Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arius

Synths

6 posts in this topic

so i'm trying to learn how to use a synth, but i have no clue what all the knobs and crap mean on any synth plug in or VST that people have suggested to me. Awhile ago i had found some nice synth lead samples but have now lost them. So, are there any guides as to what everything means? I've tried watching youtube but they all assume i've had experience in it, when i need an explanation in the uberest of layman's terms. any help is appreciated, thanks!

Here is a link...Maybe you have read it already. But if you ask a more specific question as to what features I can help and explain to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: Also just playing around with one control at a time and listening to how it changes the sound/s is half the fun....Well kinda fun haha.

Synthesizers

There is a book, also available as PDF, called Dance Music Manual by Rick Snoman. It should answer most of your production questions. Check it out.

so i'm trying to learn how to use a synth, but i have no clue what all the knobs and crap mean on any synth plug in or VST that people have suggested to me. Awhile ago i had found some nice synth lead samples but have now lost them. So, are there any guides as to what everything means? I've tried watching youtube but they all assume i've had experience in it, when i need an explanation in the uberest of layman's terms. any help is appreciated, thanks!

The way I learned to make synth is by messing every knob to find out what they did :P

I still dont know everything or else I would walk you through it >.> Sorry mate :(

I have the same problem :o but this OLD, somewhat old topic will really help meh yussss!<br>

I think this problem will continue to come up whenever someone gets interested in producing their own music. There is a really good resource I forgot to mention. http://noisesculpture.com/how-to-make-a-noise

The author decided to offer his book for free and he has even written specific articles for 6 different synths. Definitely check this out.