Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkePLUR

the GS(.C) culture appreciation thread

18 posts in this topic

well this thread is just about my appreciation of the culture as it has changed my way of doing and seeing things.

like PLUR. this is something that i love because its somethng that u can live by as it is a very positive acronym. PLUR has slightly changed my attitude and made me more of lets say a well mannered and good person.

its also changed my views about battling and of acceptance of things.

and the way i judge things....

its also showed me that glowsticking is an expression not just a fad.

Many more things aswell.

if u guys would like to comment and add some of your opinion.

:dope:):biggrin2: :sm_s :Score-101010: leep: :excited::battlers:

yeah and thanks to Dave and all other gs.c members for being so kool..

Taken from teh PLUR article i wrote for gs.c awile back http://www.glowsticking.com/nu/index.php?itemid=86&catid=4

PLUR and gs.c

gs.c is a section of the Rave community as a glowsticking website and I am glad to say that we at gs.c are highly dedicated to maintaining the spirit of PLUR.

You may look around yourself - the world is filled with hate, fear, and suffering and you may find yourself asking how anything will ever improve or change. Even at some raves you may see it, and on the gs.c forums.

The Rave Scene at it's most idealistic is a unique case, changing one person at a time. Everyone is welcome to come. Raves are hedonistic parties where tolerance is practiced, hopefully without infringing on other people's rights. People gather to dance and listen to music and chill, and the only worry is when the party will end and whether the cops will break it up. The Rave Scene is a neo-hippie movement, with a simple life of enjoying dancing and music.

So is gs.c; a place for people to chill, tolerance is a virtue, friends and strangers gather, glowsticks are broken and friends made, no one is judged by how good they are but by how open their heart is, PLUR is a philosophy that is not always said but is always on the mind.

PLUR is a simple thing. It's just a vocalization for what is, in my mind, another defintion for having loving-kindness for all people and all things. If all people lived by PLUR, then we'd achieve heaven on earth.

Gs.c strives to spread all those ideals and PLUR through glowsticks and people. Teaching glowsticking with noncompetitiveness and no battling is a big part of maintaining the PLUR. Gs.c's take on PLUR can be seen in our glowsticking meetups and ultra circles.

See an example of an ultracircle here.

I'm going to end with an inspiration of mine, Manny of ilr.com- gs.c's predecessor forum (iloveraving.com)- offered this wisdom:

"ultra circles were for ILR to unite and show the world what ILR is about, ILR is not about glowstixs and glowstixers. Glowstixs was just the means to get people interested in ILR. ILR is the real LIGHT. a light that sends a message of

a community, peace, love, unity and respect.

and yes I am one that believes in PLUR. PLUR not just for raving, it's a way of life."

That is the sort of thing that is inspiring to me and many other long time members of gs.c. And we continue to pass on that message to anyone who wishes to learn.

posted at 13:54:14 on 09/01/05 by KaelGotRice - Category: GS.C: Culture

I LOVE GS.C

<3

If gs.c was a guy I'd be following gs.c around with an aura of hearts.

Drunk off the amazingness of the guy named "gs.c".

if gs.c was a person....

-I'd flirt with gs.c

-I'd hug gs.c

-I'd fall in love with gs.c

-I'd love my viriginty to gs.c

-I'd scribble mrs. gs.c in my marine biology notebook

-I'd ask mr. gs.c to father my children

-I'd buy a car and insure mr. gs.c on it.

-I'd be roomies with mr. gs.c, and pay his part of the rent if he tried to leave me.

-I'd make a movie about mr. gs.c

-I'd make a photo album of me and mr. gs.c.

-I'd take pictures of me and mr. gs.c in photobooths

-I'd start a mr. gs.c website.

-I'd have mr. gs.c in my "top 8".

-I'd buy mr. gs.c dinner.

-I'd let mr. gs.c beat me in laser tag.

-I'd play WoW with mr. gs.c and we'd make a guild together.

-I'd dream of mr. gs.c and me holding hands and running in slow motion through fields and plains.

-I'd eat pasta with mr. gs.c and we'd have that lady and the tramp moment were we almost kiss with the noodles between our lips.

YES I LOVE GS.C THAT MUCH.

oh man, I found my old hard-drive and I FOUND MY OLD ELECTRONICA!

I got very excited cause it was what I listened to when I first started. :) its inspirational!

-RG

I too love GS.C and the culture. Not much to say, except if I never came across GS.C, I would have thought of glowsticking as something different. I would also have never discovered PLUR, and that would mean a more stressful life for me.

ohh well.. i guess i like the idealised version... of a raver etc...

still gs.c is like one already.

"Our purpose in life is not to get ahead of other people -- but to get ahead of ourselves."

-Taken off a chinese fortune cookie

For some reason, gsc makes me think about the line above... basically, to a certain amount, I'm trying to say that gsc is a lifestyle...

Guest Queen of Spades

I LOVE GS.C

<3

if gs.c was a person....

-I'd flirt with gs.c

-I'd hug gs.c

-I'd be roomies with mr. gs.c, and pay his part of the rent if he tried to leave me.

-I'd dream of mr. gs.c and me holding hands and running in slow motion through fields and plains.

-I'd eat pasta with mr. gs.c and we'd have that lady and the tramp moment were we almost kiss with the noodles between our lips.

this is quite possibly the greatest thing i have ever read.

I LOVE GS.C

<3

if gs.c was a person....

-I'd flirt with gs.c

-I'd hug gs.c

I got very excited cause it was what I listened to when I first started. :) its inspirational!

-RG

wow, that's some serious dedication...

scary but yeah... :P

I LOVE GS.C

<3

if gs.c was a person....

-I'd flirt with gs.c

-I'd hug gs.c

-RG

you truly are one of my many heros...and i feel the same way about GS.C....only...it would be a Mrs.......no Mr....please no mister.

if GSC were a street gang id go to war with it using bottles and chains! >=(

nah just kidding, i fucking love GSC, i doubt i'd still be in this culture if it weren't for GSC and the people it brings together.

my appreciation for gs.c goes hand in hand with my love of the electronic beats that are the pulse of my life...

in a world of dog-eat-dog competition, dishonor, and disrespect, gs.c represents the spirit of unity and compassion that resides in the most noble of human hearts and in the true beliefs that make up the worldwide underground dance music culture :dope

I LOVE GS.C

<3

if gs.c was a person....

-I'd flirt with gs.c

-I'd hug gs.c

-RG

Wow Hardcore, I forgot I wrote that. I guess that's why I love SD meet ups, you guys, all of you people are my mr. gs.c.

I love you all.

<3 RG :inlove:

If GSC were a man.. he'd be the pimpiest man EVAR!!! lol He'd have a human chain of ladies on his arms

But really though... GSC isn't just a website composed of zeros and ones that people go onto but a safe haven for ideas and feelings to be expressed. GSC is a space suspended in time that we can all come and take refuge in if the world around us becomes too hard to come to terms with. There is pain, there is violence, there is suffering... but ther is also salvation, hope and pride. It's hard in life for people to find a certain passion that drives them to better themselves and wake up in the mornings but we were all fortunate enough to not only have found a place where we can express ourselves with others who accept us and feel the same way, but to be able to inspire the culture. Every day every person is pushing just a little more and making the culture expand just a little bit and by leaps and bounds we are inspiring other people to lead a better life. PLUR is an ideal that lives and beats with the heart of the music and the hearts inside our bodies. It's the words the describe lifes essance as we seek purpose in our day to day lives. With GSC we are able to break away from the mundane way of life and what people expect us to do and to achieve something greater... we're able to dream of world peace and love everything with respect. This culture will never die because we will never let it. There are always bad instances where the culture can be challenged but in any passion in life, there are always setbacks...

It's not about the challenges... it's about how you overcome them.

Rave culture, PLUR and GSC are places to help push people to overcome the challenges that are presented to us and I will forever be a supporter of the culture and how it's saved me from my turbulant life.

this site is truely my favorite online community.

I would be outcaste any where else.

Mr Gs.c ANd I ArE 1

thank 2 it's members and Staff

ill tell you what...

im a true interweb whore...i play many many videogames...i spend equal amounts of time online as a do just about anything else

and the one thing i have seen from gsc is this:

The community is not a regular online community, it is special. Granted some of us on here use drugs...and this helps maintain the Love here...

but more importantly: The community is about learning and teaching. Poiest and glowstickers alike, all enjoy their art, their talents. In most things, take magic for example, when a new trick is discovered and understood, the developer usually keeps it to himself for as long as possible to have people respect HIS art more. Well with GSC its the opposite, people share all their knowledge in hopes of having more people understand and respect the ART as a whole.

It took me a while to start becoming an avid GSC member, and once i started reading all the threads...i realized...this is a great place to be, i can learn and teach all of the tricks i can imagine....AND i can bring real life issues on here and get honest, serious responses...as long as it isn't somthing no one wants to hear

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE...I'LL BE AROUND FOR A LONG WHILEEEEE

i love the gsc for the fact there is so much that i have learned about the comunity and i sure do love that fact that there is a place people can come and learn