Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cynicdave

Feb 20th: Official Homebase Glowshop #1 Los Angeles, OC, San Diego, Fresno

287 posts in this topic

Update: We have selected Feb 20th as the date. Location is downtown: 511 Molino St, Los Angeles, California 90013... After the workshop we will go to an Insomniac party at Hollywood Palladium featuring infected mushroom and ATB

When: Feb 20th, 2010. 1 - 8:00 PM

Where: 511 Molino St, Los Angeles, California 90013

Description:

This is the official Glowshop planning thread for Socal, the home base and the founding area of glowsticking.com.

This glowshop will have tutorial sessions for ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS in addition to the regular sessions and dancing. Things which will be taught is begining/intermediate freehanding, glowstringing, and modern urban dances like popping, tutting, waving, and even step based dancing like melbourne shuffling.

Will be going:

- Cynicdave - Both workshop and party

- zin +1 - BOTH! I've already got the day off!

- Anderson +1 - Both

- Sightless +1 - Both

- Electric Moon - Both

- Lament - Workshop Only

- melvenorc12 - Both

- d86 - Workshop Yes; Party Maybe.

- madraverrai - Both

- stompqueen - Both

- Demo - Both

- Jamerson - Both

- SomeRaver420 - Both (?)

- Doheny + 1 - Both (?)

- hdotd - Workshop Yes; Party (?)

- Guinto - Both (?)

- en814 - Both (?)

Maybe going:

Lamerz List:

- Azzie

NEEDING RIDE LIST (Please state where):

ABLE TO PROVIDE RIDE LIST (Please state from where):

thats good news finding a studio. Glowshop on the west coast would be bomb. hopefully norcal members and other states could make it.

This is relevant to my interests. I'm soooo down. $5 sounds great. :D

Sounds awesome. I definitely approve.

Every studio I've looked at charges by the hour and attendance is irrelevent as long as we're under that maximum amount of people allowed for the particular studio. How would you know the exact number of people that are going to show up in advance? Do they have an hourly rate too?

I can honestly say that I haven't seen enough meetups on the west coast that focus on teaching for a few years now. Most of them are geared towards socialization or as a "meet and greet" of sorts for us all to show each other what we've been working on. Lots of "pre-meets" as well.

I wanna live in LA :(

IM GONNAA FIRST YA HEAR!!!@@

But seriously I love LA. We have a vacation house in Palm Springs and every year I head over to LA for a bit. Love it!

We should do it. I mean I dont really like where it is, but I'm a pastie white person so... yeah

It's a dance studio in the arts district. we can have it during the day if you guys are scared ;) downtown is way too empty too be dangerous, forreals

Sundays would be cool for me, I usually have to work Saturdays from 3P.M. to 2A.M.. I might be able to get Saturdays off, but probably once in a while.

Sounds awesome. I wanna go, but whether I can or not depends on more specific info :P

By what I've seen from the NY glowshops, it sounds like a lot of fun :D

i would be down to go

it would be awesome meeting some of you and learning a thing or two

that is, if i am welcomed lol :welcome:

Of course you'll welcome, bro. Hope this thing goes off without a hitch. :D