Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hybralisk

A poetic salutations to you!

2 posts in this topic

Well, I'm not quite sure how one would classify these little "poems" of mine... but here's a go at sharing them with a like minded group of people I call my peers. :)

(All intended to be shared material is on the following link at deviantart. If the link is not appropriate please inform me and I shall post some on here!)

http://hybralisk.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'm looking for any kind of feedback. At some point, I was hoping to turn some of them into song lyrics and create something more then simple mind blurbs. Please share your thoughts! ^_^

Oh and as for why I've wrote these... Well it's a form of stress relief for me. I've been inspired recently to write what's come to mind... I have no background or history of creative writing. I guess this is my first attempt at anything like it and I'm fond of how they've come out so far.

I'm a 26 year old only child of considerably older parents. My father is turning 73 and my mother is in her mid 60s. I grew up in the countryside with very few friends. I was home schooled from about half way through 6th grade and haven't fared well in college so far. I've spent a lot of time alone over the years. While alone I've had what I guess you would call inspirational "songs" come to me while I was playing with legos / toys when I was younger. As my adolescence came 'round, I had experiences with love and loss, quite dramatic to me, and it left it's mark on my mind. I have a great deal of pent up emotion and had very little in the way of expressing it in a creative way. Dancing and glowsticking has been a start, and now that my body feels more free, my mind has followed and I felt like sharing!

It is my hope that you can sift through some of it and be entertained. :)