Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phant0m

What kind of knot?

13 posts in this topic

Every time I go to make kandi, its no problem, until I'm finished with the piece and need to tie it off, and so I go with your normal double knot, and without fail, the strings come untied and beads go everywhere, lol, so I always just end up asking help from my friends.

But more to the point, what kind of knot do you use for your kandi?

it might also be the string you use. i can see how some plastic type stuff might slip and unknot easier than the fabric-ish type stuff i use. just throwing it out there, but i've never used plastic type string.

I use a double knot on everything i do. I pull it as tight as i can the first knot and repeat..... On the plastic string i sometimes do a triple but a double usually works fine.... GOOD LUCK!

*nods to Errka. I use stretch magic too. You just have to pull it really tight. Pull it tight from the bracelet part so you're not making the bracelet loose the "stretchyness". And knotting it three times should be good.

The only thing is that if you're using stretchmagic and the .5 which is really skinny...the string could break if you tie it super super tight. use the .7mm.

Hope this helps.

I just do the regular knot and do it 3 times then I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, seal it with nail polish after. I've had way too many disasters not to lol.

for those who use a square knot to tie, what do you use when your strings dont end at the same place? such as for multis and things like that

I double-knot mine then add some hot glue. I think it helps that the heat from the glue kind of melts the plastic.

I say someone make a tutorial on the different knots. :)

I double knot and that's it...the glue possibility is intriguing though; I'm going to try that.