Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Apple iPad

17 posts in this topic

:huh:

Unless they're holding the best feature for last, this was a huge disappointment to all the hype it has been receiving. It's just a giant iPod touch...

I'll hold off my initial decision to purchase one until I can get my hands to try one out...

WiFi pricing starts at $499 with WiFi + 3G starting at $629.

3G Plans with AT&T are $29.99 for Unlimited with NO contract.

The pricing isn't bad at all compared to a full sized laptop or even a netbook. I would wait until people actually get their hands on it.

499 for the base model of a glorified iPhone?

Not for me. Id rather just get a Macbook.

It doesnt even multi-task, what kind of computer can't multi task????

The new sprint phones (I think they are sprint) can freakin multi task.

If Apple spent over a year in making this thing, and they cant even do what new cell's are doing...

Seriously, take an obnoxiously large iPhone, give it new apps like iWork, Brushes, and iBooks, and there you go. ()_()

ummmmmmm..... No. Sounds quite fail to me.

If I had the money, I'd get it just to have one. But I'm not really itching to get one at the moment.

Damn, how many times must i say this!! I see it more as a commercial device / product! However, I also do see a nice opportunity for application marketing with it = moneys! :]

Annnnnd!! It'll never replace lovely paper books! Vive les livres!

Plus, what happens if it gets rained on or dropped! :-p perhaps you're even lucky that it gets stolen or lost.

On a personal note, I have an iphone and an 12 inch apple laptop already. Both pretty much make what this technology is!! I see no need for this personally besides commercial usage like a control pad for meetings / presentations or a manager at a huge store checking information and items real time.

My perspective, simple as that!

why would anybody buy this over an actually laptop/mp3 player seeing as you can buy either of those for less/the same price?

AT&T

At&t didnt make the Maxi pad, apple did. So its apple's fault it cant multi task (Zin said he was going to name his iPad "max" and call it max iPad)

But heres a small rant on at&t...

At&t's only marketing ploy right now is that they can browse web and talk on the phone and verizon cant unless you have two phones.

At&t sucks balls and charges more than any other network. Not to mention they have more phones on their network than they can handle at any one time. OH WAIT! its not even PHONES in general. Its just freakin iPhones. Remember when they all teamed up, took down the entire network and cost them a shitton in revenue?

At&t fails so hard it makes me wanna punch someone really hard. How can anyone company be so fail????????????????????

/rant

do-not-want-dog.jpg

I was actually interested, until I found out everything it is missing. (not to mention I think that huge bezel is absolutely horrendous)

No USB, no SD, no Adobe support (flash included), no multi-tasking?

Seriouslly Apple, what the hell were you thinking, you slammed this thing full of the bells and whistles that everyone already has. Where are the 100+ hours of battery life offered by the Kindle or Nook? We need stand alone apps to get our flash support and other web-browing essentials? No thank you - everyone has had just about enough of that with the iphone and ipod. Not to mention that the standard is wifi, you couldnt even throw in the 3G to compensate for everything else thats missing. No USB? jesus christ, I can't even start on that one.

This is their saddest ploy yet to string us along for the next 10 years, while they painstakingly release "upgraded" versions of this shit product, with "additional features" that should of came standard. If this actually breaks in to the market i'll shit my pants.

From watching the little bits of video on the news, I must admit that I wasn't impressed. But after watching the entire 1 1/2 hour keynote video on their website I'm now very excited.

Apple intended this product to target a market in between smart phones and laptops. This product could kill netbooks, which IMO were a horrible idea.

You can't argue with the numbers. Apple knows what it's doing. It has become the largest mobile device company in the world now averaging $50 billion in revenue a year. 250 million ipods sold, 3 billion apps downloaded, 125 million credit card accounts in the app store...these were just a few of the statistics that blew me away.

There are some features missing that I would have liked to see. But how many companies get it right on the first try? As with all companies, I'm sure they will introduce new models with these upgrades as technology advances and costs are reduced.

My sis bout me an ipod touch for xmas and I haven't been the same since. I had no idea what a versatile device it was. I have 8 pages of apps that can do a wide variety of things. I have an app that is a midi controller for my DJ software, another one is an midi keyboard, I have a MPC app, a sequencer, a few synths...and that's just one page. I can even DJ a party armed only with my ipod and a sound system to plug into. Those are just apps I use as a DJ. I don't want to list all of them.

I suggest watching the keynote video before being too critical. It's difficult to make an informed opinion without all of the facts. And keep in mind that Apple just barely released the ipad SDK, so most of the 3rd party developers haven't had the time to make any apps for it. The potential for this device is amazing and I have no doubt it will be very successful. I would suggest not to buy the first generation, but I know there r gonna b some who just have to have it and camp out in front of the store opening day.

From watching the little bits of video on the news, I must admit that I wasn't impressed. But after watching the entire 1 1/2 hour keynote video on their website I'm now very excited.

Apple intended this product to target a market in between smart phones and laptops. This product could kill netbooks, which IMO were a horrible idea.

You can't argue with the numbers. Apple knows what it's doing. It has become the largest mobile device company in the world now averaging $50 billion in revenue a year. 250 million ipods sold, 3 billion apps downloaded, 125 million credit card accounts in the app store...these were just a few of the statistics that blew me away.

There are some features missing that I would have liked to see. But how many companies get it right on the first try? As with all companies, I'm sure they will introduce new models with these upgrades as technology advances and costs are reduced.

My sis bout me an ipod touch for xmas and I haven't been the same since. I had no idea what a versatile device it was. I have 8 pages of apps that can do a wide variety of things. I have an app that is a midi controller for my DJ software, another one is an midi keyboard, I have a MPC app, a sequencer, a few synths...and that's just one page. I can even DJ a party armed only with my ipod and a sound system to plug into. Those are just apps I use as a DJ. I don't want to list all of them.

I suggest watching the keynote video before being too critical. It's difficult to make an informed opinion without all of the facts. And keep in mind that Apple just barely released the ipad SDK, so most of the 3rd party developers haven't had the time to make any apps for it. The potential for this device is amazing and I have no doubt it will be very successful. I would suggest not to buy the first generation, but I know there r gonna b some who just have to have it and camp out in front of the store opening day.

about the apps, i thought this was cool. this guy was in Haiti during the earth quake and his life was saved by his iphone

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

i heard that the app told him not to fall asleep so he set his alarm to go off like every 20 min or something

you pretty much explained why the Itouch is good, not the Ipad.

only 16 gigs, huge, and other than that an itouch? not investing $500-$700 in that