Sign in to follow this  
napoli_gino

what moves are you currently working on?

480 posts in this topic

Im trying to do an under the arm behind the back crosser, and I almost have it!

i'm trying to make butterflys look sexy, so far i've got like two transitions with them that look nice.

I'm working on the antispin weave and other poi stuff. I tried straightjackets, but i'm not super keen on them. BTB sun wraps are also killing me.

I've been working on some nifty spiral variations as well.

Can anyone offer me help on the antispin weave? Thanks in advance.

I'm working on the antispin weave and other poi stuff. I tried straightjackets, but i'm not super keen on them. BTB sun wraps are also killing me.

I've been working on some nifty spiral variations as well.

Can anyone offer me help on the antispin weave? Thanks in advance.

I'm working on smoothing out my anti-spin weaves right now and it seems to me that straight planes are vital to keep the strings from wrapping together. short(er) strings can also help if you're having lots of problems hitting your forearms or the other strings.

overall I think antispin weaves just require you to sit there are do several thousand cycles of the pattern to get everything straightened out.

oh yes, and I guess I should say what I've been up to... well I've been doing mainly poi lately (with socks, plus I got a set of fire poi for christmas). lately I've been working on antispins and transitions into giants, and transitions between reels and crossers and front/btb weaves, etc,

moves i'm currently working on:

-orbital airwrap (and man is it killing my fingers. you guys would not believe how red my hands are from my sticks hitting them)

-btb crosser

moves i'm currently working on:

-orbital airwrap (and man is it killing my fingers. you guys would not believe how red my hands are from my sticks hitting them)

when i was learning them i never had them hit my hands... well i think i know what your talkin bout but i think maybe if you let the strings wrap at the far end close to the sticks then pull... it beats havin to pull the strings in the middle or close to your hands.

Smoothness. Still BTB weave <_<. Taking so long partially because I haven't been practicing enough and also because... I'm just not gettin' it (I'm pretty sure my form is good and stuff, I can get it for a few cycles).

General wrap combo and manip stuff. I thought of a pretty cool manip, haven't filmed it yet, but I suspect that it might look good =)

Smoothness. Still BTB weave <_<. Taking so long partially because I haven't been practicing enough and also because... I'm just not gettin' it (I'm pretty sure my form is good and stuff, I can get it for a few cycles).

try it this way...

3 beat and 4 beat weaves

smoother tranststioning into spirals

orbitals, btb weave and i think thats about it

try it this way...

I have the same problem dier does in that video. I can do it, but I hit my elbows pretty often. (no problems with handles tho).

I have the same problem dier does in that video. I can do it, but I hit my elbows pretty often. (no problems with handles tho).

you should try twisting your body to the direction that you're making each plane...

so while you transfer from the right to the left, turn your body in that direction to follow the plane...

remember that when doing the btb 3 beat weave, your arm rotates two times in the opposite direction and once in the initial side...

and I think dier had problems w/ the led sticks he was using since I know he does this move alot smoothier... also, I think I remember him saying something like that in the past...

you should try twisting your body to the direction that you're making each plane...

so while you transfer from the right to the left, turn your body in that direction to follow the plane...

remember that when doing the btb 3 beat weave, your arm rotates two times in the opposite direction and once in the initial side...

and I think dier had problems w/ the led sticks he was using since I know he does this move alot smoothier... also, I think I remember him saying something like that in the past...

I do the move two different ways and one way is way more effective and painful. Basically instead of bending forwards, I bend backwards, but it's a lot like thrashing O.o

I'll try rotating even more while bending forwards and see if that works, thanks =)

If I still can't get it, I could probably make a vid for myself or for the learning center.

I do the move two different ways and one way is way more effective and painful. Basically instead of bending forwards, I bend backwards, but it's a lot like thrashing O.o

I'll try rotating even more while bending forwards and see if that works, thanks =)

If I still can't get it, I could probably make a vid for myself or for the learning center.

yeah, that's why we have the learning annex :) so you should diffinitely throw up a short clip on that move in the learning annex for more tips that can help you out...

I exaggerated side-to-side waist turning motion when I learned the behind the back weaves. Whenever I did not turn enough to give way for the glowsticks to pass to the side of me, they would hit me in the back.

As for what I am working on...I am really not working on so much moves that can be "named" in the formal sense, but rather combos. Although, I guess that I am practicing the btb butterfly weave (which hurts like hell to even setup) and some wallplane transitions.

man, I'm totally out of ideas to work on besides trying to get reverse sj... I can get it by luck once in a while but it is still pretty ulgy and complicating... transitioning out is a major part that I should work on... well, I guess I can always work on more poi like cleric for ideas on string manipulations...

*redline should become a freehander* :sm_biggrin:

yup ;) watch me make a dumbass out of myself :)

haha, nah, it's not worth it... the furthest I'll go is probably just doing some simple traces, tutting, and maybe the helicopter for a touch on the freehand elements... :P

one hand mimics

one hand mindgames

straightjacket fountains

UTL straightjacket wraps

MORE one hand transitions

UTL crossover wraps

OTH crossover wraps

that and working on some new mixes =D

adjusting strings again, and going back to wrap combos :P

starting to harness the concept of the sj......finally i see the light. Oh ad more wrap transitions.

back to cleaning up those reverse anti-spin 4 flowers and anti-spin butterfly flowers...

butterfly flowers (not out of a buttergly but you know the ones that get your sticks spinning in 2 different directions if you stand ajacent to the person watching

and i just realized i bit of adrillif and cleric' wrap combos somehow without knowing that i did so

and frickn fullbody crossers i dunno what to do with my left arm when it goes behind me

straightjacket fountains

sparrow is writing glowsitcking history as we speak, i didnt even know straightjacket fountains were possible

Edited by Charl3Y