment.

Despite the improvement, the greens I had really didn't inspire any confidence.

I've cracked a few more pairs of the oranges, and they're alright.

I've compared them to a pair of GL ultras and the GL ultras lasted at least another 45 seconds to a minute at ultra brightness than the Revolutions do.

Unfortunately, I don't have images to back up my claims, as per Rule #11 of the internet.

I'll be buying some more for Nocturnal Festival to see if it was just a bad batch, as I hope it was, so we'll see how that turns out.

I'm definitely going to be doing a practice run to ensure that the sticks don't break off of my strings due to the weak hook/case connection.

I bought about 20 revs recently, and they held up pretty well. I mean, after they died, several days later, they DID break. But while they were activated, I didn't run into any problems.