Sign in to follow this  
tkstick

POST WHEN YOU PRACTICE

79 posts in this topic

THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH....

THE NO STRINGS ATTACHED PART OF GSC IS GONA BE BUZZING

every time you the freehander reading this will post.....

dont care how long dont care of what.....

as a community we should be showing people out there how much we practice.....

how much dedication it takes to get to the level of self expression.

simply put FREEHANDERS

I AM CALLING YOU OUT!

• Upvote 2

Did a few hours of practice today. Went back to some basics and focused on accuracy with heli tosses with both hands. Making holes with my arm and tossing them through. Taking a break and on to some foot stalls.

Thanks TK for bringing life into the freehanding forum. We all need to post more.

Edited by Zuax

Took out my sticks and practiced basic tosses outside of work today. Also a few isos and other things. Just over a month freehanding. Pretty fun =D

Took out my sticks and practiced basic tosses outside of work today. Also a few isos and other things. Just over a month freehanding. Pretty fun =D

hey me too : ) I've been working on some basic stuff- just so I can do better freehand transitions. just hand stalls, and lots of finger isolation patterns as of right now

Practiced today my tosses. Been working more on threading and tracing lately, also mixing it up with some isos. Trying to move around more, use more footwork.

And I'm trying to come up with some btb concepts.

:D Freehanding. <3

practiced in the morning... but for some reason I think I'm downgrading o-O

Spinning around my living room with some semi-live sticks. Working on flow and coca leaf helps :dope

I was driving around town with my friend Kenneth and we stopped at several different places.

I was practicing stalls with my cell phone and his iPod touch most of the time, but there was a lot

of traces, btb concepts and the like coming through while I was practicing.

Got home and had a few semi-live sticks from the night before and practiced some more.

Kenneth even joined in with me.

I've diagnosed him with cynicdaveitis.

He can't string, but he has that freehanding spark. XD

So...we might have a new member on our hands.

Or maybe he'll lurk around here...

Either way, we've brought another to the side of the light! (what would be the opposite? Ultraviolet and infrared sticks?)

I'm LordHappyPantsXIII and I approve this message.

Hahahahahaha.

The Good lord giveth .... a moment of humour.

Amen

I was driving around town with my friend Kenneth and we stopped at several different places.

I was practicing stalls with my cell phone and his iPod touch most of the time, but there was a lot

of traces, btb concepts and the like coming through while I was practicing.

Got home and had a few semi-live sticks from the night before and practiced some more.

Kenneth even joined in with me.

I've diagnosed him with cynicdaveitis.

He can't string, but he has that freehanding spark. XD

So...we might have a new member on our hands.

Or maybe he'll lurk around here...

Either way, we've brought another to the side of the light! (what would be the opposite? Ultraviolet and infrared sticks?)

I'm LordHappyPantsXIII and I approve this message.

practiced in the morning... but for some reason I think I'm downgrading o-O

change up the style of music you listen to, maybe the scenery if your not feeling it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tk - we do take you seriously dude, but .....we need some tutorials. Come on Man!!! Get us all hyped up with a tk speciale tuoriale!

Recently my in my latest practice sessions, I've been trying to focus mainly on mindgames as well as four stick and three stick concepts. Kinda hard, but I've been recently inspired by meeting more fellow freehanders.

Also, after seeing your 11month compilation vid TK, I'm trying to mess around with moves that involve hats as well.

Tk - we do take you seriously dude, but .....we need some tutorials. Come on Man!!! Get us all hyped up with a tk speciale tuoriale!

tk isnt the only one who can make tuts...any suggestions??

tk isnt the only one who can make tuts...any suggestions??

I would REALLY love it for Merlin (or anyone, really, but since he said he was gonna make one...-nudgenudge-) to make a more advanced/detailed anti-spin iso tutorial. ( ._.)

Edited by Shizzy

I have been practicin least every couple days. Gettin the basics down I just get stuck in where to put it all together. But I been tryin out slowin down and sometimes writing down combos that really call to me. Most importantly cant give up!! :dope

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

some ideas

stick with just one sock on

stick laying down

stick sitting down

stick to different music

stick to nothing

stick to 2 different types of music goign at once

stick 2 feet away from a wall you can bounce off of

stick outside (if you can)

stick in differnt rooms like your bathroom. seat down for that one

energy drinks might make your hands unsteady and shake.

stick with a hoodie on

stick in shorts and in jeans, and in ufos

shoes on

shoes off

one on one off

please stick with a shirt on..... its never to hot to take your shirt off at a club rave.... volcano....

ask someoen to give you a song to stick to

stick with the lights off

stick with lights on

stick without sticks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats a mindfuck

Edited by tkstick

ok so heres a lil history lesson.....

when i was new the tutorials were people putting out videos.

watch them....

and the parts you wanna learn..... go over 5000 times

slow mo that shit ,,,,,,,

yo i work two jobs and still have time to stick....

you cant teach freedom....

you can only learn how to freehand once you learn that you can already do it. you just havent practiced it.

plus this is just post when you stick.,... (in conjuction with why there are no tutorials)

this is to show people that your taking this seriously too.....

we are all seperated by space and yet we still do what we do.... its just nice to know that people are still doing it. it drives me to stick when i see someone stick. so i figure that other people think this as well. we have the pleasure of expanding an art form, and a dance.... thats fucking epic... help shape history.... this is what i do every work day to do that.

i grab two markers at work and toss them around in a corner when i can... i juggle hockey pucks... i tut when i can and strech my wrist all day. .

stop trying to learn new moves..... this is not STRINGING.....

Sorry if i come off hostile...

Edited by tkstick

Great stuff TK. Inspirational and educative. Shame you're not in the Uk dude. I think I could learn a lot from you and you seem pretty cool as part of the bargain.

thanks mate

ive all ways wanted to stick threw Europe. def hit you up if i ever do.

but its not just the person i am,,, its the mind set man....

go out to a park with a pair of ultras,,, just give them to some 11 year old and see how much fun they have with those sticks.... there not worried about pulling a behind the back toss,,,, if they drop it first instinct is to pick it right back up.

we paint with light people.... that is some shit on a different level at witch people can not comprehend to realize. but i say i'll be the fool now... much rather be a fool now then naive. because i do not know what the future brings but i do not see people not dancing with glow sticks in some shape or form.