Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DACRepair

LED sticks

155 posts in this topic

email them and ask to get them at a smaller quantity. i think that might work

already did that. Guy said that he would lose money on production or something if he didnt sell a certain amount. I didnt quite understand his reasoning but whatever.

ah man that sucks. yeah after i bought like 500 bulbs from lights of victory, he was like. oh yeah... you could have messaged us and gotten it at a lower price.

its just like, how the hell aam i supposed to know that?lol

btw heres that vid for those who didnt see >.>

CR2032's and LEDs

nice vid melve. I heard from kararaver that higher brightness could be acheived with cr2016's, but i dont know.

Anyway, if you did buy 500 bulbs, is there any chance you could sell me some for pretty cheap? thanks.

erm i use lots of LEDs. and its not 500 of one color. i have blue, red, green, white, aqua, rainbow and yeah...

erm i use lots of LEDs. and its not 500 of one color. i have blue, red, green, white, aqua, rainbow and yeah...

no wonder I saw so many aquas... you've been hiding too much from me :P j/k... damn, I wonder how you get all that money??? I'm broke as hell already and I just quit my job like 2 months ago... lol...

lets not get into where i get my money haha.

but yeah the specs for the colors? dude watch the video lol.

and my aquas, yeah i have 100 of those bulbs. i can put more on the batteries i think lol.

anyway, no one make an LED where u put multiple bulbs on two batteries unless u have the bulbs sodered together and have resistors between each bulb sodered in.

just because i highly doubt anyone else will see that vid, here it is agian lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7tId1M9OWM

yeah, I'll be soldering on 8 bulbs for that extra weight ;) j/k... but yeah, I gotta go experiment because brian keep on making those vids :P I might just end up using 3 bulbs per sticks or something like that... but yeah, I still need to order some bulbs off ebay...

i mean like its angles and brightness in MCD and stuff...

lol

but the thing about the 2016 is that u can fit 2 inside a photon cauz they are smaller so its brighter.

yeah it says "WHITE 5MM 50,000 MCD" right on the video. jeez... but yeah its 20 degree viewing angle.

ok idk if yall get it, these are multi colored, you hit a button and with differend combos of the LED's, it makes different color

i have also redesigned the module, more updates later

yes i get it, i have multi colored LEDs too. so does wes and cmoney. rainbow LEDs. and i do not mean three different bulbs that are different color, i mean one bulb with multiple colors. we all have those.

the only problem is, the highest mcd of color changing photons i have found are 8,000. thats for red-blue. and the highest mcd for rgb was 6,000. from what ive seen at least.

Loving the titles and descriptions :P

Meh, I think I'll have ~$15 so maybe I can order some LEDs this weekend. I got some old blue's from my walmart LED sticks, so tomorrow during electronics/robotics class I'll make up a "test stick" using 2 blue LEDs. I'm guessing they're only around 2500mcd, so hence the "test". If all goes well, I'll place the order for the 50k's on friday or saturday.

yeah and dont get the Blue 13,000 mcd. becasue they now have 17,000 mcd.

and if your gonna get color changers, i suggest getting red-blue ones, becasue those are 8,000 mcd. a bit brighter than th r-g-b.

Ive never actually tried mutli-colour sticks. If i had the resources i would probably experiment with all kinds of colour combinations, but alas, i have spent all my money on firepoi and cannot afford and LEDs.

This thread made me think... do you think you could mod a photon II so that it could have two LEDS sticking out of it? Maybe you could cut a whole on the bottom of the case so such that an LED would fit snuggle in, then design a glowstick casing for the photon to go in the middle. Thay wat you could do mult0colour or even just double brightness. One problem would be mojo though... i dont know how it would work