Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dier

Glo Sticking video game

Help us make this game great.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in a glow sticking game?

• Glow sticks
    • micro lights
    • poi sticks
    • Light gloves

140 posts in this topic

The game should be on the wii :P <-- not sure if that statement hasn't already been made yet.

It's one thing to call the game stupid or disrespectful to glowsticking or anything along that line....

But to call it gay is pretty damn stupid because it's giving the idea that the game is gay and hey, being gay is bad, because the game is bad, right? So gay people must be bad, or stupid, or cheesy as well, right?

Call it anything but gay. It's disrespectful on so many levels. I seriously cant stand it when people call things gay.

I respect what you said 110% but in our day and age with adolescents as they are, don't really mean "thats gay" as it pertaining to the orientation of someone. Its just become a sort of homophone, if you will. Like when I call people a nigga, I don't mean it as pertaining to the people and their history, I'm just saying nigga just cause I like the way that sounds and people get the point that I'm directing my talk to them. For instance if I don't really agree with someone I'll be like "nigggaaaaaaa nahh " or something stupid like that. Calling something gay has just turned into this kind of "slang" where it means a bad thing. I'm pretty sure ZiNXTeC wasn't talking about homosexuals in anyway and probably doesn't mean to offend anyone. And I'm sure he won't say thats gay around you in anymore and thats good but I'm just saying "thats gay" doesn't pertain to the homosexuals as much anymore. Sucks that our society has done that to the word GAY and NIGGA(plus its other forms) because those words are quite fun to say IMO :P

I respect what you said 110% but in our day and age with adolescents as they are, don't really mean "thats gay" as it pertaining to the orientation of someone. Its just become a sort of homophone, if you will. Like when I call people a nigga, I don't mean it as pertaining to the people and their history, I'm just saying nigga just cause I like the way that sounds and people get the point that I'm directing my talk to them. For instance if I don't really agree with someone I'll be like "nigggaaaaaaa nahh " or something stupid like that. Calling something gay has just turned into this kind of "slang" where it means a bad thing. I'm pretty sure ZiNXTeC wasn't talking about homosexuals in anyway and probably doesn't mean to offend anyone. And I'm sure he won't say thats gay around you in anymore and thats good but I'm just saying "thats gay" doesn't pertain to the homosexuals as much anymore. Sucks that our society has done that to the word GAY and NIGGA(plus its other forms) because those words are quite fun to say IMO :P

Actually, "gay" is a term that I'd say the majority of gay people identify by so to say that it's ok to use the word interchangeably with "stupid" or "wrong" is extremely ignorant.

EDIT: anyway, I think NeoMeeko just meant it to be an aside. I don't want to derail this.

I'm still really new to gs.c, but i agree with the culture very much.

My first though was that people would learn how to play the game, but not how to glowstick. It would be like guitar hero and playing the guitar. There are 9 year old kids who can annihilate expert songs on guitar hero, but you hand them a real guitar and they will give you a dumb-founded look.

My main thought though was the fact that you have tosses in the game. That's REALLY REALLY bawlzy They have already had recalls on the wii wrist straps and added many things to make them remain in your hands. Adding in tosses and strings (not sure if that was a plan kinda skimmed through) with a heavy wii remote is crazy. TVs will be breaking left and right, moms and dads will be blaming your game.

I truly don't think this game will make it anywhere because of that aspect, finding sponsors who won't think of that when considering paying money into a game will be really hard, and making a realistic game without the strings or tosses would be impossible. So you're either going to have to worry about the legal responsibilities of seperating the body from the remote, or worry about the realisticness of the game you are going to make.

The game should be on the wii :P <-- not sure if that statement hasn't already been made yet.

FAIL.jpg

Read everything...

Actually, "gay" is a term that I'd say the majority of gay people identify by so to say that it's ok to use the word interchangeably with "stupid" or "wrong" is extremely ignorant.

EDIT: anyway, I think NeoMeeko just meant it to be an aside. I don't want to derail this.

Thats what I meant... thats totally the reason I hate people using the word gay to mean stupid. And Nigga/nigger/nicca/whatever variants people use, I also think is highly ignorant.

Anyways.... thats all.

And for the life of me I cant remember where else online I saw the advertisement for the game.... but I saw it and now I forgot where. Damn.

anyways... a bit off topic for a while there... hey adrillf, any news on this???

Yeah its weird. When the game was first announced they were constantly on this board, but I havent heard anything on this in a long time. I guess thats a good thing.

yeah, it seemed like they were pretty set on still doing the game (seeing that they've already got a clip of it on their website); i was thinking that maybe adrillf found out any more info, or got to talk to them maybe...

anyways... a bit off topic for a while there... hey adrillf, any news on this???

I haven't heard a single thing about this. I haven't recieved any emails, I haven't gotten a single phone call. As far as I can understand they haven't even gotten my emails because they haven't even shown any sign of that.

As far as I can understand, the project is still going considering that websites and what not are still going, but I don't believe that it was really any sort of sucsess so far.

Yet again to the producers of this, if you are reading this, please get in touch with me, my email is Adrillf@glowsticking.com and I would love to talk to you about this game that you have in production.

I highly doubt that this will be made into a official game. If you look at Nintendo's Authorized developer requirements they require quite a bit.

Developer Qualifications: An Authorized Developer will have demonstrated the ability to develop and program excellent software for Nintendo video game systems or for other game platforms. In addition, an Authorized Developer will have a stable business organization with secure office facilities separate from a personal residence ( Home offices do not meet this requirement ), sufficient resources to insure the security of Nintendo confidential information and in order to ensure an effective environment for working with Nintendo and/or its Publishers. Nintendo provides Authorized Developers with highly confidential information and many of Nintendo's Publishers also rely on recommendations and referrals to Authorized Developers. For these reasons, Nintendo exercises a very high level of care in evaluating Authorized Developers.
( http://www.warioworld.com/apply/ )

It is unlikely that the fit all of these requirements not to mention the past experience / success that Nintendo requires. Besides that the standard 'raves = drugs' concept apply to this, if the game was to ever come out you can be sure a lot of media would spew that nonsense around. Furthermore the need to toss, or do a toss like movement would bring the wrath of lawyers down upon the game and is a main reason I don't believe Nintendo will even entertain the idea of this game.

AND after all of that they still will have to find someone to publish this game, unless they decide to go for wiiware. With the video they have shown I don't see that even a possibility.

(NOTE: these comments are coming from someone who has tryed to get a developer license.. without success =( )

stumbled upon this topic, went to the video, and found this:

Mar 4, 2010 2:24 PM

You must be logged-in to do that! Do you wish to login?

The iGlow­down video game is NOW avail­able for iPhone and iPod touch! Grab it from iTunes, search "iGlow­down"

-​​GloME Team

iglow­down.­com

­glomein­ter­ac­tive.­com

So, i searched "iGlowdown" and came across the ownload page:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iglowdown/id354955022?mt=8

=[

*edit* heh this topic is from 2008, rofl