Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaveForPLUR

Isolation butterfly help

13 posts in this topic

alright.. so i just watched this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiU62LY8fM

some of those moves look really awesome but I don't know how to do them. I actually just learned anti-spins last night but I still can't do them that good.

but could someone make a tutorial or just give me a basic explaination of how to do these .. ?

the main ones i want is the butterfly , and the butterfly antispin

also one more question.. when doing the iso helicopter, do you switch your hands front to back like the regular heli?

hope someone can help me, thanks

The butterfly he is doing is based on a stringing/poi move. Kind of like this but with glowsticks

The way he is doing it is by spinning both in place with one hand in front of the other.

for the "butterfly antispin"..

Work on moving in a + pattern

Pretend that this is the glowstick and the yellow dot is your hand

It will help you a lot.

For the "Butterfly antispin" you are going to be doing that pattern and having your hands start off either at the top and bottom or left and right with the sticks pointing inward.

Kind of like this but with out the spin at the top.

I think learning it going left/right is easier to learn at first then going up/down.

that's what I thought the butterfly was, but everytime I do it, it doesn't look like anything compared to his. i'm going to work on the antispin one right now though. thanks!

YESSSSS!!!!!

I love you. Just because you are interested in freehanding and made a post in the freehanding forums.

IN FACT. I love you so much I might just make a little video of these moves later tonight.

;) Should be up by tomorrowish

I personally learned a lot from Merlin's Videos! He is a beast at iso's but I have a slight problem with me..

I guess I need to strength it up but my right wrist I can barely move it as much as the left. My left one I can do some nice spins on it. Right one is stiffer. Which is one problem I have with stringing. I can't get my right wrist to spin the string enough to keep it on balance.

Ive been doing stuff like that for awhile but I totally got all of the ideas from poi. lol

still gunna make u a vid.

Gunna do those butterfly isos and the other one you asked about. any other requests for a quick little iso tutorial?

BTW Im busy for another hour and 45 minutes so it'll be a little bit till i get it up.

still gunna make u a vid.

Gunna do those butterfly isos and the other one you asked about. any other requests for a quick little iso tutorial?

BTW Im busy for another hour and 45 minutes so it'll be a little bit till i get it up.

Hmm, well help with the iso helicopter and anti-spins wouldn't be bad, because mine are sloppy as hell.

And any other cool-looking isolations I guess, i don't really know many of them.

thanks for your help!

Im confused what an isolation helicopter is?

I thought there were isolations, and there were helicopters.

Is there a specific time in one of the videos posted in this thread that shows this particular move?

Making quick tut for butterfly and butterfly antispin now

Im confused what an isolation helicopter is?

I thought there were isolations, and there were helicopters.

Is there a specific time in one of the videos posted in this thread that shows this particular move?

Making quick tut for butterfly and butterfly antispin now

ok the term for the move doesnt really matter but technically an iso heli is just a helicopter done by isos lol

i dont even call them by names anymore i just do them haha the names are pretty pointless and confusion IMO because all freehanders have different terminology for their own moves. :P

nice lil tut there Jin

now go go clean em up some hahaha jk :)