Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phenomenon

I got asked to battle at T.A.O last night

25 posts in this topic

Me and cheeks were on the Saturday Night Sessions dance floor and I cracked some ultras and did my thing like I had been most of the night. I got a small crowd going on around me, then once that was done I stopped to go over to cheeks and hug her. Then I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around and see this guy, and right away I spot a pair of handles hanging over his shoulder and he tells me, "hey man your really good how about we battle?" I reply "nah man battling is not what we stringers are about" he goes "c'mon just a quick battle" again I refuse and go "stringers don't battle" so at this point I'm like alright hes got the message. Then he goes "how about me and you crack some sticks and see who can get a bigger crowd going?" I go "no man" and walk away.

Did I handle that well?

I wanted to edumacate him a little more but I figured he was rolling and would of just forgot it anyway.

Me and cheeks were on the Saturday Night Sessions dance floor and I cracked some ultras and did my thing like I had been most of the night. I got a small crowd going on around me, then once that was done I stopped to go over to cheeks and hug her. Then I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around and see this guy, and right away I spot a pair of handles hanging over his shoulder and he tells me, "hey man your really good how about we battle?" I reply "nah man battling is not what we stringers are about" he goes "c'mon just a quick battle" again I refuse and go "stringers don't battle" so at this point I'm like alright hes got the message. Then he goes "how about me and you crack some sticks and see who can get a bigger crowd going?" I go "no man" and walk away.

Did I handle that well?

I wanted to edumacate him a little more but I figured he was rolling and would of just forgot it anyway.

i say you did. yeah you could of explained why stringers dont battle. but still you got your point across.

Well, IMHO, you stood by your beliefs, and stood your ground :)

that's my 2 cents.

man, at first, i thought he was just using the battle incorrectly, but then when he actually spelled it out by saying "which one of us can get a larger crowd". holy crap, that guy is an insecure fella eh?

I don't think you handled it well, you were using a regular set-up ;) (sorry, really bad joke)

But yes, you did the right thing, depending on his state, a bit about the culture etc could have been ok.

Cheers

Nicely done, dude =)

What is it up with all these battlers who use handles? Givin' the handle stringers a bad rep xD

I think you did great. Instead of feeding the troll, you walked away. Its good to see people stand up against battlers, both online and on the dance floor.

honestly it sounds like you ran into Nocturnal-Pinoy.

He's the only kid i know out there insecure enough to frequent SoCal events who uses handles and constantly tries to show off/challenge people; unless he somehow has found followers and has multiplied in numbers;

Nonetheless you "handled" (get it?) it very well =3

Nicely done, dude =)

What is it up with all these battlers who use handles? Givin' the handle stringers a bad rep xD

Agreed. It happens here in colorado too.

"Seriously guys;... 'da fuuck?"

Well played :3 XDD

He's the only kid i know out there insecure enough to frequent SoCal events who uses handles and constantly tries to show off/challenge people; unless he somehow has found followers and has multiplied in numbers;

+1

I was going to say the same thing.

haha, i would had done something so dick to him, but yeah.. you kept your cool mate. much respect!

also, he though since he had handles he would blow everyone's mind with the double lighting, lol. some people.. just need to feel better than everyone!

haha, i would had done something so dick to him

I was tempted to tho, as I talked to him towards the end I wanted to be like yea! then have him crack his sticks, then walk away >:P

Haha, has anyone on GS.C done that before?

Just say "Yeah, let's battle - you're on first, dude", wait for him to crack his sticks, and then just say, "Nah, I changed my mind" and walk away and make him waste a pair of ultras LOL

+2

Yup, it sounds like the classic case of running into Nocturnal-Pinoy. He was always an attention-whore (met him at least 5 times at the socal massives).

Over all, you handled it nicely.

Haha, has anyone on GS.C done that before?

Just say "Yeah, let's battle - you're on first, dude", wait for him to crack his sticks, and then just say, "Nah, I changed my mind" and walk away and make him waste a pair of ultras LOL

that is one epic idea.

first off...odd that i didnt see you at tao

or maybe i did? it wouldve been cool to meet more gsc members as always

i saw calmoner and a few other gsc members

anyways, yeah i think my group of people ran into this guy too kinda, we had our circle going and then he kinda jumped in by himself

at that point everyone was too tired to even pay attention to glowsticking anyways

first off...odd that i didnt see you at tao

I had slow fade rainbow inova sticks, military shirt and a cadet cap lol idk if that helps :P

lol, i think i did see you then XD

i was too busy with other stuff this time to chitchat with other people like i usually do

I saw a white guy with orange pants and a white top that was stringing... was this anyone? XD

Agreed. It happens here in colorado too.

"Seriously guys;... 'da fuuck?"

Yeah. I too have gotten asked multiple times to battle at some venues in Colorado. It's really annoying. I guess it just goes to show that not all respect the art form..

The correct response would have been to pull out your Pokeballs.

I mean, he made eye contact, right? It's not like you have a choice not to battle him.

lol @ battling. Well done and good job not wasting your breath trying to teach him GS.C culture in a rave, its usually lost over the music. Secondly I would like to say to those who actually care about getting a crowd going, its about your energy and mood and how you project them to other people. If you look like you're having fun your moving around and sure doin a few tricky things with glowsticks people will come and watch and cheer, not because you're good or bad or w/e but because they identify with your mood and feelings that you're expressing through the artform of dance. They disperse when the feeling does (like you mess up a trick and get caught up on it or get tangled to hell, the crowd will thin). So really battling doesnt establish any kind of skill level with your dancing props its more a contest of whose a better performer, and truly that doesnt matter because no one there besides the DJ's should consider themselves performers at raves, we are all patrons. In any case and I know that had nooooo relevancy; Great Job. It was done right