Sign in to follow this  
Whiteman

New conceept sharing blog????

630 posts in this topic

i have come across the idea of a new concept blog and I'm wondering why it hasn't worked before????

I think a weekly blog were a different person submits some footage each week will really help the art expand to different places.

it doesn't have to be much... just a little vid of a new move or combo that you think the community needs to see.

I know i havent been on much because i have lost interest, Not in the art....but in what everyone is learning.

That's the reason i haven't been on GSC for a while is the fact that i don't think that there is much on there for me to learn anything new...

I WANT THAT TO STOP RIGHT NOW lolol

I have never been one into editing video, and i will prolly never will be, lol. im much more of a function over form guy.:)

But all im asking is that you submit a video showing a new concept that you like:)

Not only will it show people something new, But i know that there is always someone out there that will show you how to expand on that concept.

I'm gunna release a vid next week with a concept of one-handed duo-wrap weaves that i have been working on. after that i want to flood that art with concepts.

Sparrow started it with old school...... Lets do it new school guys:)

I"ll start a youtube channel if enough people wanna participate. Like i said screw the editing. if you cant edit then just show raw footage. it has the same yield :)

Yeah sounds pretty similar to what Trebek suggested. and Melvenorc12 suggested a good way to organize it... we should get that goin!

Ive been planning on starting a tech blog for a long while now... Jus been to lazy/unmotivated to film and edit lately... Having a lot of ppl put out ideas regularly would definitely help the community progress a lot and help ppl to stay inspired :)

• Upvote 1

hey man im down, ive got a few new ones to showcase, so thatll provide a couple of submissions from me.

theyre not as innovative as the Bushido was, but it's some small stuff to expand on from technical 'situations' hahahaa

Glad to see you on the site again Hunter, we miss you dearly in the DFDub ='(

hey man im down, ive got a few new ones to showcase, so thatll provide a couple of submissions from me.

theyre not as innovative as the Bushido was, but it's some small stuff to expand on from technical 'situations' hahahaa

its also great to see you posting again :)

and i have 2 submissions for ya and im working on a 3rd

Great to see you logged in again man! I moved to TX about 5 months ago and still haven't met you. We must fix this situation!

I remember when global J was talking about it a while back. thats were the idea came from. Like he said though I wasnt to motivated either but now i got alot of concepts i would like to share.

So hows this gunna work guys??? :)

Man i miss it to man fer sure. Your gunna flip when you see all the new shit i got lol. Getting some of those infamous Sparrow hacks lolol

I remember when global J was talking about it a while back. thats were the idea came from. Like he said though I wasnt to motivated either but now i got alot of concepts i would like to share.

So hows this gunna work guys??? :)

YouTubez. ;V

yeah dude i have 2 filmed and 1 more on the way so i can send it to ya or w.e lemme know and once again its good to see u again

as for how it would work, i think it should be gs.c exclusive :inmyopinion: so it shold be either download based or if it is on youtube then have the videos set to "private" so only people with url / link can view them also i think that someone * caugh white man * should recieve submissions and then release them as they see fit

EDIT: im just gonna throw this out there, what is the diffrence b/w a tech blog and a tutorial? <- legit question not trollin im just a noob >.>

Edited by xbadkaraokex

A GSC exclusive would be REALLY nice, it would help cut down on leechers, I mean they could still leech from the site directly, but it would be a much smaller amount of leeches with a good chance of them learning/understanding/believing in the GSC principles as opposed to having them in public view on YT.

Either way the videos SHOULD have a GSC title logo, and if possible the GSC logo in the corner,

to help emphasize that we ARE a community/family, and it's not just a bunch of stringers posting concepts for people to abuse with total disregard to how we all feel about the art (just my two cents)

my suggestion is that someone make a YT account with GSC and/or manips in the title;

Then once a week the account will have a new video uploaded to it.

Only problem is, that whoever wants to take charge of the account will also be responsible

for posting the videos, which also entails being online frequent enough to get said films from submitters.

or

someone make the YT account, and post the first video,

then once a week the account info (login info) gets passed on to the next member

to post their own video, so as to avoid sending all the footage to one person only to have something

come up and the postings get delayed; but this also means we all have to act like adults and not abuse

this account with random vids (no pole-guys/gypsies)

But that's all I've got ATM for it, let's start bouncing ideas around and see what we all feel comfortable with.

We've also gotta get a good idea of who will be posting what and when,

Sadly i am in the process of ordering a new battery charger for my camera, and my webcam's quality isn't good enough

So i won't be posting the first three weeks or so (goddamn Amazon.com!!)

woo!! I'm excited guys =P

Edited by djsparrow

I AM SOOO DOWN!!!!!!!!! AND EXCITED AS HELL!!!! i would love to submit some stuff with me and fishes ideas or mine at least for sure if thats at all possible! i would post multiple vids with multiple concepts

[quote name='djsparrow' timestamp='1297200805' post='383423'

my suggestion is that someone make a YT account with GSC and/or manips in the title;

Then once a week the account will have a new video uploaded to it.

Only problem is, that whoever wants to take charge of the account will also be responsible

for posting the videos, which also entails being online frequent enough to get said films from submitters.

or

someone make the YT account, and post the first video,

then once a week the account info (login info) gets passed on to the next member

to post their own video, so as to avoid sending all the footage to one person only to have something

come up and the postings get delayed; but this also means we all have to act like adults and not abuse

this account with random vids (no pole-guys/gypsies)

woo!! I'm excited guys =P

See the only problem is that i wouldnt have that much access to a comp. Anyone wanna take a leap for us:) PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSE

My only problem is that i wouldnt be around a comp enough to manage everything.. I could help out as much as i can but is there anyone else who could do this thing for us.

The only thing is the first step then after that this is gunna explode i hope:)

See the only problem is that i wouldnt have that much access to a comp. Anyone wanna take a leap for us:) PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSE

The only thing is the first step then after that this is gunna explode i hope:)

I'm online multiple times throughout the day to see PM's and e-mails. I'm also on GSC & Y/T on a daily/nightly basis.

I can create a Y/T account like Sparrow described and I would be responsible for the upload. As long as the clips are already edited and has the music, titles, etc.

I like to think of myself as reliable/dependable.

I'm not completely computer savy but I'm pretty sure I could figure this out. I have highspeed connection. (feels like a job app now)

Totally down to do this for the long haul. You can ask around I'm pretty active on the site.

Let me know, I wanna see this get going.

EDIT::I'm gonna hold off on creating the page until I get the green light.

Also I may have jumped the gun on this. Can you have 2 Youube accounts on one laptop? If so I can have it up tomorrow night with an agreed upon Channel name

Edited by bukklee

I'm online multiple times throughout the day to see PM's and e-mails. I'm also on GSC & Y/T on a daily/nightly basis.

I can create a Y/T account like Sparrow described and I would be responsible for the upload. As long as the clips are already edited and has the music, titles, etc.

I like to think of myself as reliable/dependable.

I'm not completely computer savy but I'm pretty sure I could figure this out. I have highspeed connection. (feels like a job app now)

Totally down to do this for the long haul. You can ask around I'm pretty active on the site.

Let me know, I wanna see this get going.

EDIT::I'm gonna hold off on creating the page until I get the green light.

Also I may have jumped the gun on this. Can you have 2 Youube accounts on one laptop?

YESSSSSSSSSS. does it have to be edited though cuz it would get the concept out even if its not/

YESSSSSSSSSS. does it have to be edited though cuz it would get the concept out even if its not/

Doesn't matter. I guess I was saying... I wasn't going to do any of that.

What should I name the Y/T Channel? ideas?

Edited by bukklee

as for how it would work, i think it should be gs.c exclusive :inmyopinion: so it shold be either download based or if it is on youtube then have the videos set to "private" so only people with url / link can view them

I also agree with this youtube private setting.

Then have a thread dedicated to this concept sharing idea and post the links in that thread.

Doesn't matter. I guess I was saying... I wasn't going to do any of that.

What should I name the Y/T Channel? ideas?

Edited by bukklee

so yes you can have multiple youtube accounts i have atleast 3 and i use 2 of them regularly from my laptop

and as for channel name just my 2 cents but GS.C glowstringing concept blog? something like that in description list ways to contact / submit what the concept blog is about and all that good stuff

and yeah as i said before set vids to private when u upload then post link here :) i already have 1 of mine recorded and i can send it to who ever, i need to review my other one and i can send that one asap as well :)

also do we want a sort of "list" with regards to who is doing what concepts then if 2 people have the same concept they can contact eachother to see if there is enough diffrence to keep both vids or w.e also do we want this list public or more private ( b/w youtube account holder and the 2 members with same idea)

anyways i cant wait to get this started :)

Channel has been created.

Channel name is GSCConceptSharing.

videos or info for download can be sent to me:

1) here on GSC through PM's

or

2) through e-mail sent to bukklee79@gmail.com

I'll put more work into it after work with channel description and other misc. things

Anyone got suggestions of what should go into the channel description?

STEP ONE FINISHED patiently waiting for explosion :dope

That's really cool you guys r gonna be starting a tech blog!!! Brandon (BxCommano) and I have been planning on starting a tech blog of our own for a long while now but jus have been to busy/lazy to get the first vid out... We will be doin this on our own and making the vids public so any glowstringer/poist can get inspiration for them. Best of luck with ur guys' tech blog though!!! Hope it turn out great!! :)