Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Nitr0

To Another Day

149 posts in this topic

Guest wuxanaXan

Well I logged in finally. Account deletion requested. Since the button doesn't work. It's all lies.

We had a talk and I deleted his account. I don't hold grudges and I'm not going to explain my actions for the hundred time.

But to say that everyone decided to leave because of a banning is incorrect. It's a series of bannings, all of which happened to be friends or friends of Jun0. We enforced the rules as we always had, and many staff members all chose the same way.

When Jun0 was first banned, 90% of the socal membership supported the actions. 6 months after the initial banning, Wilson/wuxanaXan was still attnding all the meetings. As recently as Love Parade/Love Fest. From EDC and onward, not a single word was made about Jun0.

Every single person who was banned or left have been from the time period in which Jun0 was a member. Most of the long time members are here to stay.

To say I'm the only person to make decisions is ludicrous. I'm just the face of the site, and thus am subject to personal attacks as much as I have attached Jun0. This site depends on the work of a lot of hard working people.

GSC is not just me. It's a community of glowstickers who feel the same way.

Im going to try and keep this as on topic as possible

At least back in the day people were straight up with each other and didnt pussy foot around their feelings for each other.

If you dont agree with the rules we have fucking leave. You don't deserve to get a good bye thread. You can say good bye to your friends on facebook.

+1

Threads like this are just stupid. People in the past at least said exactly why they were leaving. Dont be vague about it. Either just fuckin leave or be straight up about it and say exactly why you are leaving.. Thats why when I read this shit at first, I was like... WTF?

Honestly, we don't disagree with the Gs.c ideal. Why else would we have joined it in the first place? We disagree with how it is now run. That's why we decide to leave in the first place.

Ive been either an active member or an occasional lurker on this site since like.... 2003-2004.

The site has more or less ALWAYS been run the same way. If anything, I would say that the site has gotten softer in a lot of ways..

You all only seemed to care once you were the ones who got attacked for doing shit.

If you dont like Dave or you dont like the sites stances then leave. I dont hold it against anybody for leaving the site. I might not agree with those people but at least I respect them. Just dont bullshit yourselfs.

Ive been either an active member or an occasional lurker on this site since like.... 2003-2004.

The site has more or less ALWAYS been run the same way. If anything, I would say that the site has gotten softer in a lot of ways..

You all only seemed to care once you were the ones who got attacked for doing shit.

Word, a lot of people only cared when their friends were the the ones who got banned. Then all of a sudden it was hard to follow the rules. It was easier to ignore. It's a big popularity contest.

Honestly I'm just indirectly asking for an account deletion. I know I'm not wanted here, but it doesn't matter because this is just so amusing, how mistakes are never learned from here.

And Ryan, thank you very much for bringign that up. Honestly, we don't disagree with the Gs.c ideal. Why else would we have joined it in the first place? We disagree with how it is now run. That's why we decide to leave in the first place. What just so happens is that somehow Dave finds someway to link Jun0 into this, and bring all this shit back.

*yawn*

I think you'll be a lot happier not being around here. Leaving was in your own best interest as well as for everyone else in socal. Peace.

I agree with the thoughts and feelings behind Cleric, Cody, and Dave's posts. As well as the posts from the supporting members. Although I do not like the way the posts were written, again, I agree with what they are saying.

I believe we as GSC want to uphold the values that were established here about 9 years ago, and that we want to defend those values. We do not want members of the site to glowstring for money or to support those that do.

If you want to glowstick for money, battle, or do other things this site (community) does not agree with, then you should not be apart of it. If you believe in doing things that go against the beliefs of gsc, that is fine, you are a person who has an opinion.

If an employee does not follow the rules of the job, they will not continue to be apart of the company nor will they get the benefits that come from being a part of the company.

This topic should be closed.

No it shouldn't. This is Nitro's farewell thread. I don't think he intended it to be a "Bash Jun0 again" thread. My guess is he didn't want to be so forthcoming about his reasons to leave GSC because he knew it would have resulted in this.

My Nitro is gone??...

Farewell good friend... our paths will cross again soon

So, I haven't been here in a looong time. Just now catching up on what's going on, but it seems there is no catching up needed when the current issues are the same as they were a year ago.

PERSONALLY, I think personal things should be kept personal. I have a feeling that's where most of this drama/shit is coming from.

It is great that the internet is here and you basically have freedom to say whatever and do whatever; it makes the internet a nice place to hang out, but everything that's said here can be read by almost anyone and they can say whatever they want in return. It goes back and forth.

This is a glowsticking community, not your diary.

(Not directed at anyone in particular. I'm just putting it out there for everyone in case they didn't know.)

This isn't IfuckinglovePLUR.com

You wan't to know how to hide your ignorance in an intelligent and time-efficient manner?

Don't fucking quote "PLUR" every time someone flames you for some dumb ass post you make.

You said some stupid shit, get over it, everyone makes mistakes.

If you can learn to hold your tounge for two goddamn seconds whenever you get these urges to blow your fucking PLUR wad all over my screen, people will carry alot more respect for you.

On top of that.

I guess this is the thread to do it...

Look at these fucking names people. Are these morons the great contributors of Glowsticking.com's vast, comprehensive, and ever-expanding collection of resources?

No.

In short, they are the new people and scrubs. This is the cancer that is killing gsc. You cancerous fucks. I never thought I would live to see the fucking day when there would be so much disrespect for Dave in a single thread.

How the fuck do you sleep at night? He founded the site. He brought glowsticking from a group of friends in southern California to every continent on the goddamn planet, people of all races and cultures, even in to your undeserving grubby little hands. He changed your life, and up until your e-thug balls dropped and you started spewing this ignorant nonsense, you knew it was for the better.

The truth is that without Dave, without the admins and mods, without the oldschoolers, the newschoolers who actually contribute meaningful material; without GS.C, there would be no Glowsticking culture. No stringing and no freehand. GXG and other sister sites spawned because they were unquestionably influenced and interested in gsc, but none of them had the intiative to personally invest, and sink hour after unending hour of their lives into something that they truly believed in.

Its boiling down to maturity. Don't disrespect the man just because you fucked up. It shows your weakness and cowardess.

In before swinging from Daves nuts, text wall, etc...

My life would undoubtedly be fundamentally different if I had never found glowsticking.com. And being that I know it was for the better, I am forever indebted to cynicdave. Maybe you lack some sense of commitment or respect. Who knows, but whatever your personal problems are, how you go about handling them is fucking pathetic. Leave the boards in peace and spare us your asinine comments and "oh god, the despair, I can't take it anymore, just ban me" threads.

You learned from us, you didn't learn the rules, go steal what is rightfully ours and continue to pervert it with your shitty non-inventive freehanding.

I have refrained from critquing new videos because of shit like this. You don't deserve to even lurk us after such blatant exhibitons of idiocy... so kindly, get the fuck out, and take your friends with you.

Yeah...what spazz said.

To nitro...I hope I'll see you around online. You're a good kid. :)

You wan't to know how to hide your ignorance in an intelligent and time-efficient manner?

Don't fucking quote "PLUR" every time someone flames you for some dumb ass post you make.

If you can learn to hold your tounge for two goddamn seconds whenever you get these urges to blow your fucking PLUR wad all over my screen, people will carry alot more respect for you.

On top of that.

Look at these fucking names people. Are these morons the great contributors of Glowsticking.com's vast, comprehensive, and ever-expanding collection of resources?

No.

In short, they are the new people and scrubs. This is the cancer that is killing gsc. You cancerous fucks. I never thought I would live to see the fucking day when there would be so much disrespect for Dave in a single thread.

How the fuck do you sleep at night? He founded the site. He brought glowsticking from a group of friends in southern California to every continent on the goddamn planet, people of all races and cultures, even in to your undeserving grubby little hands. He changed your life, and up until your e-thug balls dropped and you started spewing this ignorant nonsense, you knew it was for the better.

The truth is that without Dave, without the admins and mods, without the oldschoolers, the newschoolers who actually contribute meaningful material; without GS.C, there would be no Glowsticking culture. No stringing and no freehand. GXG and other sister sites spawned because they were unquestionably influenced and interested in gsc, but none of them had the intiative to personally invest, and sink hour after unending hour of their lives into something that they truly believed in.

Its boiling down to maturity. Don't disrespect the man just because you fucked up. It shows your weakness and cowardess.

My life would undoubtedly be fundamentally different if I had never found glowsticking.com. And being that I know it was for the better, I am forever indebted to cynicdave. Maybe you lack some sense of commitment or respect. Who knows, but whatever your personal problems are, how you go about handling them is fucking pathetic. Leave the boards in peace and spare us your asinine comments and "oh god, the despair, I can't take it anymore, just ban me" threads.

You learned from us, you didn't learn the rules, go steal what is rightfully ours and continue to pervert it with your shitty non-inventive freehanding.

I have refrained from critquing new videos because of shit like this. You don't deserve to even lurk us after such blatant exhibitons of idiocy... so kindly, get the fuck out, and take your friends with you.

quoted for emphasis.

go steal what is rightfully ours and continue to pervert it with your shitty non-inventive freehanding.

:inmyopinion:

GSC is a pretty large community, there are bound to be a few bad eggs. Please don't assume everyone who sucks doesn't deserve your time of day for commenting on their videos :(

Don't forget, there are plenty of people who post on GSC who aren't that great, but do observe the culture. I have come to realize that I am definately NOT the best when it comes to glowsticking. However, I do observe the culture, and have always been trying to learn more about the rave community.

while there are people who post their videos on GSC who don't observe the culture, I am not one of those. I post so I can get critique from older members, and get better! I respect people like Spazzman becuase of their experience, and am totally blessed to have the friendly people of GSC comment and critique my videos :)

There's too much drama in this thread, so I thought I'd leave this hilarious and unrelated pic here.

OMG-PIE.jpg

It seems like this is where the road ends for some members who used to be a part of the community, but honestly this is nothing that I have not seen before.

Some people are really making a big deal out of this. True, this is most likely the biggest incident that has happened over the past few years. Does anyone still remember the Tekno Turtles issue with the people battling, causing tension between different crews? That was definitely a lot more serious than what is happening now.

Now it is just stupid drama that is not necessary at all. It saddens me much that people are glowsticking in order to become known and get sponsored, that was NEVER what it was about. If people do not like how the community is being ran, then they should just leave and not make a big deal about it. I am not going to mention names, but some people continue to talk down about the community and that irritates me so much. I really miss the old days where people would get so pissed off and then just leave in order to save embarrassment…as weird as that sounds.

Looking back a few years ago, I have been involved in a few incidents myself that I am not too happy to have been a part of. They have been a learning experience since then, and what does not kill you makes you stronger indeed.

Yeah, those were some rough rough days. TT was bad because they were really influential glowstringers, coming at at a time when glowstringing was coming of age and the chicago stringers were slowly growing up and not into it as much. i mean they took the airwrap and invented orbitals from it. ORBITALS.

but i respected them because they didn't continue to create all the drama behind the scenes by hanging out at meetups and being creepers at our events and messaging our members.

On top of that.

No.

dude ..... wow you kinda onwed that guy... respects.... on a diffrent note every time ive ever seen you post you seem upset... so " WHY SO SERIOUS" jk jk jk man mad respects for pwning that guy

It seems like this is where the road ends for some members who used to be a part of the community, but honestly this is nothing that I have not seen before.

Some people are really making a big deal out of this. True, this is most likely the biggest incident that has happened over the past few years. Does anyone still remember the Tekno Turtles issue with the people battling, causing tension between different crews? That was definitely a lot more serious than what is happening now.

Now it is just stupid drama that is not necessary at all. It saddens me much that people are glowsticking in order to become known and get sponsored, that was NEVER what it was about. If people do not like how the community is being ran, then they should just leave and not make a big deal about it. I am not going to mention names, but some people continue to talk down about the community and that irritates me so much. I really miss the old days where people would get so pissed off and then just leave in order to save embarrassment…as weird as that sounds.

Looking back a few years ago, I have been involved in a few incidents myself that I am not too happy to have been a part of. They have been a learning experience since then, and what does not kill you makes you stronger indeed.

sponsored? really? wtf thats so ret if you dont mind me asking who are they being sponored by and what do they get? like free glowsticks, cuz thos things are so friggin expensive without a sponsor to subsidize them and shoe laces dont get me started OH NO 3.25 CND AT WALL-MART HOW WILL ANYONE EVER AFFORD THAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

kk so that was a bit of a rant but my question still stands :)