Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dxter3

What is our art coming to?

15 posts in this topic

This has happened before, It'll happen again, It's Cyclical.

Remember the 90's? How Rave culture became boxed up and sold to Mass Media? It's happening again.

@ EK: Cyclical. Meaning "Like a cycle." Sorry, I use the word a lot.

And yes, even though I am part of this wave of "ravers" it'll die out. If you look at the late 1990's and early 2000's, there was a peaking scene there, and it died too because of the law crack down.

@ EK: Cyclical. Meaning "Like a cycle." Sorry, I use the word a lot.

And yes, even though I am part of this wave of "ravers" it'll die out. If you look at the late 1990's and early 2000's, there was a peaking scene there, and it died too because of the law crack down.

Thanks. Editing now.

My vocabulary is vast, but the knowledge is small, no?

@Aodzhombie

The big events are a HUGE part of this. As much as I'd like to go to EDC, it's not for that party, it's for GS.C's Ultra Circle, because the party is bollocks for the most part. While Massives have a place, it's a misnomer to call them raves, because they're not "raves", they're events. The motive behind a party(And typically, the crowd/talent.) is a huge reason that massives tend not to be a "rave" as they're usually profit orientated as opposed to party orientated.

Of course, you need to make a profit in order to have more parties, but if you're throwing parties for profit, you're doing it wrong. IIRC: A fellow B-town member (Outofcontrol) threw an event for holloween and broke even, but it was still a damn good party, even when the speakers blew out.

I like to think that the people who where there for the party stayed, and that's pretty much what happened. the majority of the people who stayed where there for the feeling, not the party, and that's something that I can totally get behind. Massives are fun, but it's just not the same feeling as being with 20-40 of your closest friends and a DJ, and just dancing the fucking night away to some good tracks.

That's what a Rave is to me, it's not the party, it's the feeling, the party, well, if it gets that feeling from me, it's a rave.

oh my god is all i have to say im speechless

he said he was hard core and strings every day lik ewelcome to glowsticking

[rant] guys im the shit cuz i can use ultras and do trances and wraps[/rant]

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I've heard that the scene kind of repeats in cycles, i'm really hoping it dies down soon.

Aodzhomie- everytime I see that gif of those bats, I think there's ants crawling on my computer screen lmao.

hopefully this will just blow over, I never worry about things too much unless I hear them from an outside source

EX: didn't worry about the wii glowsticking game, do worry about dj hero -.-

I think it's hilarious that two more threads were created about this. :3

hopefully this will just blow over, I never worry about things too much unless I hear them from an outside source

EX: didn't worry about the wii glowsticking game, do worry about dj hero -.-

waaaaaaaaaat gsing for wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Stupid guidos. I can't believe reality TV is even popular...it just is beyond me.

waaaaaaaaaat gsing for wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

it was just an idea they had, but the video was all over this site, had traces heli's ect. -.-

can't find the video now though >.<