Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rage

"Let's just see how many photons we can put on an orbit"

22 posts in this topic

I got a pretty good laugh out of this.

The fact that liquidmotions is the one that made this is kinda funny in itself also.

Read the text comments after you watch a bit of it.

I can just imagine spinning a brick.

Uhhh you can ask some of the OH, PA and MI members that came out to the OH meet up...I had a 12 light orbit. First of all, it is kind of heavy, but manageable. Next, the fucker is bright as all hell and just obnoxious! Lastly, if you want to keep up all 12 lights it is a pain in the ass to put together.

Basically you just put the lights back to back and connect them as you would if you were making a 6 LED flower style orbit.

Edit: Watched that vid, and I personally like the way I tied mine together more than that as far as visuals go. I have 4 gree, 4 white and 4 color change.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't he just spinning it around in between his arms? Is it just a cool light toy or is there some art behind that? I have never seen anything interesting done with these lights.

there's a certain amount of talent to it, proper speed, string tension, bicep stalls, plane transistions and such...

some people think it's cool, some don't.

i like them B)

Umm essentially that is all there is to an orbit. Basically it is just spinning the lights between your arms like that. Some of the other things you can do are make shapes with it by rotating it in directions based on which direction the spin is, you can do some wraps, you can do some stalls and you can moved it around your body. It really is just a simple toy that looks neat when you're playing with it.

one word.....

duct tape

alot of that and a rope plus 100 photons O__O

anything higher than 6 just looks too cluttered. Even 6 looks cluttered. I have one that i made that has Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple. If i use it, i only turn on like 3 or 4 colors at once. its fun for a minute or two, but overall i think the thing is kind of pointless.

I know the guy who runs LEM, Mat. He's pretty cool. Definitely pretty passionate and really into what they do as you can tell.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't he just spinning it around in between his arms? Is it just a cool light toy or is there some art behind that? I have never seen anything interesting done with these lights.

It's primarily a lightshow toy, but it does take some skill to use right, and as said before, there are some neat little tricks you can do to lighten up the deal.

Guest TechnoGizmo

an orbit with 100 lights? is it even gana b able to spin with all that mass? the strings will probably snap or something, y dont u just abandon the strings and just call it a frisby?

an orbit with 100 lights? is it even gana b able to spin with all that mass? the strings will probably snap or something, y dont u just abandon the strings and just call it a frisby?

Expensive effing frisby...

...This 12 orbital thing starts to look scary (way too bright) around 1:44. I don't know if that's just me...and I just turned around and that giant Geico money stack is on my tv staring at me...

Maybe we should just get those glowstick party balls (or whatever those things are called) super glue the glowsticks to the plastic connectors, connect photons to every place possible, attatch some strings, and then just chase after people with it like some kind of glowing orb of death.

i think we should have a rainbow whip with 50 glowsticks each.

I made a 12 photon orbit last year and really wasn't all that thrilled with it. The size and weight just makes the whole thing hard to manage. 6 is a good number of lights for me.

There needs to be a jumprope orbit...

Hahaha, that'd be sickkk. It would take quite a bit of room though :\

here's one more word...

overkill :sm_bigeek:

but that's just me.

I think 4 is a good ammount.

here's one more word...

overkill :sm_bigeek:

but that's just me.

I think 4 is a good ammount.

Agreed