Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dier

Glo Sticking video game

Help us make this game great.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in a glow sticking game?

• Glow sticks
    • micro lights
    • poi sticks
    • Light gloves

140 posts in this topic

ok for this game the only epic part is if you had to crack glowsticks, you had to crack your wiimote which would = epic win

rofl

Agreed!

[0010]Glow sticking and stringing have become very popular at youth dances. Thus, many youth desire to know how to perform the art form well. Learning the art, however, can take considerable practice and teaching to obtain correct hand movements and to achieve the desired optical effect.

[0011]One challenge with glow sticking is that it is difficult for an individual to simultaneously perform the hand movements necessary and to watch to see how well the optical effect is being created. Thus, there is a need for a way for individuals to more easily observe their own dance movements when practicing or learning new dance moves. Additionally, persons often will observe new dance moves when these moves are performed at a dance by another person. The observer will desire to learn these moves, but may not adequately remember the move and will often not know how the move was performed. There is a need for a device which can help people learn desired dance moves and techniques as well as practice the dance moves.

[0048]The game may even be used with highly accomplished dancers to see how well they can match the moves of the machine. Thus, dance clubs could have glow sticking competitions to see who can get the highest score. If the lights 26 are made in a similar appearance to a glow stick, the audience may watch numerous performers and then be informed their scoring according to the game to see if the best looking performance actually achieved the highest score.

[0049]In such a manner, the present invention provides both entertainment and social interacting in conjunction with practice. The increased activity may also have health benefits for young people who otherwise do not get adequate exercise.

:poo: :poo: :poo:

i'll post something intelligent in a few days when my brain stop hurting from their lack of punctuation and other general idiocy...

who is dave

scary_guy.jpg

thats a dave.

please dont kill me

ugh .... daves either gonna just laugh at this whole video game idea and call it a day or really flip out.

Another thing, since they have the names of the "moves" ... I'm going to go ahead and assume that they scouted our site, spent time here, learned what they needed for their "game" and bounced.

someone should just compile a list of quotes from the competition videos, and email it to the peoples making this, with links, and page numbers

scary_guy.jpg

thats a dave.

please dont kill me

Still laughing xD

Whats sad though is when i actually saw this

http://glomeinteractive.com/

=(......its real not hax?

it's gonna flop. it has 0 chance of commercial success. from the looks of it, does it even look like a GOOD glowsticking competition game? haha no.

but what's completely sad is they used all of our terminology for our freehand, for example, heli toss, hand stall, etc etc etc.

the problem with the game is that really bad glowstickers designed it, and by nature it just sucks.

the problem with the game is that really bad glowstickers designed it, and by nature it just sucks.

:icon_clap:

Hi my name Is Rick Gleason I am vice president of Glo Me Interactive and the pictures are concepts as well as the videos we love the glow sticking community and have dreamed about making a game as much as i'm sure most of you have and we do plan on studying the moves as well as how best to integrate all the many styles people have created including poi and liquid.

Feel free to leave your ideas for us and we will check back periodically to communicate with the community and tell you how development is going.

We appreciated your feed back and we know that any game in a concept level is going to need a lot of polishing and we will have a game that everyone will enjoy and appreciate I am sure of that because we demand excellence as much as you do and we want a game that people will want to play and interact with each other.

Like minded people from the beginner glow sticker to the advanced and creative masters of the art will find things that can and will enhance their enjoyment of the community.

We have also set up a myspace page at www.myspace.com/glomeinteractive this site will be updated often.

Thank you again :)

Rick Gleason

Hi my name Is Rick Gleason I am vice president of Glo Me Interactive and the pictures are concepts as well as the videos we love the glow sticking community and have dreamed about making a game as much as i'm sure most of you have and we do plan on studying the moves as well as how best to integrate all the many styles people have created including poi and liquid.

Feel free to leave your ideas for us and we will check back periodically to communicate with the community and tell you how development is going.

We appreciated your feed back and we know that any game in a concept level is going to need a lot of polishing and we will have a game that everyone will enjoy and appreciate I am sure of that because we demand excellence as much as you do and we want a game that people will want to play and interact with each other.

Like minded people from the beginner glow sticker to the advanced and creative masters of the art will find things that can and will enhance their enjoyment of the community.

We have also set up a myspace page at www.myspace.com/glomeinteractive this site will be updated often.

Thank you again :)

Rick Gleason

Dear Rick,

Thank you for contacting glowsticking.com and introducing yourself.

From your post, It seems to me that you did not read this thread from the beginning.

We are happy that you do enjoy and appreciate the glowsticking style, but im not so sure if you truly understand our culture.

Before i reply to this, I do ask that you read these posts that were created by the owner and admin of glowsticking.com, CynicDave.

GSC Culture

Now please read this post, created by one of our admin, Cleric.

The GSC Motto

It may seem harsh, but this is what we follow as being a part of glowsticking.com. All of us members have read this, and understand this.

The biggest point that we push around here is a a no battling stance. We are against competitions, crews, and any form of battling. Members who have been apart of, or competed in a battle at an event has been either suspended, or banned.

We do not allow battling due to a few factors.

one, competitions are ultimatly stating that there is only one person who is the best, while the rest have failed. We do not want anyone to feel that they have "failed" or that someone is better than them. We treat everyone on this site equal, and with open arms. We encourage everyone to learn new moves and practice, with the help of tutorials, communicating, and even meetups and glowshops.

two, Battling and Crews can create hostility. The best way to give an example is in the hip hop culture. Crews that form are going against another to fight, rather than to help each other. sometimes a battle can go out of hand, and can cost lives. I am not saying that this only happens within the hip hop scene, but its the onyl way i can currently think of to give an example.

three, glowsticking was born from within the rave scene. Since your company has in interest in glowsticking, i imagine that you or your employees have attended a rave or an EDM event. Raves are to bring people to gether, and to give and expand a positive vibe. its what makes the rave scene so special and unique. Our moral code is based upon creating an atmosphere of peace, love, unity and respect, which we follow both at an event and in our daily lives. To see a part of the rave scene turn negative is very harmful, as the rave scene is not as strong as it was before.

We are not saying that you guys are bad people for making a video game about us, in fact some may be flattered that you want to share with the world our creative art. but that fact that we do not expose ourselves to the mass, is what makes us so unique. Many people who do not understand the rave scene, sees glowsticking as a waste of time, immature, and connect us with drug usage that occurs at raves.

To alot of people, glowsticking is a fad, to which they only last a month or so.

to us, glowsticking is a lifestyle.

To me, a glowstick represents my life, my aura, my personality and my soul. Its so small in such a large place, that it can sometimes be scary. but when the glowstick is cracked, I become alive, bright and strong in the dark world. Its how I tell the world that I am here, and that like this glowstick in my hand, I am full of Life and strong.

If you want to create this game, we cannot physically stop you from launching this game. But if you truly love what we do and respect our culture, I personally ask that this game to not be released.

Thank you very much Rick for reading this.

Sincerely, Jonathan F.

AKA 'Trance - Rckr'

Hi I'm Rick Gleason Vice president of Glo Me Interactive and we are developing a video game based upon glow sticking and poi with liquid and other styles being worked on .

I would love to see you guys at some of our sponsored events I am a concert events producer as well as a long time glow sticker and I am really excited to finally get a game up and going that has to do with one of my favorite passions and that is getting together at concerts and clubs and dancing with my friends and sitting down and taking in all the beautiful artistic styles that you the community have developed.

As time goes on I will be more than happy to give you updates on the game and I am looking forward to having you as the community help me in scoring the degrees of difficulty and mastery of different styles and maneuvers that people have.

Please understand this game is in early development and we love and respect the gs.c and want to have you help us make it a game that everyone will embrace.

This is a game that will have the ability to have the community interact in ways that have been hard for alot of the community such as finding the time to come together for certain areas of the nation but now imagine being able to just kick it back at your pad and log in and have your buddy in another country let alone down the street show you what he has learned and then in turn you could show him what you have been working on.

The points system is still in alpha and will be until we find a way to make it uni formally accepted as what different combo's level of difficulty can fully be understood and so we will be holding shows all over the nation to get the community as a whole more aware of our game and opportunity to interact with each other on or off the dance floor.

In your home or at an event this game will be a great way for people to come together and enjoy something that we all love.

Feel free to email me at rick@glomeinteractive.com

Rick Gleason

Vice President Glo Me Interactive biggrin2.gif

What platform are you planning to run this game on?

What target market are you trying to attract?

How many employees will be working on this game?

What makes you qualified to represent this culture?

Is this game going to be free?

If not, will it be p2p?

Are you planning on using a social networking type system to help players connect with each other?

Please explain what the gameplay will be like.

What platform are you planning to run this game on?

The Nintendo Wii will be the first platform because of the omni-directional wireless controllers are the closest thing so far in being able to mimic free hand expression.

What target market are you trying to attract?

We would love to be able to attract both young and old to this as everyone should have the opportunity to experience a game that has both health beneficial elements and also social aspects with the interactivity.

The musical aspect is going to be great as we add more dj's to the list of music providers in the game.

How many employees will be working on this game?

This will very depending on projects and deadlines for benchmarks but currently we have almost 20 employees on the payroll.

What makes you qualified to represent this culture?

This is a good question and I am happy to answer that I and those that I work with will be working very closely with veterans in the community and like good teachers one must be a good student and so I plan on attending as many of the events as I can and do all that I can to help the community both flourish and blossom because everyone deserves to be able to express themselves and have their chance to show others what they have learned and are currently capable of doing with some light in their hands.

Is this game going to be free?

No.

If not, will it be p2p?

Yes currently we are hard at work on the interactivity of the game as to make it so that players from all over the world can play with each other. Now granted as long as they have a wii lol.

Are you planning on using a social networking type system to help players connect with each other?

Please explain what the game play will be like.

Yes we are and I would love to indulge more into this but I will wait till I have some screen shots to show you and so look forward to future editions in your favorite game magazines as we will do some interviews as the months go by.

Thank you for your questions and I am very happy I could help you with some of them.

Happy new year and I hope this year is the best year yet for all of you.

Take care,

Rick Gleason

Glo Me Interactive

Rick@glomeinteractive.com

How long has Glo Me Interactive been around?

What has your company previously worked on?

What has your company previously finished?

Are you at this time working on any other projects?

Are you working with any other game producers/labels or companies in general?

Where is your company located?

Why is your website under construction?

Where can we find more information on your company?

Have you contacted any other groups/websites regarding this game?

How long has Glo Me Interactive been around?

We recently formed after all the patents were finished.

What has your company previously worked on?

We currently have members who have worked on other games such as Microsoft's Rise of Nations and other titles.

What has your company previously finished?

Under this company flag, this game is our first.

Are you at this time working on any other projects?

No currently we are devoting all available resources to this project so that we can make it the best game possible.

Are you working with any other game producers/labels or companies in general?

Yes and they will be talked about in more detail when we do our interviews.

Where is your company located?

We are located in Salt Lake City, Utah GO UTES baby undefeated again this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!! >< busted theBCS bowl rankings twice now. :)

Why is your website under construction?

Why is any website under construction? So it can get finished and shown off to those that wish to view it :)

Where can we find more information on your company?

In due time.

Thanks again for your questions and I loved answering them.

Rick Gleason

Glo Me Interactive

Which patents does your company currently own?

What are the patent numbers?

Which patents does your company currently own?

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser...;RS=20080234023

What are the patent numbers?

The above mentioned link should answer both of the previous questions.

Yes and we have a myspace page set up at www.myspace.com/glomeinteractive .

Thanks again for your inquires.

Rick Gleason

Glo Me Interactive

How are you going to create this game in a manner that shows that it isn't about battling and being better then the other players that counts.? That it's about self expresssion of the art and not about how good you are.

Are you already aware that none of them members of this site support that kind of behavior?

WoW...I had an inkling that this guy would pop up, but to do it in a thread where 99% of us bash the concept is ballsy.

I was going to respond, but following Trance would just make me look stupid...I give you a perfect score and a standing ovation Trance-Rckr.

sigh...now to go check on the other 5 posts he seems to have made in the last 4 hours...