Sign in to follow this  
napoli_gino

what moves are you currently working on?

480 posts in this topic

I saw some crossover wraps in sparrows crosser tut so I downloaded his crossover wrap tut and and hoping to be able to come up with some nice crossover wrap - huggy crosser transitions. :P

cleaning up some stuff and trying to be creative with more things..

also has this happened to anyone else where you know how to do a move well adn then suddnely you cant do it as well? iunno if this sounds confusing but for some reason i used to be able to do full body crossers and now recently theyve been hitting my sides even though I used to be able to do them well and its not like i havent done them in awhile..

well iunno its just confusing.

it happens to me, i forget moves, depends, but over time you can get the moves back real quick......anyways, back to working on manips duo stuff......

Any tips on a straight jacket... xD I got it like twice and Ive been trying to get it down for the past month =(.

Any tips on a straight jacket... xD I got it like twice and Ive been trying to get it down for the past month =(.

http://www.gsccleric.com/~apocalypse/Straight%20Jacket.wmv

dunno if this helps...

also get the huggy down well,,,,, maybe learn it with handles or sock poi, eventually your timing will kick in.....and then you can do it with just strings. you can fix the rough stuff later on.

working on a combo i saw in one of wes's vids, a butterfly spiral to neck wrap, to a knee wrap the to horizontal wraps....and other transitions. and i just got huggie crossers down today......thanx AMBLIX for showing me the light! lol

Working on general cleanup of my moves, staying in plane, and developing a flow. As for moves, butterfly weave and BTB rev weave (I can't do anything BTB as of yet *cry*).

Reverse weave also I am trying to "get down." I can do it, and transition to it, I just don't get that "feel" that I really have it yet though. Feels sloppy.

Butterfly wraps are still killing me.

It's frustrating for me, I can do stuff no problem, no problem, no problem, for a while --- And then when I go to string with some buddies, I just lose it, and I can't even get a spiral to function correctly. Really frustrating... When I'm in front of people I get sloppy... I think it's just nervousness *shrug*

butterfly straight jacket(halfway done)

duo wrap combo stuff (looks promising)

handle manips (so so)

buzzsaw fountain (ugly)

wallplane weave (ugly too)

Hmm I'm working on some pendulum variations. Stalls in different directions too.

And finally got the guts to start learning the butterfly full body UTA/BTB crosser. Also the same crosser but backwards (BTB/In-the-elbow crosser?) weave.

SJ, but only every so often.

New wrap combos. I keep ending up doing the same, or very simlar, one. I just need some different stuff for variation.

I want to work on the atomic weave and some other stuff i've been working on ;)

manipulations, trapped wraps

cleaning up that intersecting anti-spin flower thing that I saw in yuta's vid :P

hmm... gonna try some more wrap stuff as well as mess around with gumbies... hopefully, something will come into thought...

Im trying to put in some capurera moves along with backflips out of freehanding rnsiton I think it will create a killer effect and string maipulation as usual.

working on different types of wraps right now. not just unique sequences but wrapping in unexpected places and ways. trying out different variations of my palmspin string manip as well.

catches, always on the look out for catches. u find one new catch, and then incorporate it with all the other string manips and it opens up like new worlds...i cant find any really single 'named' trick i want to learn, mah whole style focuses more round catches, string tricks etc etc, i dont really have a thrive to learn more weaves n shit (besides an 11 bt, krakan said someone has done it before...ive never heard of it)

but yeah always be on the lookout for a new grab that will set you up for soem kind of different throw, stall or whatever blah ima quit talkin now, im open :X

i have heard of the 11 beat as well, there may be a video on youtube with it, check it out!!

cleaning up some poi stuff and working on manips (from step 1, all over again)

Liquid. I just can't perfect it.