Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lockshot

Best way to pack glowsticks?

15 posts in this topic

I'm gonna buy 150 glowsticks soon and my aunt's gonna bring them from the US to Costa Rica, so I was wondering if anything could happen to them during the travel, such as breaking within the suitcase or something like that? Should I take any percautions in order to avoid mishaps or such?

I'm gonna buy 150 glowsticks soon and my aunt's gonna bring them from the US to Costa Rica, so I was wondering if anything could happen to them during the travel, such as breaking within the suitcase or something like that? Should I take any percautions in order to avoid mishaps or such?

just keep them away from direct sunlight, and dont mess with them to much or a few may break, i'd suggest putting them all in one bag, and packing them up with some packing foam or something..

but you'd probably be good just putting them all in a bag

I would just fedx them.

But A. you know how heavy that is. and B. shipping internationally is killer. so put two and two together and you got a lot of shipping price.

If it's a checked bag, make sure she packs it TIGHTLY with other things that can cushion the sticks around it (i.e. clothing, soft materials, etc). Ideally, you'd want the sticks so that they won't move around when the suitcase gets tossed around because the luggage handlers don't treat them very nicely.

The more the sticks get rattled about, the more likely it is for them to break.

you could take a smaller suitcase and put that one inside the bigger suitcase that's a great way of cushioning blows. maybe she has stretching straps inside one of her suitcases.

Ummm I seriously see this getting confiscated...who travels with 150 glowsticks?! It may cost more to ship them, but how much would it cost in time and money to have them confiscated and have to ship the second set?!

sorry, my internet's been down all week, so I finally got the chance to see this. Hmm, how big are the possibilities for the glowsticks to be confiscated?

just pack it in a handbag or something you can keep with you while on the plane. just make sure its covered with clothes and stuff so they wont crack.

dude buy a suitecase just for the sticks and pack them tightly with cushons around like katt said if there losse there gonna crack and if u have issues checking it in theres no reason they can take them away if ur checking in the bag i would sue the airline lolol

umm so like i had this idea too and i was talking with eltcro sheep and security guards and glowsticks dont go well together. i was thinking of finding someone out in cali who i can send sticks too when i order them off glowwarhouse when they get orange ultras. neone from south cali waant to make 20 ultras and all they have to do is house some sticks for like 3 weeks.??????

not to mention its fucking expensive to ship out to ny from glowhouse like 14 bucks for 14 days.

now imagine the price of getting them to Central America... it's just a bit too much, I think I'd rather be off spending the $ 2-3 each glowstick costs here. Hmm... so the handbag thing's sure to work? And well, I'm not sure if my aunt would buy an extra suitcase just for glowsticks... how much space would 150 glowsticks take up? and would it turn out to be a very heavy pack?

Crum... I just don't wanna spend twice as much on shipping and handling... And what about if I order 100 glowsticks? or perhaps 50?