Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DACRepair

LED sticks

155 posts in this topic

you could but you need to some wireing that comes out of the photon

This thread made me think... do you think you could mod a photon II so that it could have two LEDS sticking out of it? Maybe you could cut a whole on the bottom of the case so such that an LED would fit snuggle in, then design a glowstick casing for the photon to go in the middle. Thay wat you could do mult0colour or even just double brightness. One problem would be mojo though... i dont know how it would work

well did you notice Sparrows modle? it has one photon and 3 bulbs. so yeah. the middle thing wouldnt really work. sparrows idea is much better for that. and if you want to do it while being balanced u just cut in two places for photons, one on top, one on bottom. have them both face the same direction. and bam

i dont know when but ill show my led sticks being ued with rav'n lights

i was wondering how much of your led stick have you completed ? im talking to the person who made this thread

huh O.o uhh i was kinda asking the person who started ^^;;

he wasnt asking how many LEDs are gonna be in the stick...

he was asking how much of the LEDstick hes making has been completed.

He hasn't started yet. I'd attribute that to a few reasons:

1) He's been alot more into staff/baton spinning lately, and I've been doing much more poi stuff (sock and fire).

2) Money, etc.

I, however am still planning on making a set of 50-60k mcd white led sticks. I'm looking forward to melvenorc12 making the tutorial on how to make them :P

He hasn't started yet. I'd attribute that to a few reasons:

1) He's been alot more into staff/baton spinning lately, and I've been doing much more poi stuff (sock and fire).

2) Money, etc.

I, however am still planning on making a set of 50-60k mcd white led sticks. I'm looking forward to melvenorc12 making the tutorial on how to make them :P

lol... yeah... I guess, you should have a in handy: a solder kit, resistors, a couple of CR-2032 lithium batteries, electrical tape, led bulbs w/ powerful mcd levels w/ short angles, dead glowsticks, a razorblade and a plastic clip to seperate the batteries from the resistors (alt. way is a power button which you can possible place it at the very bottom of the ledstick casing)...

I've got all of that :D

My "electronics lab" (my workbench/area in the basement) rocks... Oscilloscope, Sweep/Function generator, various frequency counters, meters, etc, 2 big shelving units of components (labeled and sorted into drawers by partnumber/type), circuit board chemicals, and soon to come, a larger workbench and old computer for microcontroller programming :P

All I need is the bright LEDs, and I'm set :P

yeah im not even sure if the tutorial is coming, i keep thinking of new ideas for LED sticks

lol you mean thoes sticks that were cut at the meet up a few days ago lol or wait.... that was your old set haha but they were still cool even tho you needed like 2 of thoes scotch tape just for a set lol

I'm making a pair with 26hr battery life, but the totall cost for a pair comes out to like 60$ I'm going to make myself a pair, but would anyone else pay that much for LED stix?

it depends, battery life and brightness arent the only things.

durability is a huge ass factor, than theres weight, balance, strong tip, and more.

balance is only for freehanders tho right ???O.o???? haha well i kinda need to buy some leds and batteries so i can mess arround a lilbit i could maby jack some of my dads tools and make some but JUST FOR MYSELF and maby friends THAT I CAN MEET i dont like shipping stuff... well yea when i get that stuff ill post somehting about that haha

it depends, battery life and brightness arent the only things.

durability is a huge ass factor, than theres weight, balance, strong tip, and more.

Well right now the casing is nylon, the tip is way stronger than a chem stick, and I have yet to see if I can balence it...

remember it should be close to the same weight as a normal glowstick

Your leds look cool man.

Hey guys sorry to change the subject but when I was at Ultra this year I used this one dudes LED sticks and they had a "flicker" mode as well as a solid trail option. Anyone know anything about this?

Your leds look cool man.

Hey guys sorry to change the subject but when I was at Ultra this year I used this one dudes LED sticks and they had a "flicker" mode as well as a solid trail option. Anyone know anything about this?

were they made from glowsticks like was the leds inside a glowsticks or was it like a tube with leds inside

sup ppls, i have been on like extended AFK, so yeah, i have been looking for new parts but i am a lil short on $$$ now since my job is seasonal

I have done a few tests and i am having d0nk` help me write software

Hmm... since I'm leaning more toward poi these days, It might be easier to make ultra-bright poi balls...

But I'd still want LED glowsticks because wraps are great with sticks

FINALLY

got some money to start working on the project :damn time too :P

SO more real updates soon and sorry that i stopped posting, i have been extremely busy lately

UPDATE, LED's Ordered, since i put em in first clas mail, thy will be here in about a week or so, i also ordered a ISCP programmer for the microcontrollers (even tho its a REALLY simple circuit, all of my programmers that i build seem to hate me and never work)

I am going to put in the order for the MCU's so i'll be getting those soon too

ALSO: i have a blog @ Gnarkill.myftp.org

its the poi group that me and d0nk are in, i'll post my pics there as well as a projects page for this

UPDATE, LED's Ordered, since i put em in first clas mail, thy will be here in about a week or so, i also ordered a ISCP programmer for the microcontrollers (even tho its a REALLY simple circuit, all of my programmers that i build seem to hate me and never work)

is a 10mm led possible to use instead of a 5mm since its gonna be super custom made?