Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whiteman

New conceept sharing blog????

630 posts in this topic

..... well there goes my social life im just gonna be strigning in my basement if anyone needs me

LOL im glad i can be that friend hahahaha

nicee o.h. editing a 20 min "exploring" session mostly wraps and manipulations though

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ci8pa2

http://www.mediafire...34qju09lpj77dxd

well... why don't you edit together like a 2-5 min video of all the stuff you're most proud of in the vids with lit sticks.. 20 mins of just watching someone practice isn't my cup of tea.

the 1h is amazing and the other thing (i have no idea what to call that) is really creative

*FINALLY EXPLAINING THINGS*

concept # 1

onehand mimic/mirror

alternating between onehand roulette (down)

and double bicep wrap

back to another roulette (on top this time)

and double bicep wrap again

the concept repeats after that

*then it fades between scenes cuz i messed up*

concept # 2

onehand stringpin concept *no name*

during a stringpin the longer string wraps

off your bicep,

the shorter string wraps off your hand

the body moves like it's doing a wallplane weave

(can be done with shorter string under or over the longer string)

concept # 3

greens2dust' chaser traces

during a chaser with the string extended,

trace the string and the stick itself with

the other stick.

concept # 4

single-bowtie orbital

set up for a basic bowtie, but only tie one stick.

let the free stick flip over the tied stick and catch with your free hand

(you may need to slide the bowtie more towards the middle of the stick)

once caught, spin the tied stick to make an orbital

----------

okay now that I've explained all those, who's posting for this week?

I have no qualms with it being Aitek's submission,

just didn't want anyone's toes getting stepped on (not sure if there's an order to who posts what anymore lol)

nicee o.h. editing a 20 min "exploring" session mostly wraps and manipulations though

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ci8pa2

http://www.mediafire.com/?34qju09lpj77dxd

You have alot of interesting things in the bits & pieces I watched, but it's ridiculously long. I found myself just clicking through the entire thing.

I would reference the previous submissions to get an example of what would be ideal for this blog. You should pick one or two specific things. For example expand more on the finger wraps within your manips or conccentrate strictly on onehand manips, something like that. Your post is more suited for a practice video in the glowstringing forums at this point.

This video was just too long to hold my attention & I'm almost positive the same would go for others. Appreciate the effort in submitting don't get me wrong, we need more people to participate.

----------

okay now that I've explained all those, who's posting for this week?

I have no qualms with it being Aitek's submission,

just didn't want anyone's toes getting stepped on (not sure if there's an order to who posts what anymore lol)

There really isn't a structured order to who is posting. It's not like earlier on in the blog when I had multiple videos from different people waiting to post every week.

If you have something ready you could always send it to me for the future weeks.

Things got kinda out of whack because I slow-dragged on uploading your last submission to Y/T until yesterday and I think we missed a week somewhere in the last couple weeks.

*FINALLY EXPLAINING THINGS*

what happens differently in your brain that allows you to think like this?

thanks so much for sharing sm_sleep.gif

*absorbing new material...all systems shutting down*

okay guys got four more for ya!!

first two are catching people up on some classics (or brand new to some)

they're mirror combos

mirror = a combo that reflects the same pattern performed on other half of your body

combo #1

reflecting point is down the front of me vertically

starts with same time bicep butterfly wraps transitioning with shoulder wraps

and doing a bicep butterfly wrap on my opposite arm

then i split-time the shoulder wraps in between the butterfly bicep wraps.

combo #2

reflecting point is once again down the front of me vertically

this time it starts with a shoulder wrap with my right hand

and an outside right leg wrap with my left hand

but both are done at the same time

(normally you can just do that and mirror it on your other side, but let's add flare)

split time outside leg wraps are used to transition between same-time wraps that started the combo

**now this whole split-time followed by same-time is not mandatory of mirror combos, that's just how I do it

so please feel free to explore the vast possibilities of mirror combos**

Combo #3

the next one is actually me trying to do the same manipulation four goddamn times...

if it wasn't one thing going wrong it was another, and sadly the first and last attempts truly were my best

(but my first attempt is by far the cleanest, so if you're wanting to learn this one, watch the first attempt the most)

it starts with doing a bowtie to a single stick, from there find a way to keep the other stick busy while you wind up the bowtie

(see Jstudd's bowtie palmspin for further explanation)

from there unwind it by pulling the opposite unbound stick, and after that it's followed with last week's single bowtie orbital

(see, just keep toying with old ideas, they all eventually link together like a massive puzzle)

Combo #4

after that this last clip is super short so i had to slow it down.

something real basic, it's just a transition from onehand to twohand back to onehand, pretty self explanatory

just keep in mind your arms are going to have to pre-wind themselves in a weave Before you make the transition

so without further ado,

yeah hahaa, i couldnt believe that i caught the camera curse on that manip; but it makes sense,

i had literally figured that one out maybe five minutes before filming lol

btw i think ive got one for next week, its more onehand stringpin stuff but its helping flesh out possible moves for it all

so that way stringpins will start to feel more credible as positioning (like BTB or UTL)

but if anyone has something they have in the works just let me know, itll give me more time to refine the concepts =P

yeah hahaa, i couldnt believe that i caught the camera curse on that manip; but it makes sense,

i had literally figured that one out maybe five minutes before filming lol

btw i think ive got one for next week, its more onehand stringpin stuff but its helping flesh out possible moves for it all

so that way stringpins will start to feel more credible as positioning (like BTB or UTL)

but if anyone has something they have in the works just let me know, itll give me more time to refine the concepts =P

I'm working on stuff for my 1.5 year so I won't have anything until after it comes out.

.... I can dig it. Is it possible to do it with your leg btb? As in instead of your judo chop just kick it out with your foot or shin (if that makes any sense).

yeah you can, just swing it lower toward your knee and bring the other leg back;

think i may have shown something along those lines in one of the previous videos

(or at least recorded it and never posted it, which im prone to doing lol)

excellent stuff my asia-mounty friend

Damn, didn't think other people tried doing that much, nice to see that. So many more onehanded variations can be done. :D