Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epsilon Kias

Glowchaku XD

9 posts in this topic

So... Anybody else like taking those 12 inch sticks and making some nunchaku with them?

I've been glowchucking for about 3 months now. It's quite fun and helps me with actual nunchaku stuff. Espically ideas and strike placement and the like.

And somehow... It's actually helped with my stringing when I use handles. I've been trying to get stuff like thumbrolls and the like to work with stringing. Nothing as of yet. But i'm still working on it.

So... All my fellow Glowchaku practicionars. What do you use to make your chaku glow?

Honestly the only time I have seen them in action is in the old 02 Chichago comp. I'd like to see a full vid with them used though. Did you film ?

Sadly. I have no way to film my stuff or I would. I've been trying to save money for a cam but i've hit a few holes with my money recently ya'know.

But when I do get a good cam. Ima post a glowchaku vid on here =D

Regardless. Search for Nunchaku on Video.google I think a guy has a fire nunchaku vid on there, Along with a glowchuk vid that he aslo did. Though the Glowchuk vid is rather... Newbieish at first... It gets a bit better through the time.

I guess it's sorta a symbolic view of skills or something.

First vid i made after a lil bit of practice

Second vid after a bout a month or 2 more practice

bare in mind that i dont do nunchaku or anything...my friend just showed me the basics and i just played around with them there...these vids are pretty old now...so i learned new stuff, but there was little to no intrest for "glowchaku" so i stopped putting up vids...hehe

but there was little to no intrest for "glowchaku" so i stopped putting up vids...hehe

Sure there is!!!!! I've been chucking for a few years now & thats all I do. Besides also the fact I only mainly use lights.

I'm gonna dig up some old vids I have I repost them for you guys.

*Edited*

Here one I just uploaded.

MJM photon nunchuck clip

Hell... I'm interested =D

I got me a pair of Flowchucks from Flowtoys.com a while back. They feel perfectly weighted for most forms of wrist rolls and Thumb rolls. However... They are kinda light, even with the streetlights in.

And then there's the streetlights. They make me afraid to do aerials and the like due to the streetlights being uber fragle.

Overall I like them though. And i'd be glad to take them with me to a club or an event anyday.

hehe..well do u plan to chuck @ raves/clubs/events or at home or house parties?? cause if u go to events/raves and all that then good luck gettin your flowchucks in. its bad enuf that i have 3in-5in chains on my keyring and they still wont let me in (sometimes) i usually just use chains with keyrings on...or rig some shoe laces together cause they are easier to get in the event.

I've been teaching myself freestyle nunchaku for the last three years, and last week made my first set of glowchaku.

I bought a lot of ten inch glow sticks, but unfortunately they dont have holes at the top to link them so I had to improvise.

I used three strips of flat laces, and pinned them to the glowsticks, then taped the pins in securely. I also taped four small coins onto the end of each glowstick to give them the weight of a tapered set of nunchaku.

They're much thinner than normal nunchaku, so have taken a little adapting to, but they're great fun.

I don't have a video yet, but I'm going to crack another pair for my friend's birthday on Saturday, so I should get some footage then.

If anyone else is interested in nunchaku, there's a freestyle nunchaku community at www.freestyleforum.net which may be of help.

hehe..well do u plan to chuck @ raves/clubs/events or at home or house parties?? cause if u go to events/raves and all that then good luck gettin your flowchucks in. its bad enuf that i have 3in-5in chains on my keyring and they still wont let me in (sometimes) i usually just use chains with keyrings on...or rig some shoe laces together cause they are easier to get in the event.

I take mine to all events/raves etc..etc.. I usually take mylights & stix in my pouch & stick my grips along my waist on my backside. I get them in all the time.