Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Nitr0

To Another Day

149 posts in this topic

2h4esrm.jpg

come on guys... really.. isnt admins the ones who are suppose to keep threads on topic? but here we have them braking away from it and bringing non topic issues?

One of the main reasons this has been brought up is the recent activity by the people who were banned or former members of the site.

This issue was also discussed extensively in staff forums, of which afro-nitro was a part of of those discussion.

I was also extremely annoyed about finding out that Jun0 was getting paid for glowsticking 2 days before when he was telling everyone as recently as 3-4 months ago that he still accepted the culture, just not the staff portion. in fact, the people at the club were telling it was his dream to make it so that he could create a professional organization for glowsticking.

he talks to many members of the site and many members have told me he still regularly denounces glowsticking.com.

As everyone in the staff can attest to, I was ready to accept him back to the site as recently as 3 months ago.

This is a great litmus test to see who actually would defend people like jun0 getting paid. i guess we know now.

Guest Formerly Wuxanaxan
This post doesn't need to be locked. I think people can make their own decisions.

Everyone who is defending this whole haterade jerkfest are people who have been banned before, told not to glowstick at school functions, people who love making money from glowsticking and would defend people doing it.

Dave. Really. Just stop taking out your grudges on other people. So what if you don't like Marvin? We all already know that. The more you bash on him and his friends, the more you sound like the leader of a popular clique in high school, just itching to make fun of the outcasts. And that is not fitting for a man of your age.

Requote:

"Everyone who sympathizes with these sinners are non-believers and heathens who don't mind living their life without the Lord's light."

Yea sounds exactly like that.

I'm sorry, I find it someone dumb of you to criticize the fact I'm denouncing people who get paid for glowsticking and people who defend it, on glowsticking.com

Now I'm denouncing YOU.

Guest Formerly Wuxanaxan
One of the main reasons this has been brought up is the recent activity by the people who were banned or former members of the site.

This issue was also discussed extensively in staff forums, of which afro-nitro was a part of of those discussion.

I was also extremely annoyed about finding out that Jun0 was getting paid for glowsticking 2 days before when he was telling everyone as recently as 3-4 months ago that he still accepted the culture, just not the staff portion. in fact, the people at the club were telling it was his dream to make it so that he could create a professional organization for glowsticking.

he talks to many members of the site and many members have told me he still regularly denounces glowsticking.com.

As everyone in the staff can attest to, I was ready to accept him back to the site as recently as 3 months ago.

This is a great litmus test to see who actually would defend people like jun0 getting paid. i guess we know now.

I'm sorry, I find it someone dumb of you to criticize the fact I'm denouncing people who get paid for glowsticking and people who defend it, on glowsticking.com

Now I'm denouncing YOU.

Then you are perpetuating a hateful situation yes? Look Dave. Since when did acting as a kid when you're an adult get you anywhere?

A "culture" can be something that is widely left open to interpretation and variation. Perhaps Marvin's ideal summarization of glowsticking amounts to something professional. Perhaps he wants it to be treated as an equal art form as well. If visual artists like me can make money off of drawing, if musicians make money off of concerts, actors off of movies, dancers off of performances, maybe he just wants the same thing for glowsticking.

This doesn't necessarily say I am for his position as a glowsticker. But in my opinion if I really want to accept glowsticking as a legitimate art, then it should have the same oppurtunities as those mentioned before. Should I also provide you with the fact that Marvin's denouncing of Gs.c is in actuality a denouncing of the actions you take on the site? Specifically. He really doesn't mind the rest of Gs.c.

However, what Marvin does is up to him, regardless of whether he is on Gs.c or not, and you can't seem to accept that.

On another note, you seem to imply that Gs.c ideals are the dominant and only legitimate culture for the art. You fail (or perhaps just don't want) to see that there can be various facets for such a simple thing as glowsticking.

If you claim to be open-minded/open-hearted and accepting of others, maybe you should actually act that way, and not look down upon those other interpretations. I am mentioning all of this, because it is something that goes against what Gs.c claims to be as a whole.

To all the former and banned members,

I know that this probably has been brought up before, but if you have such a dislike of gsc and of Dave, why than, do you keep returning here to keep posting.

Obviously, we won't agree with your views on glowsticking, and you won't agree with ours. Just let it rest for Christ sake. If you want to argue/debate about it, than do so on neutral ground and not here or somewhere were you are 'at home'. Do so, in real life, not at a meetup, or a rave, or another event. If you are so interested in debating our views than email to Dave, Cleric, and other stafmembers and see if they are willing to have an actual meeting in real life.

Cheers

Dam i left this thread with 3 pages.. now its 6.

i just finished reading everything.

I would honestly pay to hear what those people would say in person.

anyone could Type on the computer.

To the guys opening the door more than it has to be.. " monarch or whatever".

That just my opinion.. he's know my opinion. when he asked me the question." you can see it on my facebook"

if you dont like it. come to EDC i would love for you to scream at me.. in my face.. in person.. infront of everyone.. just so you can get it over with.. and look like the bad guy. while i laugh and continue partying with my homies.

Because .. i pay over 1000 bucks to travel to california.. to have drama.. :rtfm:

Look like a douch infront of the people you respect"Glowstickers" who you wouldnt have probly met without the help of Glowsticking.com.

because of course im the bad guy for speaking my mind....

its dumb people like you who make me not ever wana go back to the West Coast.

but after defending myself.. and getting that off of my chest.

im going to have to agree with alot of people.. including dave. and cleric..etc. on a phew points they have.

but some people are just taking this way to personal.

and possible forgeting what we are talking about in the first place.

Glowsticking.. the art of dancing with Glowsticks.

if marvin wants to get payed for it... and sink that low.. which is my opinion.. then thats he's choice.. its kinda not really affecting our lives. it just makes us stronger as a community.

if He wants to brag and tell the world.. then its watever..its just More drama not needed.

making enemys out of nowhere... which will lead to people hurting other people. which is something i never wana see or hear about again.

no one can even metion the world plur.. because we it comes to fights like these... it gets throw out the window.

if you guys want to be renegade then its cool.. do watever.. just dont come crying back when ur bored with life because you feel like there is something missing.

Because in the end when you still Spinning your glowstick with string or dancing with glowsticks in your hands... you are Glowsticking... and you know where that word came from.. this Website that has helped you.( even if you dont believe in our beliefs anymore)

we have been in the scene for a long time. and know the difference between right and wrong.

- FreakDeKe

I've got tutorials to take care of =P

i think i can speak for a large amount of gs.c when i say ... we are still waiting!!!!!! im going kookoo fo cocopuffs just waiting for them :)

since were all off topic how about that GXG

i mean since alot of old shit is being back from the dead :D

I can accept other sites with different ideas, such as GXG or string-e-forum because I have to.

But on this site, I think I have the freedom to put the point of view that glowsticking at a shitty club to get paid is being a sell-out.

That's all. I think Wilson's logic explains enough to everyone else here.

dude, wilson. Why the fuck are you still here? Can't you tell nobody wants you around?

And no, nobody needs to be banned. I think more "quittings" would be greatly appreciated though. :D

damn i miss the days of people getting pissed off, shutting the fuck up and leaving.

I miss thse days too. Back then, people did something with their disagreements. They shut up and left and went onto something else. THey didn't stick around like Golem from lord of the rings being forever pissed off they didn't fit in the community.

what are you all talking about alot of guys left yesterday o.o

lol and epherixium you wasnt even here in 08 so how wouldnt know

like seriously.... u meet your close friends through the site... you learn things whether its from people on the site or the site itself... then you want to sling mud.

At least back in the day people were straight up with each other and didnt pussy foot around their feelings for each other.

We argued about styles and shit... we had huge cursing fights over geeky poi shit.

not who fucked whos girl or any of this other HS drama. everyone who stayed on the site new the rules and respected the rules enough to not stick around and talk shit behind peoples back. At the end of the day we all agreed on how we want to portray ourselves to the world as glowstickers.

To many of the new breed care to much about the fame and cock sucking attention you get from glowsticking t a club or rave. Like i said before...if you dont agree with the rules we have fucking leave. You don't deserve to get a good bye thread. You can say good bye to your friends on facebook.

and dammit..... since when do i play good cop.

Guest Formerly Wuxanaxan
To all the former and banned members,

I know that this probably has been brought up before, but if you have such a dislike of gsc and of Dave, why than, do you keep returning here to keep posting.

Obviously, we won't agree with your views on glowsticking, and you won't agree with ours. Just let it rest for Christ sake. If you want to argue/debate about it, than do so on neutral ground and not here or somewhere were you are 'at home'. Do so, in real life, not at a meetup, or a rave, or another event. If you are so interested in debating our views than email to Dave, Cleric, and other stafmembers and see if they are willing to have an actual meeting in real life.

Cheers

You are quite right. However whats make this situation even more laughable is that Dave lives in California, where most of us who disagree with him are from. There is a damn good reason why. Ask yourself that, "What is this reason why most of them fell off with Dave?" Look at most of the people defending him, they are either recent or outside of Southern California. Coincidence?

And it is for a fact that most of the older members here in California (So Cal to be specific), who haven't been banned or suspended, decided to leave Gs.c because Dave can't let things like this go. Oh and there's is one former staff member I have in mind (and a very dedicated member at that), who left even before this thing involving "Jun0" started. Because he disagrees with what Dave does on this site. So ask yourself this, do you personally know Dave enough in person to know who he really is?

This happened when, 2008? Since then Dave hasn't been to many meetups to clarify things even if he wanted (and don't use your moving excuse Dave, we know someone who moved here from Malaysia this past year who happened to find time for these things). Look, in So Cal, even if we are no longer on Gs.c we are still a very close knit community. We all put stories together and they match up. Perhaps Dave should learn the facts before making accusations. That's what gets under our skin. That's why we keep coming back, so we can clarify, and defend ourselves against those accusations.

In a nutshell, Nitro just said he wanted to leave because of conflicting emotions. But look who was the one who brought up the name "Marvin" first, out of nowhere. There is definitely someone perpetuating this bullshit, but it's not us.

But I'm pretty sure, as it is a trend on this site, some people will not read this, and just put in some off topic BS.

First of all. This is my oppinion, take it or leave it.

Dave, I believe it was uncalled for for you to bring jun0 into this thread when it had nothing to do with it, nitr0 was a part of this site, a staff member and had the right to let people know when he left. Im still wondering what happened to Yaaqob.

Im not saying what jun0 is doing or was doing is right or wrong but by bringing him into this, you indirectly compared he and nitr0 which was wrong.

Other members who keep springing up to voice arguments and complain about how things are run, this is Dave's site. He tries to preserve his, and several thousand other people's, interpretation of the glowsticking culture. If you happen to have a problem with it, leave. We as members arent begging you to stay. Id go so far as to say most members would like a nice friendly forum, free of hate and anger, but this is a large step back.

Go away if you have such a huge problem with it. You arent going to change peoples oppinions. Its like arguing politics. We believe what we want to believe. You cant change that. Stop trying.

*These are all my thoughts and do not reflect the views of gsc any of its other staff members or any of its regular members. If you have a problem with anything said in this post, do not take it as a generalization of the members of gsc or any of its administrative personel. Thank you*

Guest Formerly Wuxanaxan
dude, wilson. Why the fuck are you still here? Can't you tell nobody wants you around?

And no, nobody needs to be banned. I think more "quittings" would be greatly appreciated though. :D

Honestly I'm just indirectly asking for an account deletion. I know I'm not wanted here, but it doesn't matter because this is just so amusing, how mistakes are never learned from here.

And Ryan, thank you very much for bringign that up. Honestly, we don't disagree with the Gs.c ideal. Why else would we have joined it in the first place? We disagree with how it is now run. That's why we decide to leave in the first place. What just so happens is that somehow Dave finds someway to link Jun0 into this, and bring all this shit back.

threads going somewhere but not sure where because everyones point has been repeated so many times

threads going somewhere but not sure where because everyones point has been repeated so many times

woah i swear i said that just once o.o;;

everyone should just (russell peters) "Take it and go"

woah i swear i said that just once o.o;;

lolwut?

To many of the new breed care to much about the fame and cock sucking attention you get from glowsticking t a club or rave.

Thank you Mr cleric. point well made.