Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DreiHarteZero

College

107 posts in this topic

So, I just recieved a video message from the Cal poly San Luis Obispo staff welcoming me under Conditional Acceptance! And in October, I got conditional Acceptence from San Jose State University.

So, College, Discuss, please!

ive been accepted to UCR, CSUN, CSUSB, San diego state, san francisco state.

im waiting to hear from UCSB, UCI, UCSD, CSULB.

top choice is cal state long beach (major in fashion). i would go to FIDM but they cost more than USC. if i dont get into CSULB then im going to UCR for 2 years, maybe living at home to save money, and transferring to long beach.

but i applied to all these schools as a theatre/english major

Awesome! UCR wants me to amend my application because they say that I'm accepted if I resubmit my App and they'll cover the fee. Should I do it?

And I'm waiting from UCSB.

XD, Allouette, if we both got into UCSB, we could hang out?

Ah, the things I'm willing to do to another man to move to california...

University of Idaho here. Place is lame. Wanna trade?

Ah, the things I'm willing to do to another man to move to california...

University of Idaho here. Place is lame. Wanna trade?

XD, Dude, DHZ wouldn't mind having you out here. But no, Idaho does not appeal to DHZ. That, and DHZ has a GF here in Cali, and she would kill both DHZ and Biomecca if DHZ leaves Cali.

XD, Third person = fun

only problem is ucsb doesnt have a fashion major. the only places that do are csun and csulb. im gonna go tour csun tomorrow. and ucsb is so far from larky =( its his dream school. he wants to transfer there. if he transfered there and i went there for 2 years it would work out! id get my 2 first years, hed do is 2 last years and hed be done, then we could both go down to long beach to finish out my schooling and live happily ever after! YAY!

That sounds like an awesome plan. My GF is going to do 2 yrs at a local CC, then a year of Americorps, and then 2 more at a UC while I do my Five year run for Software Engeneering Major.

fasion majors have a ton of networking so if u go to fidm or csulb you leave with a job because they hook you up with internships when youre a student. and im gonna be the next hot shit!

but i also am really smart so im double majoring in fashion and business so i dont get screwed over. i have a 3.8 unweighted, 2020 sat without studying so i have no doubt ill find a job and make something of myself.

: Hiudes from Alouette's numbers: I had an 1830 combined with some studying and a 3.44 unweighted before last semester's A fest

DHZ where do u want to go?

what r u gonna major in?

and of course do the UCR thing. =] if theyre paying i dont see why not! my friend elements goes there and so does headspinn. they should both be at the beach thing on the 28th

basically 1/6th of my senior class goes to csulb now.

I go to cypress community (=

No plans, don't know what I'm going to do.

I was going to pursue a major in music but I change my mind.....

maybe culinary arts......... or hotel management.....or..... shit I don't know.

Oh yea, I think Im xferring to CSFullerton.

Cool. i'll need to talk to my acedemic adviosr, but here's hoping.

I'm actually going back and forthe between al my schools:

I want to work with computers. Computer Science/Software Engeneering. I want to pretty much build a computer, write my own programs, and have the business knowledge to market it. SO most likely a double major and a minor. It parrellel's a dubMaj at UCR in Computer Science and Computer business.

SJSU:

Pros: It's in the middle of Sillicon Valley, cheap, "Associated Board of Electricians and Tenchicians" accerdited, and has what I wanted to do, and lots of internships.

Cons: Far from my GF

UCSB:

Pros: ABET, beautiful, and I have a few connections round there

Cons: Far from GF, but not as far, and Expensive

UCR: I don't like the area, but the campus is beautiful. I want to be able to go to Mission viejo though to see my GF, so this is the cloestest four year I like

Calpolly Slo: Greats chool, learns by doing, and has a great program that is amazing to get into. Stillf ar from my GF though.

If you can't tell, she means a lot to me.

look into the metro link. seriously my sister would come down from UCSB once a month on the trains
Yeah, i know. When it comes closer to chosing where I want to go I will. Letters of intent don't need to be sent until may 1st, so I'm going to see how much money I get before I commit. or I might commit to multiple schools, see which one has the most money left over and go there.

@ Bio: I'm sorry. Seriously, I am.

University of Wisconsin Eau Claire :P no big name schools for me, but one of the better ones for the UW schools

Hrm I dont know as of yet where I'm going to go hoping San Los Abisbo... it's spelled sorta like that I think.

But I hope to become an architect, most liekly start off with community college then transfer there.

I have a while to wait though so I shouldn't worry haha

*san luis obispo

same plays that DHZ was tlaking about =]

its nice up there. the town is awesome and the only bowling ally is actually at cal poly SLO. they have a good architecture program and cows. =] yay for cows.

My Alma Mater is Mount Holyoke College (in western MA). Graduated in the past December with a BA in Chemistry and a minor in studio art (my GPA is a joke. I'm 0.001 points away from graduating with the lowest honors without a thesis. I think the universe kind of hates me?)

Was accepted to Smith, UMass Amherst and University of MD CP when I applied to colleges. Ivy leagues rejected me :D

College was interesting, to say the least. I'm glad I got out before a lot of places went into hiring freezes.

i'm probably gonna go to college for photography ?

hopefully Cal State Fullerton has photography ^_____^, then me and my bro can both slack off at school together :D

Im a Junior in High school so I have time B)

But I want to get into Software Engineering / Game Development and Design. I'm look at some colleges right now like RIT and DePaul as well as some others.