Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pity

"Explosing Poi" Talent Show French

25 posts in this topic

Let me show you a special glowstringer ;) I hope you will enjoy ^^

Let me show you a special glowstringer ;)

He wasn't glowstringing. I'm just making that clear because our site is against glowstringing in talent shows..

Cool video.. :)

I met a few French spinners at Firedrums this year. Cyrille, Maelle, Olive, and Forka.. They were all very talented..

That looks so crazy.

Definately an awesome video! I loved this. Wonder if it gets hot with those flares.

hahaha c'est cool! etais tres gentil et beau.

m6 en direct a fait de lui l'air si putain d'epic et avec tous ces 360 angles de prise de vues. haha ^^

oh, et at-il gagne??

moby - in this world <3

what happened to just regular fire?

Still very nice though, the fireworks give it something special =)

um...it didnt look that special to me >.> sorry

looks like a bunch of weaves and flowers with sparkle poi thats all

still a nice find

yeah, seconding Charley here. It wasn't that special. He also didn't move much, which I demand to see in poi even moreso than stringing; it just looked flashy because of the...those weren't normal sparkle poi...those were like flares.

See, this is why we don't support stringing in talent shows. The actual artistry gets overshadowed by all the "OOOOOH SHINY" and people who don't have much skill can get props just by...doing really fast weaves. That glow. Or in this case, throw sparks. That's just recklessly unsafe. People are going to want to go out & try to do that and get nasty injuries.

for me the pyrotechnics and explosions ruined the actual dance form and the rest was just like charley and lira said, simple moves with sparkle poi that really wasn't anything amazing

Good point CybrPunk,

the pyrotechnics and explosions create so much smoke that you can hardly see the guy.

Cheers

Yeah, all the smoke and strobes made it really hard to tell what he was doing half the time.

At TV it was better, and yes he is the winner, but his first talent show was better than his final one :)

I like the third sort of "poi", it looks like rain

Not moving around much? I saw the dude jump up and twirl twice at like 2:23. There was plenty of movement... the smoke just kinda got in the way part of the time. But if you look closely, he's all over the place, especially towards the end. Seriously, watch around 2:23/2:25... Very cool twirls.

The only thing that I have against this is the protections that he is NOT taking.

His outfit kills me for how much he doesn't care about lighting himself on fire- that baggy clothing plus the fact that he's wearing no protection at all for his head worries me to death. I've spun sparkly poi before and it's a MUST to wear protection. I can't stress that enough. If you ever plan to do ANYTHING like this, wear protection, and lots of it. I would not be suprised to hear later down the line that he got burnt.

As for his spinning tallent, it was non existant. That was a pyrotechnic show, not a show of his tallent. Yes, the fireworks were cool and it made some interesting patterns, but the moves he was spinning and the controll he had were sub-par at best.

At TV it was better, and yes he is the winner, but his first talent show was better than his final one

i've heard of this show on m6 although i've never watched it and since it was the live finals it was the reason why i asked if he won.. alors, at-il fini gegner la finale? ya?

a bit curious now of all the other finalist...

:)

um...it didnt look that special to me >.> sorry

looks like a bunch of weaves and flowers with sparkle poi thats all

still a nice find

Agreed, and Denay said the same thing along the lines of "Thomas is better" =P

ummm...this is obviously competition related

shame shame shame

btw Pity i think you should change your sig cus there are alot of ppl who are gay on gsc and would take it very offensive

just wanted to point that out

ummm...this is obviously competition related

shame shame shame

It doesn't really matter that was POI not glowsticking so we can't voice our opinion about battling or talent shows etc. etc. because the Poi culture is so much more different than glowsticking culture. Poi accepts things that WE don't such as talent shows.

yeah yur right

but i really havent scene poi competing either

i usually see them just performing

thats what i was pretty much trying to say

He won :)

so... he nailed down stuff as a freehander i can pull off... like stated b4 nothing to techincal just a very interesting set up.. im guessing different medals in the rig... love the radien dress up tho