Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzume

sparrow practice session

46 posts in this topic

Can someone point me in the direction of how to do that move at around 2:45? I really need to figure it out.

Also, the manipulations around 4:00 were incredible.

Sparrow, this was very awesome, very inspirational. I loved it.

:)

*Mindblown*

Wait...is that a one handed atomic weave starting at 2:20? o.O

haha, those are split-time supermans we called them "bizarro's" in Dallas =P

Can someone point me in the direction of how to do that move at around 2:45? I really need to figure it out.

Also, the manipulations around 4:00 were incredible.

at 2:45 it's a hand-spiral (also called "flights")

*flights = birdies to some, but IMO anything bouncing in that short repetitive manner should constitute a "flight/birdie*

But what you do is catch the sticks like you're going to throw a catch-link (but strings aren't crossed) and you move your hands in the motion of a spiral, and once they meet at the center, let the sticks bounce back and forth like hand-wraps, takes a little practice but alot of fun (i also antispun it in the video)

as for the manipulation at 4:00-4:50

Those are bowtie-lockouts, also called "bushido" (Tx names lol)

and when we were living in kentucky during the hurricane Ike power outage from last year we spent nearly two weeks in a basement doing nothing but trying to innovate ourselves, and that's what we came up with =D

Really glad you guys are digging the video, Once i get the chance I'm gonna shoot a solo for '09, but I've been slacking for two months and haven't practiced as much as i should be =T

I'm having a little trouble getting it but thanks so much :)

And yea, those bowtie manipulations are still absolutely amazing, I loved it.

and those come ouuuuttt....when exactly?

patience kid haha :biggrin2:

check out the last page of the tutorial section, you'll see that bowties are WAY down on the list, and i'm going from first to last :rollwink:

Is it illegal to marry your supermans?

I damn near crapped myself when I saw you do the walking bowties at Q2. That is seriously some insane moves Aaron. Its definatly some inspiration to everyone, and I you guys like crazy!

thanks guys =D

Honestly i should have new footage to post, Misty and I got to visit everyone back in Dallas, but because we've had no room nor place to practice since we moved away i was incredibly "out of shape" when we started filming =(

Maybe i will be able to put up something new once I'm done with the tutorials, I have been putting those off for too long now to let them get put on the back-burner again for a video that wouldn't be up to my personal standards;

so Onward, Tutorials Ho!

thanks guys =D

Honestly i should have new footage to post, Misty and I got to visit everyone back in Dallas, but because we've had no room nor place to practice since we moved away i was incredibly "out of shape" when we started filming =(

Maybe i will be able to put up something new once I'm done with the tutorials, I have been putting those off for too long now to let them get put on the back-burner again for a video that wouldn't be up to my personal standards;

so Onward, Tutorials Ho!

WHHHHHAAATTT!!!! When did you go back. Crap i moved at the wrong time i miss the hell outta you guys. Misty said it wasnt gunna be tell feb:(

WHHHHHAAATTT!!!! When did you go back. Crap i moved at the wrong time i miss the hell outta you guys. Misty said it wasnt gunna be tell feb:(

well we are gonna try and visit sometime in Spring, but Misty is flying back down to Austin at some point to visit family, and she plans on hanging out with you and Brian, but we will for sure keep you updated hunter =D

well we are gonna try and visit sometime in Spring, but Misty is flying back down to Austin at some point to visit family, and she plans on hanging out with you and Brian, but we will for sure keep you updated hunter =D

Ok sweet. When is she going to austin???

Its only like 2 hours away from here.

Wow... that manip at 3:55 was ridiculous. Took forever to get there but it looked real crazy.

Nice vid, real creative. And that 4am sloppiness thing.... I think you're not alone. =)

sparrow i love you dude, i finally got the supermans, cant wait until you release those new videos