Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genecrazy

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. PC version

6 posts in this topic

http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern-warfa...unity#c16097190

If you follow gaming news, then many of you know that the PC version of MW2 wont have dedicated servers, will be replaced with a matchmaking system, downgrading the PC experience similar to the consoles (360/PS3)

This is seriously bad news as dedicated servers are much more reliable and better compared to matchmaking.

This announcement has caused an uproar among the PC gaming community, and a lot of people are freaking out. There was a petition for wanting dedicated servers in MW2, and 100,000 people have already signed within a couple days, and a large amount of people have cancelled their pre-orders for MW2, and will be switching over to Bad Company 2, or some other game.

If you're a console-only gamer, then you guys probably do not understand why PC gamers are so upset about this, and what we're losing as a community.

For most of us, its not really just about the game, but we're also afraid that it might cause a trend in the future of PC gaming. Infinity Ward is one of the most popular development game companies in the world, and if they start this, then other devs might take this idea and put it in future titles.

Anyways, for those of you that care, or have read about this, what are your thoughts?

are you serious. Its like we're degenerating into console gaming. How will i Pwn n00bs and Pro's if I get placed

"You're completely reliant on IWNet and there is no dedicated server or server list. You rely on IW Net for matchmaking and your games, but you still have your private matches."

retarded, imo. How are we going to find clans if we can only play people our rank.

are you serious. Its like we're degenerating into console gaming. How will i Pwn n00bs and Pro's if I get placed

retarded, imo. How are we going to find clans if we can only play people our rank.

yeah man. Its like IW is moving backwards, consolizing the PC gaming experience.

They say they want to reshape and change the community, but it seems like they are going to be killing it.

Dedicated servers is what brings the community together. I like going to my favorite servers, and playing with the regulars that go there. And i like choosing specific servers that play specific maps, and have certain rules. And dedicated servers help decrease lag. And on top of that, theres the custom maps and mods. There is just so much more that dedicated servers offer to gamers, and removing this feature is such a bad move.

I've had my experience with match making on consoles, and they are easily accessible for people. By just clicking, "find game" or whatever. But there definitely cannot be a community formed this way, and IW seems to have become blinded by the rising industry of console gaming that they think this is the best way.

I just dont see why they have to completely remove dedicated servers. Why cant they have both?

maybe they saw how l4d, had something of a strange community. But, with steam you can join your friends games. This is just gonna be a bunch of people you'll play maybe once or twice ever. Consoles should be more like us. I have a list of favorite dedicated servers, and i like to play on that list of servers. Its not the spectacular maps, its the spectacular people :(

maybe they saw how l4d, had something of a strange community. But, with steam you can join your friends games. This is just gonna be a bunch of people you'll play maybe once or twice ever. Consoles should be more like us. I have a list of favorite dedicated servers, and i like to play on that list of servers. Its not the spectacular maps, its the spectacular people :(

but L4D had dedicated servers at the same time. So there were clan servers that u can directly connect to by typing in the "connect ipaddress" in the console, and public servers if you open up the server browser.

steam also knows what the hell they're doing too

i think they're gonna royally screw up the online mode, and i know alot of people who aren't going to buy it just because what they're doing to the online mode