Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phenomenon

Contemplating new car

15 posts in this topic

Well I've been working my assss off to finally buy me my first car.

I worked it out and I should have the money for a car by mid January.

My range of price is between 1000 and 1500 bucks.

I was thinking of a 91-94 chevy trailblazer.

No trucks. I don't have anything against them I love the Toyota Hilux and Tundra and others but those are my top picks :P but I can't have one at the moment.

I've heard of maybe going for a 91-92 jetta, I can buy a 88 camaro, 91-92 hondas.

Any suggestions you guys?

dang, you don't have much to work with, but I would go after a honda....they are reliable and comfortable, get good gas mileage and are affordable to maintain as well as insure......a honda will go for 300,000 miles, easy

a honda will go for 300,000 miles, easy

I know my resources are very limited =//

Thats what I was thinking also, I know a Honda will run foreverr.

I'd prefer not to have a V4 tho >.<

I'm not sure how far they've fallen... but look into the Pontiac Aztek. Ugliest car ever, but also extremely cheap compared to what you get otherwise, for the price.

I know my resources are very limited =//

Thats what I was thinking also, I know a Honda will run foreverr.

I'd prefer not to have a V4 tho >.<

they don't have a "V-4" they are inline 4's.....

jus sayin......

they don't have a "V-4" they are inline 4's.....

jus sayin......

+1 to that, if u have the money and u can find a cheap jetta wulfsburg edition, its worth it.

tho honestly dont by a honda civic, my hate grows on those cars every day i seen one thats not a hatch.

+1 to that, if u have the money and u can find a cheap jetta wulfsburg edition, its worth it.

tho honestly dont by a honda civic, my hate grows on those cars every day i seen one thats not a hatch.

vw's are great cars, but the cost of ownership compared to a civic is huge....with his limited resources, I would say go with a lil hatch civic, like a 96 or 95......and go from there

vw's are great cars, but the cost of ownership compared to a civic is huge....with his limited resources, I would say go with a lil hatch civic, like a 96 or 95......and go from there

i concur.

I owned a vw and let me tell you. They are not the easiest thing to maintain. I would also suggest a Honda civic with everyone else

umm yea fuck that dude. I have a cabriolet wolfsberg or whatever the shit it is. UGHHHHH

I I had the money to buy a bomb, I would blow it to hell.

do-not-want-enema.jpg

DO NOT WANT

I've owned a jetta and there were always things to repair....I now own a Honda, I've never had a problem, I love it.

this.............

I owned a vw and let me tell you. They are not the easiest thing to maintain. I would also suggest a Honda civic with everyone else

The last 3 cars my mother had were VW's and she never had problems with them (they were relatively new cars though).

Cheers