Sign in to follow this  
melvenorc12

You know you're a stringer when...

217 posts in this topic

When... you spend twenty minutes trying to explain to someone what stringing is and finally get frustrated till you just hit them with your strings and exclaim,"that's what glowstringing is, that's what it's all about!"

LOLREX

TAKE THAT!!!

When... you spend twenty minutes trying to explain to someone what stringing is and finally get frustrated till you just hit them with your strings and exclaim,"that's what glowstringing is, that's what it's all about!"

"that hurt"

"Good i'm glad it hurts, that's your soul externalizing its pain, EMBRACE IT!"

"that hurt"

"Good i'm glad it hurts, that's your soul externalizing its pain, EMBRACE IT!"

When you string with the Wii Nunchucks...and don't actually play with the Wii

When your room smells like chemicals from all the deads

When you have fallen to the floor in pain at least 5 times when first trying to learn a butterfly (those were the days...)

When you're the only person you know that actually listens to trance

when you hit yourself in the face... over and over and over trying to learn the same move, but you're thinking to yourself that one day you'll get it xD

--- When you see something that costs $50 and all you can think is, "That's 50 glowsticks. That's too expensive.

--- After getting in trouble with the authorities, they ask for a demonstration.

--- A person has asked you what was on your mind and you said 'nothing' instead of, 'antispin isolated butterfly flowers'

--- When you hear the word butterfly, spiral, plane, or flower, you think of the move first and then the object.

---- You have a favorite color glowstick (blue and orange handles)

--- You have referenced a person to a youtube video while at school/work that is not of you spinning.

--- You have a favorite from the Chicago Comp Thanksgiving 2002. (Myron)

--- When vacationing you first plan to meet up with random strangers that you've only seen videos of, and you greet with a hug. (This is more of a gsc one, but still, it applies)

--- You have watched a certain scene from Kill Bill multiple times and the only thing that you can think of every time you watch it is, 'I need to learn how to do that'.

When you spend more on Shoelaces and glowsticks than it actually cost to get into the rave... which is everytime for me. 0.o

When you go into a shoe store and spend a half hour just looking at the different types of shoelaces.

When you can look down at someone's shoes and tell them exactly how much it would cost to replace their laces and what brand they need to look for.

When you try to free hand you accidentally send your glowsticks flying across the dance floor into someones face because you forgot they aren't attached to your hand

When you become the person everyone goes to to get things un-knotted or un-tangled, because you're the "pro"

when you have a string wrapped around your fingers and a dead stick in your palm, even if you have no intention of stringing in the near future, but simply because you have become so accustomed to the feeling that it has become something you cant go extended periods of time without. like when typing up an annotated bibliography for your senior project >.>

--- You have watched a certain scene from Kill Bill multiple times and the only thing that you can think of every time you watch it is, 'I need to learn how to do that'.

which one gets you??

personally, i would go with the scene with punching through boards from a finger length away.

and then there is the epic beard stroking part with Pai Mei. gotta learn how to do that

which one gets you??

personally, i would go with the scene with punching through boards from a finger length away.

and then there is the epic beard stroking part with Pai Mei. gotta learn how to do that

I think he was referring more to the girl with the ball and chain.

Ball and chain is the one I was refering to. The one inch punch is more of a thing for the, 'you know you want to be a kungfu master when. . . ' thread.

omg this is so true is freggin funny LOLOL

When somone tells you to hold something or a second, be it a cord, or a lanyard, or the other end of a string of christmas lights, and then they give you a weird look while they ask for it back, because you have started doing wrap combos with it.

When you're brushing your teeth with your strings still wrapped around your hands.

When you're eating at the dinner table with your strings still wrapped around you hands but you're too lazy to take them off.

When you're on the phone and can't help it.. lol

When you wake up and notice that you slept with your strings.

i was actually stringing while on the phone a hour ago : /, and i cant count how many times i have woken up with my strings and my ipod headphones wrapped around my neck -_-

when you borrow someone elses head phones to string with while your listening to your headphones^^

when the closest thing to you on the couch is not your strings but throw pillows and you start doing the weave with them :P

When you do shotguns during class.

When you do btb wraps with a towel you are supposed to hit the ref with to stop the match but you get bored and do them :3

When you can duowrap anything that is wrappable

When you put your dead sticks in your pocket before your glasses on your face after waking up.

When the headmistress of your school becomes so used to you stringing in the library she doesn't give a second look to you, just keeps walking.

When you string near friends and they either move according to what plane you're stringing on as not to get hit

When you string near friends and they leave an arm or a leg out so you can reverse your spin off of it whilst talking to you.

:3

When you string near friends and they either move according to what plane you're stringing on as not to get hit

When you string near friends and they leave an arm or a leg out so you can reverse your spin off of it whilst talking to you.

So many times.

when u stare at your computer thinking "hey i can use those l.e.d's".

when you get excited after watching a glowsticking compiliation and run outside at night with dead glowsticks then it takes u a FEW hits to the groin to relize maybe lighting is neccesary.

when you spin and get fustrated becuase it felt like you were trying for an hr but it was only 5 minuts

when after those 5 minutes and you think its an hour, you spin extra fast then hit yourself in the groin doing a very fast butterfly.

when your spinning sumthing on strings next to someone and dont think about how many times you probrably hit them

when your posting a reply on a forum topic on glowsticking.com called "you know you're a stringer when..."

:3

i think you about hit that one right on the head lol

when you can string while standing ontop of a moving car.....which i witnessed last weekend(they wasnt goin to fast but it was still kewl)....il see if i can tape him doing it again

when you your shoes are held on by duct tape cause the laces have better uses

when your parents refuse to let you buy anything but slipons and velcro