Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peruvian_martian

Useless information

39 posts in this topic

So yeah, while at work, I just realized that I know too much useless information. Let me explain, my current occupation is a phone customer service rep. that handles technical support/billing support for TV service (not going to say if it's Satalite or Cable, or which company, or which region). As a result of this, I constintly am learning new things about the way things work. I just realized though that the amount that I know is absurd, and really it's pointless, useless information that's not going to help me anywhere except for my job. I mean, really, it's information that I won't be able to take anywhere else, not even up the coorperate ladder. The skills I am building will be(you have got to be PATIENT, and actually really articulate to do this, along with having good typing skills), but still.

Anyways, just had to get that out. Going insane cause of it.

Anyone else know useless information due to their job/life?

Guest Child.ISH

because of hours watching food network I know that bittersweet chocolate is better suited for baking then dark or milk o.o

I haven't worked at Wendy's (fast food joint) in almost 3 years. And I would need only minimal refreshing in order to become a manager.

I know tons of useless information. I make it my life's calling :P

Now if only we could get paid to know as much useless info as we know.

BTW, Linz, as I said over AIM the other day, check out "Dead Like Me", it's on SciFi on Tuesdays at 7 and 8pm

I know about 22 different types of bagels, the proper ways to cut and assemble sandwiches from them and why they are extremely expenisive.

Now I work at Rubios and I learned the our food is very lard and MSG free and I like it SOOO much better.

No more bagel dreams = :)

As my friend Sabrina told me, that I was officially "a Rubi-ho" lol.

-RG

Guest Child.ISH

Mmm :] RG can you make me a bagel with cream chese half an inch thick?! =D!!

Umm, heres some useless information for you all, preheating my oven takes longer than the actual baking time for breadsticks. 1 hour total, 13 minutes actual baking time, about 40 minutes for the preheat light to be ready. ><;

Now if only we could get paid to know as much useless info as we know.

BTW, Linz, as I said over AIM the other day, check out "Dead Like Me", it's on SciFi on Tuesdays at 7 and 8pm

I don't have TV, but I'll try to find it on the vast expanse of the intrawebs.

here's some useless information

when I was a kid, my step mom made me cook dinner once a week (yeah, she was a bitch), so I always kind of saw cooking as evil and would just make pastas and stuff. I recently bought a cookbook and realised that thecookbok is POWER! it has all recipes. I mean...I wouldn't even have to buy bread, I could MAKE bread. truly amazing.

due to boredom at university and my weird love of drinking juice at uni.. by reading the "liddle facts" under the bottle cap.

i have learnt. that a pig's orgasm can last up to half an hour.

theres some weird, gross. but somewhat useless information.

From working fast food: I could tell you the 'technical' weights of every item on taco bells menu, the cost of each item before/after tax(for this region at least), and judging by our business I could tell you wether CSU was in session that night or not....(colo stat univ)

..From being a mall rat:

- Tweens are very easily amused by glow in the dark mini golf courses

- Arcade employees are only dicks if you're a dick first

- how many jelly beans you can get for $5

...and for the actuall "random facts"

- a game was invented in [insert some year ago here that i'm too lazy to look up]. Gentleman Only Ladies Forbidden. And thus GOLF Came to be.

- it is physically impossible to lick your elbow.

- Coke was originally green

and many others from an email that I can't find...

oh...and over 75% of the people that read that will try to lick their elbows. (I'm serious!) ^.^

I played Everquest for 8 years... I leveled up over 7 characters to the end game... I know a retarded amount of history about a useless fucking video game.

I 'spose all this wine and liquor knowledge will come to good use later in real life.. but for now it's letting me be an awesome salesperson and help me climb my way up the liquor corporate ladder. Although i make the best drinks since i know the finest booze.

if our brains have a storage capacity of then i FEAR of maxing out my hard-drive. Wish i could delete some shit... Let me learn more stuff.

You would be surprised how much information the human mind can hold and be happy for your ability to hold onto knowledge. Once you loose that, you will have lost a large portion of your Self.

i agree...but lemme say that the older you get & the more you get yourself into, the more useless info you obtain...though it may seem pointless, i keep telling myself..."this is all for a reason, pay attention, learn as much as you can, you might use it someday," that's what keeps me going... :wacko:

one bedroom, one bathroom, living room, kitchen. It's actually fairly spacious and ground floor. No one above or below me, so it's nice. I also have a lot of windows, which i like.