Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DACRepair

LED sticks

155 posts in this topic

okay, lets see, i think someones making a ledstick thats brighter than an ultra. who will it be?

ooooo i want to see that haha

btw sparrow is it good for freehand or is it only for stringing?

ledstick being brighter than a ultra? I don't know if that's possible... even w/ 3 bulbs, it's bright but it won't contain that super bright solid color of an ultra...

i have been looking at new LED's now and i see a few that are brighter, i'll be looking into them

when are you going to sart on your led stick DACRepair?

Man I'm in electronics to, that seems like alot to cram in the stick and still have room for lights... accelerometer, why not a gyro chip?

It could change colours based on angle!

For now DAC and I are just going to make a "simpler" model that has no accelerometer, but has 2-3 RGB LEDs that are driven by a microcontroller. There will be a button to cycle through 'modes' (solid colors, mixes of colors, maybe fades/blinks) that would be stored on the micro's eeprom.

well with three 60,000 mcd whites, it actually looks a lot brighter than high intensity whites. or 50,000 mcd whites which is what i use.

dont do blink >< it looks weard.. when you string keep it at a stream

lol yup it is, i always put too much i think, cuz im doing it just to make sure nothing flies out. i dunno if u actually need that much.

everyone look up two posts to see the video^^^

nice demo... I'll be awaiting your tutorial vid :P... and if I ever decide to start experimenting again, I guess I'll be using your idea :P

Who makes your 50/60k LEDs? I want a set of whites for myself :P

Nice sticks to both melve and freak. I still use Wes's V2 style, but i think i need to switch mojos.

I've always wanted to learn electrical stuff with circuits, but its not my forte.

Who makes your 50/60k LEDs? I want a set of whites for myself :P

well i get my LED bulbs from ebay. thats where pretty much everyone does. i beleive i ordered the 50 k whites off of lights of victory from ebay. more specs on them is, 5mm 50,000 mcd 20+or-5 degree viewing angle. and yeah.

when i search to buy LEDs off of ebay, i type in "LED bulbs (whatever size)mm (whatever mcd)mcd (color)"

an example is "LED bulbs 5mm 50,000mcd white"

it doesnt matter what order. actually for me sometimes tthat works sometimes it doesnt lol.

lights of victory is realiable for me. always sent the right amount, prongs were never bent or anything.

so anyway.

Lights of Victory ebay store

Best Hong Kong ebay store

Spectrum LED store

and yeah theres a lot more

Ah thanks. I'll be ordering some for myself, and probably DAC will get some ultra RGBs at the same time (same order, most likely).

By the way, for anyone wondering what/how RGB led's work:

RGB - Red Green Blue. There is a pin for each color, plus a common (negative). To create different brightnesses, you pulse the pin with a pwm signal (pulse width modulation). Depending on how you mix the brightnesses and colors, you can create different colors. Pretty cool if you can code, and understand electronics :)

ebay is a magical place. I sold my virginity on there for $50.

It sucks that you can only buy those LEDs in packs of 50 though. I only want like, 2, but no one sells them in that quantity.

Yeah. Maybe someone here who has 50-100 could sell you them individually or something. It would be cheap to just stick them in an envelope with some padding and mail them or something.

If I had any (and a surplus) I'd do it.

when i get my leds prey (not sure when) i give you some (dont know how lol) because im getting 50 50,000mcd whites

It sucks that you can only buy those LEDs in packs of 50 though. I only want like, 2, but no one sells them in that quantity.

yeah, I bought your virginity... it was item number 19234832148048148324 or something ;) it didn't taste so good though... maybe next time...

but yeah, I would be up for buying individuals as well rather than a bundle of surplus...

email them and ask to get them at a smaller quantity. i think that might work