Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyeayo1

Nissan GT-R

16 posts in this topic

So.....by now, I am sure you are all well aware of the gt-r.....love it or loathe it, gimme your thoughts....I am in position to buy an 09 with 8k miles for a damn good price, and am dead set on taking ownership of it on the 4th of march, but would be curious on what your thoughts are....I have been enamored by them since they were in there infancy stages, and will be buying one regardless....just wanted some thoughts

To be honest I AM SOOOO jealous!!!! I love them, there are amazing cars no doubt with that, I've never rode in one or anything like that, but I've seen a few and watched a ton of videos and read all about em.

But after I'm done with school and my internship that is definitely the car I'm getting, and nothing will stop me from getting it :-)

But I'm curious as to if you've drove it and whats it like? What color is it? All the goodies I wanna know about haha.

But once you get it MOST DEFINITELY post up some pics! And some videos of it haha.

But yeah awesome car choice man there some gnarly machines, expensive, but very original and that's what makes em so exceptional! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures for sure!!!

I love them like madd

especially since each engine is hand built *drool*

wow ill be the one guy against gt-r's

im a fan of the R33 and R34, they are alot sexier then the gtr. that is just me tho. if i were you id wait and get the new nsx. its one year and its faster then the gtr from what im hearing. or get a honda s3000 (not a typo)

To be honest I AM SOOOO jealous!!!! I love them, there are amazing cars no doubt with that, I've never rode in one or anything like that, but I've seen a few and watched a ton of videos and read all about em.

But after I'm done with school and my internship that is definitely the car I'm getting, and nothing will stop me from getting it :-)

But I'm curious as to if you've drove it and whats it like? What color is it? All the goodies I wanna know about haha.

But once you get it MOST DEFINITELY post up some pics! And some videos of it haha.

But yeah awesome car choice man there some gnarly machines, expensive, but very original and that's what makes em so exceptional! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures for sure!!!

I have driven 2, one at a hpde event down at pir and another one at the tacoma nissan dealership back in sep. of last year...the one i'm picking up is pearl white and fully loaded, ipod interface, premium floormats etc.....they are without a doubt, the best DRIVERS car i have driven....I have driven vipers, vettes, and a couple of porsche's (all hpde type events) and the gt-r is imo, the best handling of all that i have driven...i'll have pics up most likely before the end of the day of pick up! lol

wow ill be the one guy against gt-r's

im a fan of the R33 and R34, they are alot sexier then the gtr. that is just me tho. if i were you id wait and get the new nsx. its one year and its faster then the gtr from what im hearing. or get a honda s3000 (not a typo)

the new nsx is rumored to be available mid year, but those will surely be on back order as well as way over msrp....and the s3000 is still in prototype, slated for a POSSIBLE release in 2012......maybe, after 2 to 3 years of the nsx is released, i may check one out....i'm sure i'll get a chance to "play" with one at some hpde, but i am not that wealthy to be able to afford a supercar on release....and nsx will prolly clock in with an over 100k+ price tag.....or very close

The GT-R is easily one of my favorite cars. Very jealous..

only 2 more days!! I fly out weds. morning to pick it up!! cant wait!!!!!!!

mine too....good things come to those that wait....i fell in love with it the first time i saw it at the l.a. auto show......i knew i had to have it.....patience.....and a lot of internet searching and bargaining, calling and negotiating....finally :)

GT-R is one one impressive japanese super car. i know a family friend who has one and he says you might wanna get aftermarket brakes for it. the stock brakes are a little eh and switching to brembo brakes was one of the best decisions he made. there's also hearsay on you might have the danger of voiding your warranty if your transmission breaks while using the launch control. well since i don't have any sufficient material on how the GT-R performs in the long run, well good luck sir. :)

GT-R is one one impressive japanese super car. i know a family friend who has one and he says you might wanna get aftermarket brakes for it. the stock brakes are a little eh and switching to brembo brakes was one of the best decisions he made. there's also hearsay on you might have the danger of voiding your warranty if your transmission breaks while using the launch control. well since i don't have any sufficient material on how the GT-R performs in the long run, well good luck sir. :)

yeah....the launch control thing is a lesson already taught by nissan, and I for one have listened and learned.....although, i kinda think it's bs to market the car as a 0-60mph in x.x seconds without being able to achieve it unless the launch control is used....never the less....

well.....i should be on the road now driving up i5 back from san jose to tacoma in my gt-r.....but me posting here would not be possible.....long story short, be very very careful when purchasing a car over the internet....NEVER put a deposit down on something without seeing it in person.....the guy was pressing me very hard to put a deposit down "oh, i got all these people looking at it" and "it may not be here when you land" etc etc.....I did not put a deposit down and was ready to hand over a check from my credit union "IF" the car was as advertised in the pictures and mechanicly sound.....needless to say, it was not.....the stock wheels were replaced with some off brand ebay wheels, the mats were MIA, there was a HUGE scuff on the front passenger side bumper, the wheels were more than bald and there was 8,200 more miles than listed.....

I was pissed, instead of cruising up the i5 in my dream car I am stuck in a crappy holiday inn by the airport, waiting till tomorrow morning to get on a flight back to seattac.......I am going to be talking to my attorney (brother in law, lol) about filing a civil suit for my expenses, and think I have a damn good case, I took pictures of the POS he was trying to sell and have print outs of emails from this tool bag.....I should of known that 57k was too good to be true

More updates to come....

Oh man, I can't believe that, when I saw that you posted again I was like, "oh shit, gunna see this bad ass car" and after reading that, well people really are just complete assholes.

I can't believe that man, I'm sorry about that, and yeah most definitely get a case against that jerk if you can. But think about it this way, there's only a better one to be found that will be yours, so it'll pay off in the end for going through this crap.

Anyways good luck with your search and the case against him.

it was probably stolen

I was thinking that as well.....he said he paid for it cash and he had a title for it.....I wasn't able to see it up close to verify though.....my brother in law is contacting him tomorrow after he signed for the certified letter outlining the proceedings, hopefully he plays ball and just reimburses me.....we shall see.

Well, turns out all is not lost.....the "guy" ended up cutting me a money order for 900 bucks and I have found another "prospect" and its local.....we shall see

also, the local one is black, not my first choice....but what can you do lol