Sign in to follow this  
napoli_gino

what moves are you currently working on?

480 posts in this topic

back to getting more flexible to do crazy btb wallplane stuff...

RSU to RSU wrist roll with glowchucks (very short string, used like regular nunchaku). I'm practicing it with my actual nunchaku right now, it's very tough, I can only get it with my right hand and rarely at that.

RSU to RSU wrist roll with glowchucks (very short string, used like regular nunchaku). I'm practicing it with my actual nunchaku right now, it's very tough, I can only get it with my right hand and rarely at that.

sounds interesting. I work with handles and ive been playing around with them and i dont think its even possible... rofl.

I'm working on building the free hugs campaign!!!

*currently reworking my btb butterfly wallplane (left side is ehhh but right side is starting to show some progression)

Completely reviewing my style now that I am getting back into it and basically cleaning everything back up. Also, once again playing around with the length of my strings b/c my current set up is too short (they tend to slip right out of my hands), but my old set up was too long.

sounds interesting. I work with handles and ive been playing around with them and i dont think its even possible... rofl.

Yeah, there's a vid with some guy using long-chain nunchaku on YouTube. Search for wrist rolls or seven rolls or something of that sort. I don't have access to YT ATM because I'm at school and it's classified as "R rated material" wtf.

Or I can see about taking a vid using my nunchaku (foam, short strings). It'd probably be easier with glowchucks, but I've been practicing with the nunchaku.

Sorry about doublepost, but it bumps the thread =P.

Best way to explain it, with nunchaku:

Start off by swinging your sticks paralell to the floor, hitting each side of your body. When you start going from the right to the left (if you're using the right hand), swing the swinging stick around the base of your thumb, still horizontal. your arm will be facing down a bit. The formerly swinging stick should come around your wrist. Now you want to open your hand a LOT so that it will slide into the area between your thumb and the area infront/at your pointer finger. Ta da, your former swinging stick is now your RSU handle.

i decided i need to work on not only cleaning up my overall style (now that i'm back in the game after a long long break) but i also need to work on some new moves.

i need to re-learn my crosser combos and clean up my straight jackets and my btb crosser.

my crossover wrap stuff needs some serious tweaking.

but i need to learn the butterfly barrel rolls, and maybe the antispin weave if i have time. as well as btb wallplane weaves in the other direction

but most important (and if someone could PLEASE help me out it'd be great) i NEED to get btb wallplane butterfly weaves because i cannot figure them out at all....

i decided i need to work on not only cleaning up my overall style (now that i'm back in the game after a long long break) but i also need to work on some new moves.

i need to re-learn my crosser combos and clean up my straight jackets and my btb crosser.

my crossover wrap stuff needs some serious tweaking.

but i need to learn the butterfly barrel rolls, and maybe the antispin weave if i have time. as well as btb wallplane weaves in the other direction

but most important (and if someone could PLEASE help me out it'd be great) i NEED to get btb wallplane butterfly weaves because i cannot figure them out at all....

Ha. I've been off GSC for quite a while now. However, I decided to come back and see how things were going on here andI like the changes alot as far as the forum goes. But, thats beside the point. However, I have been progressing on at a good pace. Working on antispinning same/opposite direction weaves (i.e, normal weave / butterfly weaves) same goes for true inversions of the same moves. Currently, working on a 6bt Butterfly Windmill; 4bt inverted butterfly windmill, isolated carryovers (single string)...its fun, trust me (and for u that know what im talking about, u know its fun lol). Cleaning my side to side bouncing butterfly wallplane weaves...inverting isolations....blah blah...contorting crossers...all manners of fun things. Learning all my combos with my other hand (I.E, if u lead left, switch to leading right with everything) ALSO, the fucking 6bt TTN..still cant get the shit clean....

Anyways...theres more...im sure there is...but thats the list for the time being...

reworking on a btb gumbie to string wrap combo... also, more string manipulations as well as reworking on my poi...

Hey Insignia you from Hempstead NY? I was just there for a retreat at Hofstra in June of this year.

Looks like you're far into the poi techniques too. 4 bt ttn is as far as I wanna go. =(

My reverse butterfly and reverse handcuff wrap have become sloppier since I changed the way I wrap my strings. I'm working on them, but I keep hitting myself.

I occasionally hit myself while doing windmills still X.x

Trying to figure out a good entry to huggys. Will learn UTA crosser soon.

reworking the 4 beat corkscrew because I haven't using this move lately, so I kinda lost it.. :(

leg stalls and many different behind the back tosses. more tacing as well.

Working on making my wraps better (ie. when I go under-forearm -> leg -> under-forearm -> back to spinning my other hand is just spinning the stick in a circle, I want to get it to where both sticks are wrapping something at all times).

Butterfly weave and 5 beat = current long term goals.

UTA weave/crosser dropped because I don't think I'm flexible enough to do it the "right" way.

Intro's to huggys.

im still trying the backward wave and can't get it. i'm also trying anything behind the back... not going so well at all...lol

Here while trying to heal my index finger...I'm working on things at the same time: low windmill, airwrap orbital, btb weave, flowers/anti-spin flowers.

I'm also trying to open my eyes to which moves can go into which.