Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raver Girl

[Other Videos] RG Fire Poi!

14 posts in this topic

File Name :: RG Fire Poi!

Author :: Ravergirl729

Category :: Other Videos

Screenshot :: Screenshot

Description ::

Ok so its been a while since people have even seen me string in a video, and I have a secret, I have been praticing the hawaiian art of fire poi.

I must admit, it is scary, fun, and euphoric!

Lets watch my thrid burn together shall we

TAKE NOTE!!! This is pretty much unedited, except for the cool slow motion to the start, I pretty much lack poi skill, but hey, I felt brave and daring! Plus I'm getting used to my new fire set!

Enough of my pitiful excuses, lets just enjoy the toasty, fiery goodness.

MUSIC ID: Jem- They

-RG

a RAR file is like a compressed file! use WIN-RAR.com or RARLAB.COM TO EXTRACT!

Updated Tue, Oct 24 2006 9:21 pm

View File

sick. nicely done.

i haven't done fire poi since last year in december. =/

omg i filmed that! that night was fun. u dont suck at poi. ur pretty awsome. wraps were a little sketchy at first tho. but i really like the music.

YOUR ON FIRE GIRL!!!!

most people here don't fire poi, but you do and you do it so well, you had nice transitions and a lot of bodymovements all over (floor), usually that messes up the video, but not this one, your stuff came out great on tape. :dope:sm_biggrin:

haven't dropped by gs.c for a while, and I'd love to comment on your video.

Just remember I'm just telling ya what I think, take or leave comments as you see fit =)

I'm pretty impressed after watching it once. It feels like you have a decent bit of control over your moves, and you seem to have a fairly large move selection. Additonally you're moving, trying to flow better, and good stuff like that. From the stringing I've seen before, it seems like practicing has definately paid off.

First thought: It seems like your still to "move oriented". When you practice try thinking less of doing "moves" and instead taking one swing of a move you know, and moving smothly into another swing move, into another one, etc...

Second thought: Try as hard as you can to stay in your planes. I've always thought that poi and glowsticking looks prettiest when the viewer can see the circles flatly. Granted there are times when the planes are broken, but it seems like you accidentally slip out a lot. Staying in your planes come with a lot of swinging and missing =).

But again, as I watch it seems like you've definately got enough moves down to make a pretty nice routine.

Third thought: I think it's really important you realize the patterns you are putting together. For example, the little body spin you have around 46, and actually in particular from around 51-1:00 (I really like how your trying hard to do clean consecutive moves...utl move-->cool crosser--->nice fountianish move--->isolation) but then you repeat the isolation a few times and get sluggish.

You circular patterns and wraps from 1:25-1:35 looked pretty nice too. Very nice wallplane activity all around here but you break it at 1:40 when you turn. I think that when you turn you have to put a lot of thought into keeping flat to that 180 line.

You get smoother and more controlled as you get to the end of the video, and I definately think you should take that as a hint that you're definately going to keep getting better and better.

Branch out a bit into move categories that interest you and you'll be set.

Hope that helps!

Keep on stringing, someone is watching =)

Wow thanks for the replies! Especially yours stinkowicz. I know I can be a bit cleaner sometimes, but I'm still afraid of fire a bit so I notice I tend to get off balence because I pull away from my body just cause its fire.

Man I love the critiques! Makes me learn and get better!

Thanks Guys!

-RG

Woot I saw grins and giggles, That's always a good video right der

I dont understand why this is in the others section but allright.

You have a good amount of moves infront of you, and you can do most of them pretty clean it lookes like the weight of the poi might have been an issue to you. It looked like you had problems transiting between the moves. I would sugjest you start to learn more technical moves Flowers, buzzsaw isolations, more fun stuff like that pretty patterns lol. I liked your full body crosser turn. I dont think i've seen that done very smoothly. I love how you applied poi concepts and added on to them with the wraps and the turns. As Ange always said body movments are great and can add so much more to a routine but you gota try to change planes smoother. Stalls are a good way to help achive that goal so are wraps. It got a little bit repatitve near the end but it got smoother and I think you just started to get more into it at the end.

My best sugjestion would be to honestly learn more. It may get a little rough on the arms depending on what type of whicks you're using. But if you keep on learning moves it will expand your knowledge to add more moves into a routine but also help smoothen your other moves as well.

That's the plan! I was just having some fun. I'm working on stuff I didn't know about when I was really into stringing, some of it didn't get famous in the glwosticking community so I neverr eally knew it exsisted. So I feel like a noob again trying to learn more technical things. I got my sock poi and I've been practicing with my fire set too, its a tiny bit heavier than my socks, I picked them up because they were so light.

I'm sure with time I'll get better.

Thanks for the advice, maybe then guys will think I'm hot if I can spin fire. lol.

(I figured it could work in the others section because it was with fire. if it was just glowstringing it would be in the stringing, right?)

-RG

I would actually like to see this video.

Why a rar file? :/

rar compresses so much better than winzip.

-RG