Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marn

Where to buy glowsticks

13 posts in this topic

I am making some LED sticks but unfortunately I don't have any any durable glowsticks. All the glowsticks I have ever used end up breaking at the loop after an hour or 2. Where can I find glowsticks like the ones here? Is it possible to find them in a common store like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Wal-mart?

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/11089-inovastick-v2-tutorial/

I get mine from Walmart or Home Depot

I get mine from Walmart or Home Depot

does Walmart or Home Depot have the ones like in that tutorial I linked? I looked at Walmart before in the party and toy sections but they are all bad and break after like 50 orbitals.

my dad works at homedepot and he got me a pair the sucked balls the hook broke so i always went to party city the carry omniglows try those out they tend to be great and i think thats what they used for that tut :) good luck u can also order omniglows from extremeglow.com they sell ultras really cheap there

Try to look for the Color Bright brand in stores, if you don't want to order them online. They're generally pretty good quality, except for the little hook on the top, but you can cut that off easily and then the sticks are perfect and pretty durable.

Ordering online from a wholesaler is cheaper in the end, though, I think. extremeglow.com ships pretty fast and sells sticks pretty cheap, so check them out.

RE your question about the sticks used in the tutorial you linked: those are Color Brights. You can order 'em on extremeglow.com for, like, $0.80/ea., which is pretty good compared to the what I usually see in stores, especially as you order more than just a handful of pairs.

if you get glowsticks at walmart don't get the ones in the toy aisle, they are really weak.

If you go to the camping section you should be able to find a 2 pack of glowsticks for 2 bucks. they are made by coleman and alot stronger than the others from what i've noticed.

Yeah, get the ones from the camping section. The ones i got were pretty good. They're really strong.

I used the coleman ones from Target to make my inova's. haven't had any trouble with them, and they're my regular practice sticks, so they get some serious abuse!

Before the flowlights, i got a pack of 50 greens from extremeglow.com Good glowsticks. and only 35$ with shipping

I get most of my glowsticks from Glowbrothers. The glowsticks are bright, and of course, cheap! thumbup.gif

Click here to enter the Glowbrothers website.

If you want really bright ones (I believe ultra bright ones don't last for too long), then you can go on eBay to search up some shops and sellers, because I don't know any website that sells ultra bright glowsticks internationally.

Here is an example of an ultra bright glowstick on eBay, and if you want more colours, I'm sure the seller has many more different colours for you to choose from. ).gif

Hope this helped.

-hLe.

Edited by hLe

Extremeglow.com ships internationally but not exactly cheap (to the Netherlands, shipping cost are more than the actual value of the sticks).

Cheers

If you're in the market for ultras, IMO extremeglow.com is the way to go. Check out their GL ultras.

Another option is Glowproducts.com ... Their ultras are very bright, and last much longer than the GL brand. Only thing is that they are hexagonal shaped, and the hook isn't AS durable as the GL sticks.