Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zin

SOS: Save Our Scene

32 posts in this topic

With the recent negative media that has once again plagued the EDM scene we love so much, we felt that it was time to act rather than stand around waiting for a harsh decline.

With this group we have many plans to educate those within the current scene through various outlets such as Facebook, Twitter (Coming Soon!), and flyers with tips and articles for a more positive festival experience. :dope

Not only do we plan on reaching out to those within the scene, but we hope to reach out to those outside to show that we're not represented by the few rioting fools who act out thoughtless actions without regard to everyone's safety. :thumbdown:

Many members here on GSC already spread positive vibes by respecting the various elements within the culture, which makes this community a perfect foundation to leap off of. It has made me extremely happy that many of you GSCers have already hopped on board with your support.

I've already spoken with Dave, and we're definitely going to make this part of the GSC family with many of the promotional materials imprinted with the GSC logo and website.

Right now, all we have is a Facebook and a few graphic designs of flyers and other promotional materials. You can like the current Facebook page by clicking the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SOS-Save-Our-Scene/100199600035238

yes yes and more YES

one question though and its about "gate rushing" ( yeah im a noob )

so ppl just run through the "gates" as they are opened to try to get in for free??? how the fuck does that even work..

They plan it out in advance and rush it with as many people as they can. They already know some people will be caught and kicked right back out or even arrested. So they "sacrifice" those few so to speak.

Whenever I use the term "Gate Rush" I also mean those people who rush and jump the gates to get into areas that have been closed due to capacity issues such as at EDC when Insomniac had double fences and what not around the Coliseum field. As evident by the current YouTube video being passed around, it's just harming the community and causing injury.

However, this group is not just focusing on gate crashing, as that's just a minor growing issue. We're focusing on the fact that many people attending these festivals don't have the proper education and knowledge to make it positive and safe.

wow thanks for the clarification

and yes spreading awareness is important.. although some of the stuff i saw on the fb group was just common sense... lol are the youth of today really that bad

dont get me wrong im still 100% behind the cause .. its just shocking that people would do this kinda stuff

wow thanks for the clarification

and yes spreading awareness is important.. although some of the stuff i saw on the fb group was just common sense... lol are the youth of today really that bad

dont get me wrong im still 100% behind the cause .. its just shocking that people would do this kinda stuff

Never underestimate the stupidity / lack of common sense of people in large groups.

Ive been severely out of the loop for a while, but good luck fixing this stuff.

honestly... I'd rather just like to see raves get banned all over so it can start all over again right.

34281_100486213339910_100199600035238_3172_2989803_n.jpg34738_101582169896981_100199600035238_10731_3994983_n.jpg

Here are just two of many pins/buttons we're designing to hand out. We're designing as many of these as possible, and then having you guys choose the ones with the best message (I can choose up to 5 designs to be printed, but one is reserved for the GSC logo). =) If you have any ideas or want to design some yourself, let me know! :dope

This is subject to Dave's approval, but here's the GSC button made from the shirt EHB designed for EDC last year:

gsc_buttonLG2.jpg

Edited by zin

we need as much feeback as we can guys! Give us some more ideas and tips to help everyone!

I totally support this! I really think with starting this now well whenever you guys started this, that we can rally a ton of people and actually make a change and show people the better side of the "rave scene."

AND those buttons are dope! I definitely want some whenever there available!!!!!!!!!

Another question....When are buttons available? :dope

Edited by Trebek

honestly... I'd rather just like to see raves get banned all over so it can start all over again right.

... doesn't sound like too bad of an idea haha.

but, yea :) i support this

34281_100486213339910_100199600035238_3172_2989803_n.jpg34738_101582169896981_100199600035238_10731_3994983_n.jpg

Here are just two of many pins/buttons we're designing to hand out. We're designing as many of these as possible, and then having you guys choose the ones with the best message (I can choose up to 5 designs to be printed, but one is reserved for the GSC logo). =) If you have any ideas or want to design some yourself, let me know! :dope

This is subject to Dave's approval, but here's the GSC button made from the shirt EHB designed for EDC last year:

gsc_buttonLG2.jpg

those buttons look amazing i def want at least one of each lol

I will be making a Tshirt for Global Dance Festival next weekend. I'll post pics when I get it!

Zin, can u send me an idea for the shirt?

I'm glad you're doing this zin and I appreciate someone who cares about the culture rather than a jaded bitter raver that only rehashes the past but does nothing to change it or contribute to the future of the scene. Kudos.

fully support this!!

Gives me an idea for some small-sized flyers that have GSC articles on it to hand out

(relevant articles for each said event of course)

Especially digging the GSC button =D

I'll help out as best I can. :3

thats a nice cause after the negativity their can be a hope to stop it :D! good luck ! I support :D

I might be having delusions of grandeur here, but if support picks up and there could be some budget for larger projects, booths at events. Have people sign up for our mailing list, maybe a sit down talk, and they walk away with a bottle of free water.

But it's all about word of mouth initially. Get the support snowballing. Just get it out there! Maybe start a blog?

I have shirts made. I could post pics, if I get the ok from Dave (or staff member?) They have a GSC logo, and username on them

We need to get good drug education to the younger kids that are already in the scene. Not so much to the public view and opinion and media. But having a healthier scene will eventually reflect back to the media.

check out http://www.dancesafe.org/ and make sure you pass it on to people. there used to be a really good safety guide on GSc a long time ago about how to use MDMA more safely, (notice more safely, not safely) I make Kandy with the dance safe URL and pass them out.