Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tkstick

Freehanders... What are you working on

99 posts in this topic

Tuts and stalls. Still trying to perfect those foot stalls.

well I'm new to freehand I'm poi but I have a nice transition into freehand so I'm playing with it now, lol I'm just trying to get the flow down smooth right now links,and traceing mostly

Isolation advanced concepts such as interior box's and directional swaps

what is an interior box

working on getting back into the whole flow of things..havent practiced at all this past month due to certain distractions (new gf mainly)

working on getting back into the whole flow of things..havent practiced at all this past month due to certain distractions (new gf mainly)

yea that would make a man slow down with them sticks lol but I respect I would & did do the same thing but now I'm working on a freehand video to post to see what my flow looks like

Let's see so far some new concepts that I've been messing around with are mindgames with three and four sticks combos, conjuring & hiding sticks, double stick stalls and tosses, behind the back grabs and tosses, foot stalls, knee tuck knee drops, half tosses, and juggling three sticks, trying to stall four sticks in three separate areas, of the body, (i.e. two on the hand, one on the elbow and one on the foot) and trying to cure my left hand syndrome. Pretty much what I've been practicing for the past five days.

well I'm new to freehand I'm poi but I have a nice transition into freehand so I'm playing with it now, lol I'm just trying to get the flow down smooth right now links,and traceing mostly

what is an interior box

I'm with DaRula, please explain this or don't make up names that no one else will comprehend, it only creates confusion.

Let's see so far some new concepts that I've been messing around with are mindgames with three and four sticks combos, conjuring & hiding sticks, double stick stalls and tosses, behind the back grabs and tosses, foot stalls, knee tuck knee drops, half tosses, and juggling three sticks, trying to stall four sticks in three separate areas, of the body, (i.e. two on the hand, one on the elbow and one on the foot) and trying to cure my left hand syndrome. Pretty much what I've been practicing for the past five days.

You posted@!!

Hehehe, yeah. I'm trying not to lurk too much and become a little more active on the boards now.

Btw, I'm planning a trip to NYC during spring break for the GSC spring break meet up and was wondering if anyone had any idea when that would be happening?

Another thing that I'm curious to try out sometime in the near future would be potentially freehanding with five or six sticks. I have the concepts in my head, but getting the flow of it all is kinda hard. Three and four sticks is hard enough, but anything is possible.

I might also release a small clip of myself, but still up in the air about that. I know how I want my first video to be like, but it requires me to have a camera and a whole lot of traveling since I want it to be less of a video of myself and more of a collaboration between all the friends I've made through glowsticking and how everyone's style has influenced my own. Another rant of what's been on my mind lately.

working on moving more when i stick.. in a circle walking back and forth, and walking to certain points in a certain order to litterley confuse me.

so what are you working on.

I tend to move around a lot naturally when i stick lol. I'm workin on a vid cuz I really wanna post my debut on GSC but mainly just practice practice gettin everything to flow together. :]

working on not toseing as much and working on doing just maybe 5 tosses in between traces

i get stuck tossing and it kinda is a downfall i believe

I am not working on anything. Except being a father and Starcraft 2. I am guessing I will be sticking once my daughter is born though, since I Need her to start early :)

Well after reviewing some footage of myself at a couple meetups, I noticed I have a tendency to rush a lot of my traces. So now I've been focusing on slowing things down, focusing on transitions between tucks, traces and threading. What really helps is glowsticking to other genre's of music, other than EDM. Personally I'm a big fan of R&B, experimental hip-hop, and the soundtrack of StarFox64. Glowsticking to some Nujabes in particular got me into incorporating some b-boy floorwork with my traces and the soundtrack to WALL-E and Up is sooooo good for coming up with crazy combo's I've never thought of.

Working on my Tuts, Tosses and leg movement!

Foot and elbow stalls, 3-4 sticks and complex toss combos.

I don't know how I ever practiced for 4-5 hours a day back when I was younger =[ So outta shape now.

hey homomomo

check this vid out

very detailed. do remeber the helicopter does take time, take your time when doing it at first, slowly, break it down into steps then break those steps down even further. and by the time you got it to that point you could make a tutorial yourself

ive been working mostly on my tracing and threading. got to the point where i can flow both together pretty nicely :) Dave suggested that i work on both sticks in one hand so i've also been working on that too :P

360 behind the back heli toss to foot kick. Yeah i know, been working on it for 2 months now, and land it about 25% of the time lol

Practicing flow, and when I'm not doing that, it's tosses.

360 behind the back heli toss to foot kick. Yeah i know, been working on it for 2 months now, and land it about 25% of the time lol

keep in mind the flow aspect of freehanding..sometimes you have a move that is sweet, but you dont land it all the time..so tweek so you do land it almost everytime

toss combos has been on my mind a lot lately