Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ph0toN

Free Hosting For Your Videos

11 posts in this topic

As brought up in this thread, the videos posted on gs.c have been increasingly placed on streaming media sites such as youtube. Read that thread for all the good reasons, but a lot of us feel that it would be a lot better if the videos were actually available for download instead of being streamed off-site to the mass public. So here it is, simple and straight, if you have web space and are willing to host gs.c member videos, please advertise it here.

Here's a list of places you can get free hosting from:

• Megaupload

• Rapidshare

• Zshare

• Hostrator

Same here.

I got 100 gigs of space to give out.

If you wanna submit a video i'll help you get the video to the point where it will be able to pass media center guidlines. Just pm me, or email me the video and what you need help with at Drsnot@gmail.com

If anyone wants to donate fundage for the hosting just send it over to drsnot@gmail.com through paypal.

On my server, I don't care what the video size is. If it's going to be submitted to the media center here on gs.c, you need to follow the guidelines for that, but otherwise, if it's a practice video or anything else, size matters not. I'll give you space as you need it. (I'll be giving you an ftp account, and you'll need an ftp client to upload.)

Same as with Cleric, I'll be taking donations through paypal username InfusedEMP@cableone.net I'll stop accepting donations until I have to renew my server if I get the $100 I spent on it back.

Hosting is really inefficient cost wise at speeds under Bonded T-1/DS3. For instance, you can get 250gb/mo hosting for under $10, wheras $35/mo dsl I have up's 180gb/mo, considering I never use my computer (or bandwidth for that matter). Just use rapidshare.com; files up to 100mb, and they last 45 days without membership, indefinitely with membership. I'm a member, and I won't mind putting stuff up for people INDEFINITELY. PM if interested.

EDIT- Files over 100mb can be stored if you winrar it down into smaller .rar files. And yes, the videos retain full quality by doing so.

I realized I never updated this after my server went down. I just updated the main post with a list of places you can get free hosting from.

i'd rather have more videos on streaming sites, as much as possible. a download is even LESS control than a streaming site.

a streaming site offers natural opportunities for link-building. as long as they are tagged "glowsticking.com" they offer an easy way to see how many people are viewing.

if you are concerned about the entire thing being offered for download, then split the video up with a part 1 and a part 2 with the entire version being available for download, and a little message on "part 1" telling the user to go to glowsticking.com to download the rest

Understood. That's actually a really good idea you've got there about splitting vids into parts, it'd give people more of a reason to visit the site.