Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DACRepair

LED sticks

155 posts in this topic

good luck and keep on working w/ your design... I can't wait to see how it turns out...

what size are these bulbs? wats the mcd and viewing angle? wat r u gonna diffuse it with?

they are standerd 5mm LED's but they are called RGB led's

they have 4 pins

Ground

Vcc(Red)

Vcc(Green)

Vcc(Blue)

and i am going to use a dremel to diffuse the inside of the tube

i am waiting for my buddie ryan (d0nk) to order parts to do our proto but i cant do it just yet, i made a few mistakes on the board (currently i am putting in toomuch voltage on the LED's) so i gotta fix that first and i am removing the accelerometer for now.

well, im too dumb to get anythin... but this concept does sound very nice, if it comes out like u said it would, ill definitly be the first group of ppl to buy it =P

they are standerd 5mm LED's but they are called RGB led's

they have 4 pins

Ground

Vcc(Red)

Vcc(Green)

Vcc(Blue)

and i am going to use a dremel to diffuse the inside of the tube

i am waiting for my buddie ryan (d0nk) to order parts to do our proto but i cant do it just yet, i made a few mistakes on the board (currently i am putting in toomuch voltage on the LED's) so i gotta fix that first and i am removing the accelerometer for now.

whoa whoa if those are 5mm LEDs, r u really sure thats gonna fit in a glowstick? if it is thats a frikin tight fit.

plus MCD? viewing angle?

if its the RGB's u got off ebay or best of hongkong, than theyr probably 6,000 mcd's 20 degree viewing angle right?

Edit: ok now im sure, if ur still using the same design and those ARE 5mm LED bulbs. that is not gonna fit inside a glowstick. theres less than half an inch of space inside a stick.

good luck w/ the production... I'm not sure how you're gonna fit all of that stuff in the glowstick case...

one word: HOPE

those will fit, they are not that big, i am looking at my old LED sticks and i can fit them in there, btw if ur interested, here is a link to them http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_i...products_id=105

they are nice and bright too! plus there will be 3 of them in there

btw u can get ahold of me for further questions at DACRepair(at)Gmail.com or on AIM as DACRepair2

OOR on msn at DACRepair@hotmail.com OOOOOOR on IRC on irc.gg-center.net #team862

there is a ebay store that sells thoes in bulk dont know if their the same tho

Red > 3000mcd

Green > 5500mcd

Blue > 5500mcd

hmmm... the bulbs don't seem that bright... I mean their bright, but now a days, LEDs are much brighter...

oh 3 LEDs, in the pic at first it looks like there gonna be like 30 lol. plus ur old LED stick? is it a 6 inch glowstick casing? or is it some different type of plastic?

wow if you were to make them brighter that would be cool

btw will they be flashing different colors or will they have a setting and if there is a setting will you be able to make each of the leds a different color?

Search on ebay and you can find all those colors with MCDs at least 3 times as bright.

just to clarify those LED sticks lol. those have three 60,000 mcd white bulbs in each LED stick.

the max for those leds is 4500, 7000, and 7000 at 40-50 degree viewing angle each! Experience tells me that is good enough for solid looking light. I have less than 8,000 mcd aquas at 30 degrees that look really good. Besides, anything over 10,000 mcd has slight differences.

Umm what? I made my own pair to! :biggrin2:IPB Image

not with THREE leds in each

extend the legs of the first LED with some copper wire and link it down to two more LEDs all facing the same way, then wire it back up to the other side of the battery where the switch is. replace the two flat batteries with 2032's. so instead of the photon turning on one LED it turns on three. :biggrin2:

hehe. yeah i kinda figured out ur idea sparrow, the one where u swing and they turn on =].

yeah i made my own 3 white 50 k LED sticks. I was gonna make it 4 white 50 k LED sticks, but than i decided not to becuase it ways it down too much. i actually still use 2016 tho lol. so thats why its weight is like bleh. but its cool none the less. i used it at the oakland meetup and eveyrone love them :biggrin2:

but hey theyr still LEDs so yeah..

cody common make another post saying how shitty LEDs are lol.

my karmaraver LEDs have 4 40K whites in each of them. They're definitely brighter than high intensities and i would say they rival even orange ultras :sick:

i remember you ledsticks they were nice i didnt use them tho haha

im going to make led sticks w/ photons and i was wondering what size is the led in the photon haha

hehe. yeah i kinda figured out ur idea sparrow, the one where u swing and they turn on =].

yeah i made my own 3 white 50 k LED sticks. I was gonna make it 4 white 50 k LED sticks, but than i decided not to becuase it ways it down too much. i actually still use 2016 tho lol. so thats why its weight is like bleh. but its cool none the less. i used it at the oakland meetup and eveyrone love them :biggrin2:

but hey theyr still LEDs so yeah..

cody common make another post saying how shitty LEDs are lol.

hmmm... you've been hiding this from me :( *time to create a monster led stick :P*