Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danika

Electric Zoo Festival // All Ages // 9.5.09 + 9.6.09 (LABOR DAY WEEKEND!)

68 posts in this topic

Electric Zoo Festival

EZNY_lineup.jpg

Line Up:

Electric Zoo Festival: Saturday 09/05/2009:

Armin Van Buuren, Benny Benassi, Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez, Luciano, Robbie Rivera, Marco Carola, Chus & Ceballos, Kaskade, Paco Osuna, Chris Lake, Speedy J, Martin Buttrich.

Electric Zoo Festival: Sunday 09/06/2009:

David Guetta, Ferry Corsten, Richie Hawtin, Markus Schulz, Special Disco Version featuring James Murphy & Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem/DFA), Frankie Knuckles, Steve Bug, Josh Gabriel, James Holden, Audion, Menno De Jong.

Information:

Doors Open At: 12noon

Doors Close At: 11pm

Electric Zoo Festival is an open-air Labor Day Weekend festival taking place in New York City at Randall's Island Park. The festival will run from noon to 11pm on September 5th and 6th. The tickets start at $55.00 for single day tickets and $100.00 for full weekend tickets.

Directions:

SUBWAY/BUS

Special Event Express Buses

From Manhattan: �‚ Take the 4, 5 or 6 train or Metro-North to 125th St., then transfer upstairs to the X80 Express Bus (NW corner of 125th St. and Lexington Ave.), which runs nonstop to Randall's Island. A $5 round-trip fare is collected en route to the Island. If you transfer from the subway or bus with your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard, only $3 is deducted. Paper Bus Transfers and dollar bills are not accepted. For more information, visit www.mta.info.

From Long Island and Queens: Take the 7 train or the L.I.R.R. to 61st St. and Woodside, then transfer to the X81 Express Bus (61st St. and Roosevelt Ave). It runs nonstop to and from Randall's Island. For more information, visit www.mta.info.

WALKING

You can walk across the footbridge from E. 103rd St. in Manhattan onto Randall's Island Park during summer daylight hours (6am - 9pm). Pedestrians can also walk across on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from Manhattan, Queens, or the Bronx.

DRIVING

Randall's and Wards Island Park is located under the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge (formerly Triborough Bridge) in the East River, between Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens. Bridge toll is $5.00 upon entering; there is no charge to leave the Island.

Parking

There will be a limited number of parking spots available for a fee of $10, payable in cash only. Because space is limited, we encourage you to use

public transportation. There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO TAILGATING allowed on Randall's Island.

From Manhattan

Get on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge at East 125th Street. Stay left for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From Long Island and Queens

Get on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from the Grand Central Parkway. Stay right for the exit to Randall's Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From the Bronx

Take the Major Deegan of Bruckner Expressway to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. Stay right for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From Brooklyn

Take the FDR Drive North to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge exit (on right). Stay left up to and after the toll, following the signs to Randall's Island.

From Queens

Get on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from the Grand Central Parkway. Stay right for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From New Jersey

From I-80 or the New Jersey Turnpike, get on the George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for "Through Traffic" (on the upper level, stay to the left, on the lower level, stay to the right) to get onto the Cross Bronx Expressway, then take the Harlem River Drive/Amsterdam Avenue exit. Keep left onto the Harlem River Drive, then stay straight to take �‚ FDR Drive South to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. On the Bridge, stay left for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From Westchester

Take I-87 (New York State Thruway) southbound. I-87 will turn into the Major Deegan Expressway. Follow signs to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, pass through the tollbooth, and stay to the right. Take the exit for Randall's Island.

What items am I not allowed to bring with me?

The following items are prohibited:

-Large bags/backpacks

-Weapons of any kind

-Outside food & beverages

-Professional cameras & recording devices

-Illegal substances

-Squirt guns, misters, spray bottles, etc.

-Laser pens and similar focused-light devices

-Glowsticks, etc.

-Chairs

-Bottles, cans, camelpacks, canteens, flasks, bota bags

-Pets

-Bicycles, scooters, personal motorized vehicles

-Musical instruments

-Sleeping bags (no overnight camping or sleepovers)

Event Location:

Randall's Island Park

NYC

Websites:

http://electriczoofestival.com/

Roll Call:

GOING:

Aodzhomie

Atomesk

Freakedeke

Katt

Lectra

Stompqueen

MAYBE:

Jdongs

Lira

NOT GOING:

Haha, I was about to post this. Was confused for a second to see a post in the EC region by a non-ECer.

Maybe. Financial stuff blocks me. But this rocks. I heard about it last month & it's nice to see the lineup finally get out.

100%

Both days

THEY WILLL NOT STOP US IN GETTING GLOWSTICKS IN!!!

FOR SPARTA>>>>> FOR GSC!!!

AHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sunday Lineup looks a little.. off.

ferryEZC.jpg?t=1242324562'

Fixed.

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE. rofl, I was thinking the exact same thing.

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE. rofl, I was thinking the exact same thing.

AHHHHHUUUUUU!!!

fdhafkjhsd;lkjdsj OMG. YES.

I DON'T HAVE TO WORK ON LABOR DAY TOO.

100%

Both days

THEY WILLL NOT STOP US IN GETTING GLOWSTICKS IN!!!

FOR SPARTA>>>>> FOR GSC!!!

AHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUU

thats right, we are taking sticks in either way and im definatly hitting this up with some friends.

Hmm, I might go, depends on when school starts up again, and if I can get a ride there.

Hmm, I might go, depends on when school starts up again, and if I can get a ride there.

i think its on the first week of school..lol

It's the week before school, for me. Depends on whether or not I get back from FL in time. We'll see. I'll probably go for Sunday only because more artists I like are playing. If I only wanted to see Armin, I'd pay to see him play for more than 1 or 2 hours. :P

i hope Roger shah, or Above and Beyond get in that bad boy..

No offense...but to many house dj's..

Deadmau5 is ok... but i can only stand house for so long.. before i get sleepy

i hope Roger shah, or Above and Beyond get in that bad boy..

No offense...but to many house dj's..

Deadmau5 is ok... but i can only stand house for so long.. before i get sleepy

This is nyc foo! land of the house =)

This is nyc foo! land of the house =)

Il be sure to bring my Pillow.

Actually Miami Beats NYC house..

No Offense...they have they own Late Night House HotDog Place...

And the water bottle say we love house music...only open from 12 AM to 6AM..

and its always packed..wtih a dance floor...Fucking Ridiclous...

Il be sure to bring my Pillow.

Actually Miami Beats NYC house..

No Offense...they have they own Late Night House HotDog Place...

And the water bottle say we love house music...only open from 12 AM to 6AM..

and its always packed..wtih a dance floor...Fucking Ridiclous...

But they dont do this....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

aannnddd half of everyone that lives in nyc moves to florida lol

*is pretty much in north Miami right now* dude, for a place that gets all the big trance names for WMC/Ultra, there's almost no trance here any other time of the year. MAYBE PvD and Tiesto, the two big DJs I give the least of a damn about. :P Otherwise, it's ALL house.

NYC brings in mid-range trance artists. <3 NYC.

But I'm pretty sure I'm only coming for this on Sunday, if at all.

But they dont do this....

aannnddd half of everyone that lives in nyc moves to florida lol

thats the dance fool.

im talking about the music..

I thought florida was all about the breaks o.o

A couple of the raves down here seem to be a lot of breaks & industrial. But specifically Miami is almost nothing but house.

im down =]

A couple of the raves down here seem to be a lot of breaks & industrial. But specifically Miami is almost nothing but house.

It does exist with a huge crowd, but it's popularity/demand isn't nowhere near as house is here in Miami.

THey add'd to the list..

But its no one Really big..

COME ON NY!! Get more TRANCE DJ"S!