Sign in to follow this  
Rage

Gloves Technique Tutorials

61 posts in this topic

bump, as there have been a lot of questions about gloving recently that this thread may solve.

bump, as there have been a lot of questions about gloving recently that this thread may solve.

Not to be a dick or anything but your tutorial videos are the laughing stock of anyone who is half way decent at gloving. If you really want to learn, watch people who are good and practice the moves you see.

If you want to see some of my friends who have been gloving since the beginning pretty much check out this video and what they can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_W7JHzOu4

Not to be a dick or anything but your tutorial videos are the laughing stock of anyone who is half way decent at gloving. If you really want to learn, watch people who are good and practice the moves you see.

If you want to see some of my friends who have been gloving since the beginning pretty much check out this video and what they can do.

OMG ITS THE REAL NITRO

yea thats it o_O

Yeah I'm not a dumbass, I know. I honestly don't really care, I've stopped doing this shit a long ass time ago.

Do you think I don't get notifications that say how I suck/should do this/etc every day via gmail?

My favorite part is people talk about how I suck, but when I challenge them to put something up, they pussy out and never do. Actually I think somebody finally made some tutorials...took somebody long enough to put up something.

After doing gloves for a while, I believe that you need almost no skill to be passable. Lightshows are meant for people who are high off of X, it doesn't take much to blow somebody's mind.

Gloving is not an art form. It's a fun way to pass the time though.

Edited by Rage

btw, been watching your tutorials for a while, not much a glove person, but i practice the things you talk about in the first tutorial, great stuff =D

Yeah I'm not a dumbass, I know. I honestly don't really care, I've stopped doing this shit a long ass time ago.

Do you think I don't get notifications that say how I suck/should do this/etc every day via gmail?

My favorite part is people talk about how I suck, but when I challenge them to put something up, they pussy out and never do. Actually I think somebody finally made some tutorials...took somebody long enough to put up something.

After doing gloves for a while, I believe that you need almost no skill to be passable. Lightshows are meant for people who are high off of X, it doesn't take much to blow somebody's mind.

Gloving is not an art form. It's a fun way to pass the time though.

Saying its not an art form is a very dumb thing to say. The only reason I give you a tiny bit of respect is because your a fellow fire spinner and aren't bad.

The people I glove with half the time aren't even rolling, and getting the show just to appreciate the persons styles, moves, etc.

Lightshow Artist? Ever heard that phrase? Each week kids are constantly bringing new creative shit to the table that is super technical and takes a great deal of practice just like poi or freehanding. Its obvious that the farthest you ever took it was waving your fingers wildly in every direction to people that jammed 10 pills down their throats and would think a fuckin flash light in their eyes is cool.

Oh and to afro-nitro...did i meet you at the yard in SD awhile back??

I've seen many people using gloves in person and on video and a lot of the shit they do is not very technical to be honest. Finger rolls and liquid can be learned fairly quickly making it look clean takes a little bit more time but in terms of difficulty its not that hard.

Now this is what I call technical.

If I where to ever use gloves I would just do some dirty technical finger tutting. I have yet to see a glover who is really good at that and I also wouldnt look the same as all the other glovers that do simple shaking motions with there hands and figure 8s.

Now im not completely bashing gloving because I do think it has potential I just don't think enough people are thinking outside the box. Like when I watch glovers I really haven't seen anyone stand out from the rest. Like everyone that I see use gloves it seems as though all they think about is what move there gonna do next(to fuck people up or that looks trippy) and not playing off the music. Art is supposed to be a form of SELF EXPRESSION I don't see many glovers doing that.

Saying its not an art form is a very dumb thing to say. The only reason I give you a tiny bit of respect is because your a fellow fire spinner and aren't bad.

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/Lightshows-t19810.html

I would recommend you read this topic first to understand where I'm coming from. I'm glad that you have a tiny bit of respect for me?

The people I glove with half the time aren't even rolling, and getting the show just to appreciate the persons styles, moves, etc.

I'm not talking about people who you glove with. Of course your peers are more conscious of what you're doing and can break it down technically. That's why my tutorials are not well received. They aren't advanced or anything, they're meant to give people who have NO IDEA what the hell gloving is a place to start.

It just shows that the "gloving community" is made up of a bunch of self-centered brats who feel like they're better then everyone else. Nobody teaches each other. It's just some huge competition.

Getting back on point, however, aren't the people that you are GIVING lightshows to rolling? This activity would not exist without drugs. Because of that, this is not an art form. It's a way of having fun by trying to make e-tards eyes roll into the back of their head. Which honestly, it's HELLA fun.

Lightshow Artist? Ever heard that phrase? Each week kids are constantly bringing new creative shit to the table that is super technical and takes a great deal of practice just like poi or freehanding. Its obvious that the farthest you ever took it was waving your fingers wildly in every direction to people that jammed 10 pills down their throats and would think a fuckin flash light in their eyes is cool.

I would love to see where this "gloving community" is, because the reality is a lot of people have not found it. To really appreciate a lightshow, the person watching needs to be on drugs. There's no performing; the whole concept is to see how much you can fuck up some person rolling. I'm starting to repeat myself now, so i'm going to drop this point.

To answer your question, I have not heard of a lightshow artist before. That's a pretty funny thing though, LOL. Reminds me of how in LA there's these people called the "lords of light."

I honestly think that there are NOT people bringing new shit to the table every week and whatnot. Sure there are the big names, teardrop/etc., but when they are giving a lightshow, what is the purpose of it? It's not to 'show how amazing to the gloving community they are'. It's to blow the mind of some guy rolling.

That is why there were no tutorials before mine. The gloving community is centered around competition.

Sure, some things are technical. Separating your ring finger from your pinky finger is probably the toughest thing you have to do. Motor skills, yeah I know. But nobody getting a lightshow cares.

---

Going back to the subject of difficulty, there is NO MOVE that takes longer than 1 week to learn.

An orbital when stringing? that shit will take you forever....

Edited by Rage

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/Lightshows-t19810.html

I would recommend you read this topic first to understand where I'm coming from. I'm glad that you have a tiny bit of respect for me?

I'm not talking about people who you glove with. Of course your peers are more conscious of what you're doing and can break it down technically. That's why my tutorials are not well received. They aren't advanced or anything, they're meant to give people who have NO IDEA what the hell gloving is a place to start.

It just shows that the "gloving community" is made up of a bunch of self-centered brats who feel like they're better then everyone else. Nobody teaches each other. It's just some huge competition.

Getting back on point, however, aren't the people that you are GIVING lightshows to rolling? This activity would not exist without drugs. Because of that, this is not an art form. It's a way of having fun by trying to make e-tards eyes roll into the back of their head. Which honestly, it's HELLA fun.

I would love to see where this "gloving community" is, because the reality is a lot of people have not found it. To really appreciate a lightshow, the person watching needs to be on drugs. There's no performing; the whole concept is to see how much you can fuck up some person rolling. I'm starting to repeat myself now, so i'm going to drop this point.

To answer your question, I have not heard of a lightshow artist before. That's a pretty funny thing though, LOL. Reminds me of how in LA there's these people called the "lords of light."

I honestly think that there are NOT people bringing new shit to the table every week and whatnot. Sure there are the big names, teardrop/etc., but when they are giving a lightshow, what is the purpose of it? It's not to 'show how amazing to the gloving community they are'. It's to blow the mind of some guy rolling.

That is why there were no tutorials before mine. The gloving community is centered around competition.

Sure, some things are technical. Separating your ring finger from your pinky finger is probably the toughest thing you have to do. Motor skills, yeah I know. But nobody getting a lightshow cares.

---

Going back to the subject of difficulty, there is NO MOVE that takes longer than 1 week to learn.

An orbital when stringing? that shit will take you forever....

Alright first off, sorry bout coming off like an ass lol. Usually not like that had a rough morning.

Anyways, I totally agree with you on the face that there are a thousand kids running around with a glove set or some inovas that have literally no idea what a finger roll or tutting or anything of that nature is.

Your first two tutorials were alright for the beginners not knowing where to start. The third one got a bit out there when you started saying to clack together your lights during a climax :wacko:

And yes LoL, Lords of Lights is one of the many crews (most of whom I am friends with) where you will find kids trying to better their shows and practicing more and more creative moves to incorporate into the shows every week. PM (Puppet Masters) is another.

The crews are not there to "battle" and everyone in all the crews gets along and a lot of the times will give shows with and too members from other crews just to get feedback on how to become better.

As far as self-centeredness goes, I have to agree. Most of the gloving community (that is decent) will scoff and laugh at the noobs trying to frantically wave photons around. But hey thats LA for ya, everyones trying to be a fuckin "rave"star. Doesn't mean if someone actually comes to us and shows interest in becoming better that we would be like fuck off. Obviously we want to teach others, you just gotta show some actual interest.

Sadly you are right about most kids rolling balls getting a lightshow not caring. Most fucked up kids don't notice any difference between an amazing glove artist and an average. Thats why a lot of the times it ends up being all the crews giving shows to each other because we appreciate the artform and what it is developing into.

Lastly, gloving really hasn't even been popular for a little over a year. Think back to how stringing was when it started (not that I was around) but it sounds very similar to how gloving is now.

As far as stringing goes, well I don't believe I have ever spent more than a week trying to learn a move that I actually practice everyday.

I read the post from lira on the other thread and loved what he said here because I couldn't agree more.

"I'd like to see lightshows develop to a point I think we've reached with sticking, especially freehand-- where people develop complex individual styles so that you can't say "oh, this person is better than this one" because even when you're 'showing off', you can't put another style of the same level down simply for being different."

Anyways I would love to meet you at a rave and introduce you to the gloving community if you are truly interested. Im sure we could get down on some stringing together as well.

Oh and if you want to see more kids that truly take this as an artform, I included some of my fav videos.

My friend Avant. very original style, and great flow with the music

Clockwork - Crazy tutting mixed in w his style for ya adub

(cant figure out the youtube codes so heres a link : /)

Edited by Nitro

wow, amazing info. There is also a resource which breaks down the different gloving moves by explanation, video tutorials and even some gifs. There are a lot of gloving moves and learning them one at a time and then stacking them and developing flow is so key. Here is the site, its really good http://www.glowpartygloving.com/gloving/gloving-moves-some-of-the-best-gloving-moves/

Vids are beautiful.