Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHEWY

MY first minimix

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys so i started learning how to mix about a month ago using my friends cdj's and the program serato still have alot to learn. i was home bored last night and made this mix of some of my favorite dubstep tracks using vdj i shall have real equipment soon so i can probably record something alittle better :) well listen in and give me pointers on what i can do better :) ....

CHEWY's MIX

Mmm dubstep, any dubstep is good dubstep. I liked the song selection, there were a few songs that I haven't heard before. Some parts were a little choppy where it would switch from song to song, like in the beginning, where it was constantly switching, it was a really cool idea and by all means it didn't sound awful, it was cool, just could use a little smoothing out, but from you saying its your first it was pretty good.

One thing that started to bother me was hearing "Chewys mix" every 1-2 min. In the beginning it was all good, but constantly throughout the song it got old.

Other than that I enjoyed it, I'll keep my eye out for another. Considering nobody on these forums ever posts anything music related, which is wack!! But I will be waiting for the next one!

lol ty very much yeah i just messed around with the first songs because they kinda went well together but if i had a real mixer it would've been a little more on point ( a mouse sucks for that kinda sucks for that) and yeah and the chewys mix thing was just so when i post it on youtube nobody can take it and claim it theres well yes i will be recording more little mixes soon i dont wanna do any long mixes till i get some real equipment because its easy to mess up with a mouse and btw because u didnt reconize some of the tracks heres the set list

Datsik & Excision-swagga

Datsik-Nuke em

Zeds Dead-Darksyde dub

Barletta-Panther(Zeds Dead remix)

Damian marley-It was written (chasing shadows remix)

You should make a long one. I've made a few like 45min mixtapes with Logic Pro.

I never thought about that, but that is a good idea to prevent someone else from claiming it as theirs. AND thanks for the track list, I always wondered what the second track was, thanks!!!