Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bukklee

String Manip Game #1

132 posts in this topic

Hello there everyone reading this,

bukklee here. I was going through posts today and I came across a link to an old thread discussing Poi & Glowstringing. Here it is. http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/6307-glowstring-vs-poi-discussion/ please read because I only discuss it briefly. :coffee:

The thread started to head towards the discussion of string manipulations & people copying different manips. People had different viewpoints regarding imitation & that not that many people were sharing their String Manips. I noticed that Dave was concerned about the lack of people putting out string manipulation tutorials. His belief is that sharing ideas is the purpose of this site and he would like to see every different type of String Manip have a tutorial for it. I hope that was his point, anyways that's what I got out of it. Not alot of people are creating, some are just waiting for tutorials or other videos for ideas.

Basically my idea is to start a string manipulation, just ONE step of it, FILM it, SHARE it, and then whoever the next person is would add ONE more step to it, FILM it, SHARE it, & REPEAT over & over. The last person to add to the Manip. would do all the previous steps from the other people's input.

I think this would be a fun way to share ideas & at the same time create a truly UNIQUE String Manip. Every added step would open different options to everyone participating. At each given step you will see there are countless possibillites.

My experience is that "I never thought of that." is uttered from my lips to often. So let's show all the different possibilities one step at a time.

I'm not sure if something like this has been done before. i think there was a combo-building thread similiar to this. So I guess I'm not to original but.................. I wanna see where this goes.

I'm no String Manipulation guru by any stretch of the imagination so I get the privelage to go first. :thumbup:

I'll make sure it's something basic so everyone has a chance to join and learn it from the start. It doesn't have to remain basic, since everyone will see the evolution of it.

Going to film now......

While filming I realized it would be best to show exactly what it is your doing with your step. Maybe show different angles and such. That may be obvious but it's my first video like this. I envision it like Cleric's Tutorials when he does them first slow and then at full speed. The first couple clips might be a little lame but I see it getting better with more input.

Let me know if this would be too difficult....Don't think it is.

Or if it is a lame idea......Again don't think so.

Any other input or ideas are always welcomed.

I plan on participating more than just for the start but I don't want to have back to back additions. So hopefully this catches on and people join this thread.

Or else it joins the other dead threads. :thumbsdown:

Don't know how to upload to site so had to resort to Y/T .

Sorry all I had were my Flowlights. Which makes me think.. CRACKED sticks NOT neccesary, recomend you have some distinction for both stick/string. Different color strings or sticks help too.

SEE these are things I will overlook..... Input please.

THANKS FOR READING THIS, IF YOU DID. I'm now going to bed

FOR ALL THOSE LAZY PEOPLE, LIKE MYSELF, HERE ARE ALL THE STEPS IN ONE POST

dude, i LOVE this idea! :dope

I'll film and post my addition tomorrow, it's late lol.

Nice idea. I already filmed mine, gonna upload and then I'll post it here

Edit: Alright, uploaded, but it might be a little too dark...

BTW the thing ends on the linkcatch, the air wrap-like thing is not on there lol

:dope

I'm glad to see an interest in this idea. wasn't sure there would be much input. The more the merrier, so come on everyone.

Hell Yeah more people. I'm uploading now so please no additions til I post. Give me five minutes

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/120-glowstringing-combo-game-1/

If this is a twist on the combo game thread, then I'm fucking game. :D

We can all learn a lot from this.

That old thread just sparked this idea for me, subconsciously probably because of above older thread.

Anyways here is my next addition.

Let me know if you think these are getting to long or have any other ideas/suggestions.

I decided to go at it 3 times with 2 angles because I want all different skill levels to be able to participate.

That old thread just sparked this idea for me, subconsciously probably because of above older thread.

Anyways here is my next addition.

Let me know if you think these are getting to long or have any other ideas/suggestions.

I decided to go at it 3 times with 2 angles because I want all different skill levels to be able to participate.

Nice, so many possibilities.

Regarding length, I was wondering how much can each person "add"? This could go on forever! :V

Nice, so many possibilities.

Regarding length, I was wondering how much can each person "add"? This could go on forever! :V

i think so far the amount that has been added each step seems to be working.

As far as total length of the entire String Manip. I was thinking of stopping and starting a new one when everyone participating agrees to start a new one. Your right this could go on for a long time. Hopefully so. I guess I don't really have an answer yet to how long to do this for.

Thanks again Demo for adding to this. It looks like I need to work on my 1 handed after work today. HaHa

or we could make the longest manip combo ever lol

the thing i like the most about this is the fact that we kinda gotta figure out how the previous move was done. This is the first time I catch the glowsticks like that, and when i first tried it it didn't cross, so I was like "ummm...wtf" untill i figured it out haha

Demo!! When I saw that thing i thought exactly the same combo as you just did! LOL

the thing i like the most about this is the fact that we kinda gotta figure out how the previous move was done. This is the first time I catch the glowsticks like that, and when i first tried it it didn't cross, so I was like "ummm...wtf" untill i figured it out haha

Demo!! When I saw that thing i thought exactly the same combo as you just did! LOL

I had the same issue with the stick wrap. Again I never thought of that, so it took awhile, still working on getting a full wrap everytime.

And I have alot of work to do with Demo's addition. Not a big practicer of one handed. But excited for the challenge. I'll be busy with it tonight after work though.

This is turning out better than expected, creatively for me.

So thanks again for the participation.

Uploading now

Sorry if it's dark....

That onehanded shit is brand new to me so I kinda cheated through it but the end result is the same.... I'll try to get that extra wrap in there within the next couple posts.

I tried to slow down at the addition but I think everyone will be able to follow.

EDIT:: I never did a string manip with one-handed technique.. was totally out of my comfort zone. That's a good thing.

This is so much fun and a learning tool. Win Win :thumbup:

Never did 80% of this prior to 2 days ago

Yeah, the initial catch was awkward at first because it kept hitting my knees. ^^;

Longest manip ever? Challenge accepted! :P

Glad to hear that demo. I am actually pretty lost on this one haha

So I decided I want to cut my turn at the elbow-pit pin. I feel I added too much......?? I don't know, just didn't like where I went after that.

It's up to the next person(USE FULL CLIP OR NOT) but I officially am allowing everything after the pit pin thing to be left out. So @21sec. - 22secs.

Maybe I'm just trippin' but I got myself stuck on this addition. :wallbash: Again not familiar with 1-handed S.Manips But I guess that was the purpose of this game in the first place(to create). LOL

I'll keep trying different things though with it anyways, not gonna lie

EDIT:::::Figured different ways out after a bit.... :smoke: Doubted myself too early. DAMN "stringers block" Still use all or not all, up to the next person.

OK I'll shut up now.

NNNNNEEEEEXXXXTTTTT :whistle:

So basically I am allowed to continue it either from your addition or demo's, right?

So I decided I want to cut my turn at the elbow-pit pin. I feel I added too much......?? I don't know, just didn't like where I went after that.

It's up to the next person(USE FULL CLIP OR NOT) but I officially am allowing everything after the pit pin thing to be left out. So @21sec. - 22secs.

Maybe I'm just trippin' but I got myself stuck on this addition. :wallbash: Again not familiar with 1-handed S.Manips But I guess that was the purpose of this game in the first place(to create). LOL

I'll keep trying different things though with it anyways, not gonna lie

EDIT:::::Figured different ways out after a bit.... :smoke: Doubted myself too early. DAMN "stringers block" Still use all or not all, up to the next person.

OK I'll shut up now.

NNNNNEEEEEXXXXTTTTT :whistle:

Oh shit, how the hell did I not see this bump?

Nice man, I was thinking of a few ways of continuing on, that is sweet. :D

Let's see...

So basically I am allowed to continue it either from your addition or demo's, right?

I meant more like after my part with the stick being pinned in elbow pit.

But you can start from Demo's part if you want.

I meant more like after my part with the stick being pinned in elbow pit.

But you can start from Demo's part if you want.

Totally starting from the elbow pin. That's awesome. :V

alright, show me what you got demo!

alright, show me what you got demo!

*buhmp*

I'd like to switch those strings faster. I should have worked on it more. If it doesn't make sense, I'm willing to rerecord again. :)

That's awesome.

Now this is getting interesting. I was able to follow though.

That was my issue before, getting the strings back on my fingers.

I love that face of omg i failed at catching at 0:51

Might be submitting later on