Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epsilon Kias

Joining the Air Force

6 posts in this topic

In about a week I believe I'm going to go to the MEPS for my Physical, I've already taken my ASVAB and got a satisfactory score on it (56, aw yeah, Mediocrity!)

I was wondering who else in GS.C is in the Air Force and where you're stationed at. I'd like to eventually get Stationed at Kaedina, because my pop was stationed there during 'Nam. Just as long as I get some time overseas, that's all I ask, I don't really care where as long as I'm not stationed in CONUS for the next four years.

Do you mean Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa, JP?

I grew up in Okinawa and there's actually two or three GSCers living there right now. I also plan on going back for school once I get my bachelors degree in biological sciences.

My younger brother is in the Air Force right now and he's stationed in Aviano, Italy but is currently in Afghanistan. My older brother was in the Marines stationed in Okinawa for a few years as well. My father is a retired Marine but we spent most of our time on the Island. Loved it.

Yeah, Kadena, My bad. I knew there where a few GS.Cers in the Air Force, I just didn't know where at. It's cool to see that they're over in Kadena, I do my Physical next week and I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to take my first leave before EDC2012, or something. That'd be badass.

They're not actually at Kadena. They're Marines, so they're stationed at the other bases. However, Okinawa is a small island, so meeting up with them is not an issue. I'll be traveling there for vacation early next year.