Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xCxStylex

Anyone here 25++ and still rave?

26 posts in this topic

I've been to a couple raves sober these past couple of years and notice the disgusting things people do, and I wonder to myself if I'm just too old for this, if the southern california rave scene isn't what I first knew (people loved the music and not the drugs), or perhaps I was just blind and oblivious all along....

I've been a hardcore trance lover since 99, went to my first rave in 2000. I'm 29.

When is too old to be raving? Rolling?

We have quite a few people who party and are close to the age 29. The thing is, everyone doing those dirty things normally aren't into the scene for it's true beauty. These are the same people who will end up leaving the scene after the "fad/trend" dies.

I've always been in love with the rave scene and I don't see me leaving it for quite a while. I can see myself cutting down, but to leave it permanently is something I will not do. I enjoy the music, I enjoy to dance, I enjoy the scene (minus the disgusting miscreants). The music is what got me into the scene, the music is what will keep me.

As for the rolling aspect, I believe if you can handle it responsibly and not be taking up my dance floor space, I won't mind. I tend to ignore the e-oceans/puddles/rivers anyway and make the party what it's worth.

In my opinion, these disgusting things have happened since I first had an interest in the rave scene, (which was roughly around 2000ish?). You probably just opened your eyes and noticed them.

Edited by zin

I agree 100% with zin. I'm 28, I've been in the scene since early 2001 and I don't see myself ever quitting it, though I've definitely cut back. It used to be a party every week, then it dropped to every month, then every few months, and now it's a couple to few times a year. There is no age limit to having a good time and enjoying yourself.

There will always be drugs in any musical environment, but if you're there for the right reasons; i.e. the music, the dancing, the environment and the socializing, it can still be a very enjoyable experience. At the moment the rave scene is on the incline / peak once again so there are a lot more of the people that are there for the wrong reasons. In a couple of years or so its bound to start declining again and you'll start to see the people who are truly dedicated to it, as many of the other ones will grow bored and leave the scene. The cycle repeats itself endlessly.

At Ultra I stood next to a shirtless gay couple rocking out in the middle of the day. Either of them were old enough to be my dad. Maybe there is a time to gracefully let these things go for the next generation. Can we really hope to rave till' we die? life doesn't stop at 30.

Edited by Dogman

I just think the scene in cali is really shitty. They should just make events 18+ and 21+ and bring back the vibe. In NY when I went to EZF everyone looked well over 21 and every had alcohol bands and there werent any prostitots or anything obscene going on like here in cali. We even saw women in their late 40s dancing like it was woodstock. Our scene here just sucks. you should NEVER be too old to go to a party. I'll be going to parties til im dead thank you very much and there's nothing you can say that will stop me. The "rave" label is over-rated. Bring back the lovely music festivals please.

Yes. I'm shitting on the Cali scene. and fuck anyone that says theres an age limit on having a good time (except if you're a prostitot. Sorry go away and get aids elsewhere don't taint my bubble).

Edited by Danika

I've been partying since Journey 98 up in Van Nuys. The scene was then, what it is now. Their was the rave act that killed the rave scene in 2002. Since then the scene has grown back to its previous size and then expanded and continues on that trajectory. You have both the good people and the bad people. In the end you come full circle and realize that its not that the scene changed, people get jaded cause they were never in the scene for the right reason. Its all about the music. Having clubbed and raved from San Diego to San Francisco and seen a bit of New York. SF is where its at. Nothing like it and its the reason I travel to Norcal every year. Its the friendliest place on Earth.

isn't got glow 50 years old or something like that? pretty old imo

26 soon to be 27 and still doing the damn thing. Been raving since 03. Seen a lot of people come and go in this scene, but managed to retain a few friends as well. Not sure when I'll quit, but I will say that if it wasn't for glowsticking I'd probably wouldn't have been it for nearly as long as I have. Yeah the Norcal scene hasn't really all been that great this year, but there's been a couple of small undergrounds I attended that kept the good times alive.

I suppose its off topic, but I agree that Nor Cal people are friendlier, ravers or not. Although my first rave was in so cal, the nor cal scene is what I saw and enjoyed more of.

Because I was born and raised in san jose, my bias shows; I also find people, both "ravers" and not, in so cal (at least orange county) more superficial and just not cool or "down."

I just think the scene in cali is really shitty. They should just make events 18+ and 21+ and bring back the vibe. In NY when I went to EZF everyone looked well over 21 and every had alcohol bands and there werent any prostitots or anything obscene going on like here in cali.

EZF was a fantastic event. I saw a guy atleast late 40s maybe early 50s or older sunday at EZF just dancing and chillin and havin a good time. I saw people with kids walkin around and being nice.

At outdoor events the hazard of cigarette burns is real, I was burned twice, and definitely burned atleast two or three people on accident, which has happened before but not without a mood killing altercation, however there was non of that. The NYC rave scene is much the same though, kids on too much or seriously unPLUR people, however there are Choice events that just work out to be incredible, like EZF and CB6 was another very plur event, (idk about cb7 didnt attent D:) they happen and theyre amazing when they do, its just picking the right events until the crowd dies down

EZF was a fantastic event. I saw a guy atleast late 40s maybe early 50s or older sunday at EZF just dancing and chillin and havin a good time. I saw people with kids walkin around and being nice.

At outdoor events the hazard of cigarette burns is real, I was burned twice, and definitely burned atleast two or three people on accident, which has happened before but not without a mood killing altercation, however there was non of that. The NYC rave scene is much the same though, kids on too much or seriously unPLUR people, however there are Choice events that just work out to be incredible, like EZF and CB6 was another very plur event, (idk about cb7 didnt attent D:) they happen and theyre amazing when they do, its just picking the right events until the crowd dies down

You were the guy in the tyedye shirt! With the poi? I think..........lol.

You are never ever too old to party. Since when is there an age limit to having a good, responsible time.

Norcal is a whole different continent from socal.

I've been to a couple raves sober these past couple of years and notice the disgusting things people do, and I wonder to myself if I'm just too old for this, if the southern california rave scene isn't what I first knew (people loved the music and not the drugs), or perhaps I was just blind and oblivious all along....

I've been a hardcore trance lover since 99, went to my first rave in 2000. I'm 29.

When is too old to be raving? Rolling?

Honestly, people who think there is a limit on something, should really just stop, in my opinion. Hesitation is unnecessary, but it still happens. I understand what you're saying about the scene changing, even though I'm still considered a noob to said scene. I've been going sober for a while now mainly because rolling has kind of lost it's luster since EVERYONE seems to do it, and subconsciously, it's kind of like my rebellion against it, I know sad right?

You're never too old to do anything, in my opinion, unless you really want to look for a reason then you'll find one and stop. Until then. continue to love what you do, and do what you love, simple as that.

Edited by Demo

Norcal is a whole different continent from socal.

And that's just the way I like it. :biggrin2:

No such thing as "too old."

Just need to find a club with more people around your age. xD

You were the guy in the tyedye shirt! With the poi? I think..........lol.

Yeah, that was meeeee. Lol nice to see a friendly face, I still consider myself young but I dont plan on stopping any time soon.

What party are you going to next?

I'll never stop enjoying the music, so I won't stop partying. I can see responsibilities at work and home preventing me from partying as often as I'd like to but I don't see myself every saying "I'm too old to party, I'll just buy the CD" there's a huge part of the music that is dead and lost on a CD, the live experience culminates and consummates the music in your soul, the CD/MP3 should be a reminder of the live experience in my opinion.

In summation. NEVAH! /HOLDS ON TIGHT

Yeah, that was meeeee. Lol nice to see a friendly face, I still consider myself young but I dont plan on stopping any time soon.

What party are you going to next?

:offtopic: but why didn't you come over to the rest of the gscers?! d=

I'll be 27 in November and I don't see myself stopping going to raves b/c of it. I love the music and the vibe so I will continue until an undetermined time. I don't think that there is a "too old". The rave scene is about Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. You meet people from all walks of life. When you're a part of the rave scene it doesn't matter. People don't judge. Everyone is there to have a good time together.

Im young, and i try not to be like the scene is nowadays. Im not unwise or immature at what goes on but im in this scene for the music the people the vibe and the art. Not all the stuff that treands people in. I liked the music and the dance way before i every tryed the drugs. So no if your still into the art and music you are never to old. BUT if your old try not to be a E-Tard :)

PluRR :) Not Plur

I was really into the scene from 19-22 ish.

Mostly because it was fairly new and I had more dance clubs around than I could shake a stick at. Also there were many dj's playing electronica where I was..not just your normal "dance club" hip hop remixes.

Then my surroundings changed, but I didn't. I was a raver without a home. I was incredibly sad to begin with, then I realized that maybe it was over. I still love the music but without a venue, I am pretty much limited to my car and/or home.

I still feel though, if I had a venue to attend, I would be right back where I was several years ago.

With music, it really is "you are as young as you feel" I think.

I have encountered people from 14 - 65 at clubs before, so I do not personally feel there is an age limit to dancing, like there is with Halloween for example. If I get dressed up and go trick or treating, someone is probably going to call the police.

But as I think about it, you may get too old to bend and move and such as the youngsters can with time, but part of the scene I had always loved was the people. From the kid (used to be me) in the middle of the crowd, sweat dripping, heart pounding and dancing for 5 hours straight all the way to the older guys chilling in the back just grooving to the beats, everyone was having fun...

...in their own way.

And to me, thats what it is all about.

My best friend is 41 and I'm just getting him into raving. =]

You're only too old when you feel too old, until then, do what you want and love what you do.

i know i probably dont qualify for the 25+ age range im 20 and have been raving and glowsticking since i was fourteen and i havnt even thought of quitting none of it gets old for me ive got an addictive personality some ppl have told me idk keep doin it if u want if u leave thats on u but ive seen a fifty something year old woman doing the three beat weave with green 12 hrs and it was the coolest thing ive seen at a rave.cuz i really dislike ignorant disrespectful old geezers

I stopped because the risk isn't worth the payoff.

If I go to an undergrounder and it gets raided, I can lose my job.

I have a dream job teaching that I've been working my whole life to get. So, no undergrounders.

So if your life is stable and it's a risk to go, don't. It's not about being old, it's about having a better sense of priorities.

Also, I find I can meet people better outside of the raves.