Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

282 posts in this topic

= THIS THREAD

i'm sorry this video is full of win and awesome, just like the movie

this thread is full of not win and not awsome, and it's not based in a movie

btw anyone who hasn't seen big trouble in little china definitely should >.>

To Azzie how can u say Elvin isnt passonaite about glowsticking and compare him to someone else. You most not know him very well then missy.

to madraverai you need to chill bra.. be a little nicer. cool = )

For those of you that say I'm just "kissing ass" to Dave and the Staff you're wrong. Everything I post is in direct relation to my feelings and opinions. For a long time I was a lurker and was a tad iffy on the ideals of Dave and the staff here...not because I disagreed, but because I didn't fully understand. I've lived a fairly shitty life for the past 4 months, and came to understand how this culture and community really is. I love so many members here...not because they are my close friends or they party with me, but because no matter what they offer kind words and advice with a level head. Even Cleric who I will often share kind sarcasm and witty comments took time to explain questions I had and offer advice.

So, no I am not just supporting Dave and staff just to get kudos. In reality, people's opinions of me mean nothing...because in the end I know I'm better than that. Just as I said in another post on the forums "I don't judge people". Even after I know people I still don't judge...and you'll tell me it is impossible to do such a thing because I'm human...and I tell you it is possible if you take the time to condition yourself.

I support Dave and the Staff because I know they are all intelligent individuals that took their time to discuss the situation before making snap judgements. As a person that was suspended in the past, I can tell you that this is just a short time that will be up before you know it. Don't let your personal feelings cloud your judgement for what is in violation of the rules. And, it wasn't just that he DJ'd at said event. Like I said earlier (and everyone else should have read and picked up on because I wasn't the first to reiterate it), he got in trouble because he didn't try to educate the events promoters of his stance on battling, and denied GS.c contact information so maybe they could talk to them about battling.

For those of you that say I'm just "kissing ass" to Dave and the Staff you're wrong. Everything I post is in direct relation to my feelings and opinions. For a long time I was a lurker and was a tad iffy on the ideals of Dave and the staff here...not because I disagreed, but because I didn't fully understand. I've lived a fairly shitty life for the past 4 months, and came to understand how this culture and community really is. I love so many members here...not because they are my close friends or they party with me, but because no matter what they offer kind words and advice with a level head. Even Cleric who I will often share kind sarcasm and witty comments took time to explain questions I had and offer advice.

So, no I am not just supporting Dave and staff just to get kudos. In reality, people's opinions of me mean nothing...because in the end I know I'm better than that. Just as I said in another post on the forums "I don't judge people". Even after I know people I still don't judge...and you'll tell me it is impossible to do such a thing because I'm human...and I tell you it is possible if you take the time to condition yourself.

I support Dave and the Staff because I know they are all intelligent individuals that took their time to discuss the situation before making snap judgements. As a person that was suspended in the past, I can tell you that this is just a short time that will be up before you know it. Don't let your personal feelings cloud your judgement for what is in violation of the rules. And, it wasn't just that he DJ'd at said event. Like I said earlier (and everyone else should have read and picked up on because I wasn't the first to reiterate it), he got in trouble because he didn't try to educate the events promoters of his stance on battling, and denied GS.c contact information so maybe they could talk to them about battling.

I support this argument fully. Really, it's not like this was completely on a whim. I said it before, I will say it again: the punishment fits the crime in both instances, the banning of nocturnal, and the suspending of jbX.

I just spent a little under an hour and a half reading this entire thread, post to post and page to page.

I don't have TOO much to say, considering a lot has been reiterated and the same posts/ideas/sentiments/what have you, have been driven so far into the fucking ground that saying it once more won't help a single one of you or change any of your thoughts. So i'm just going to rant a bit about what i've seen and been able to pull from your posts:

How dare you approach this site and have the gall, the AUDACITY, to insult Dave, Glowsticking.com, any member that has proven their worth, or any historical ideologies and beliefs that nearly a DECADE of Glowsticking culture has been founded on.

Do you know where this site came from? Who invented the Heli-toss? Who took the first fucking Cyalume out of the goddamn eagle claw? No. You don't. And maybe before you angrily jump to fast reply about how much of an asshole I am, you can read the rest of my sentiments.

Realize what you are doing and what you are becoming involved in, before you completely embarrass yourself and make some ass-backwards post, its not cute, its not funny, your e-love will not be missed or remembered. And just because you put some stupid fucking emoticon at the end of your post, it won't make up for what you convey through your WORDS.

Take thirty minutes and read up on some old threads, some pinned ones, and pretty much anything that looks important; that is, at least before you jump head first into hijacking our resources and abusing the culture that we have worked to build, create, share and PROTECT.

Let me educate you a little bit about where I'm coming from, and it might make this long, insulting post a little clearer.

Now, a lot of you I don't know or haven't spoken to in a while/ever. Lets set a few things straight. I dedicated a huge portion of my life to GSC that will never change and you will never know about because your membership with begin / die within this year. I will always come back no matter how far I stray, and I will always support the life-long members and those that are held with equal respect in their eyes. I'm writing my three semester long senior thesis about the current economic climate at the moment (which I am going to win the Nobel prize in Microeconomic theory for), and in case you haven't noticed, our economy is completely fucked, so it's taking up A LOT of my time. So don't give me shit about you having more posts then me, because I really don't care. I'm not staff. I won't ban you. And maybe thats a good thing.

First off, admit you don't know shit about the culture, you aren't interested in who the ultra gods are, or who Club Crib is, what is an Ultra Circle, or the evolution of freehand and stringing; you just want to know how to do it and how to be the coolest cat in the club when you crack those hi intensity Ultras. All in all, you're another guy who wants to get his dick wet for being cooler then every other prick at the party.

Second, have some god damn humility. Dave runs the site. He owns it, built it from the ground up, and has dedicated more time and care to it then you will ever commit to ANY ASPECT OF YOUR MISERABLE AND INEVITABLY DETERIORATING LIFE. I'm not jerking Dave, but I know exactly who I have respect for and why I do, honor your fucking elders and learn from them. Maybe for once you can shut that fucking hole on your face and actually listen to someone, and perhaps you'll utter something that will grant you the privilege of letting them listen to your words. I'll admit that over the 4+ years i've been a member on this site, there has been a few issues that me and Dave didn't agree on, but guess what, I refrained one god damn hour, maybe less, and actually read over his post, and I don't mean skim and bullshit like your doing your high school English homework, actually scholarly read to try and AT LEAST understand and comprehend his arguments. Trust me - people will take you way more seriously if you choose your words carefully.

Deal with it. This is Glowsticking.com, what it stands for and supports, and signing up for a membership carries with it certain conditions of the terms and use agreements, THAT GOD FORBID REQUIRE 5 MINUTES OF READING FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, and you need to learn to deal with this fact. Also deal with the fact that THE IDEALS OF THIS COMMUNITY CHANGE AND EVOLVE AS A WHOLE, INTEGRATING THE BEST INTENTIONS FOR GLOWSTICKING AS A RESPECTED ART/DANCE/HOBBY/CULTURE IN BOTH THE EYES OF THE WORLD AND OUR OWN.

We aren't asking you to change your life, or completely integrate Glowsticking into it. You do exactly how much you feel is necessary to demonstrate your love of the art. We know who the real members are, who is passing through because they misclicked their Google search for "COOL RAVE VIDEOS" and wound up here, and who is just generally disrespectful of our culture and is just a complete waste of everyones time.

On the other topic:

Rai is my fucking boy, so are the rest of my fellow committed members who I have been PRIVILEGED enough to have be a part of my life. So what, his personality is abrasive, fucking deal with it, acknowledge his post and move on with your life, don't cry about it. And yes, when you attack one of our own, we will swoop down on your ass with indiscriminate anger and lack of pity, and support our fellow brothers; maybe a sense of community and friendship that you are too immature to understand.

Alot of what I have seen in here has disgusted and insulted me. Why are you here, using and obviously abusing our resources, when you cant even take the time to educate yourself?

And do not preach the whole "omg u nazi, i iz so plur openminded hippy bullshit", once again its not cute. You want an open mind - but not so open that your brains fall out.

Obviously this applies to a very select few who posted in this thread, and i'll admit you probably don't have to read it, but I needed to vent after 12 pages of this clusterfuck.

Club crib was where madraverrai, jin, ginseng,spazzman,darkseed,me, and randoms would meet every other week and practice and show new techniques we came up with. Its because of clubcrib we even have a spazzman today. Its the reason we all leveled up so damn quick 2.

am i the only one seeing 5?, or do i need my eyes checked

No its not you... I see five also O_o lol and cleric.....

i assume your level can be easily modeled by the following math equation I am about to give You... five points if you get the answer correct! :D

65452751xb0.jpg

LOL... well i gues ill give you the answer since not many would get the joke... thats what happens when your major is mathematics LOL but anyways heres the detailed explanation as clear and easy as i can possibly put it....

the term LIM stands for limit.. in short... its asking you what value this function f(x) is approaching as x approaches a # which in this case i made x approach the number zero.

If you look at the graph of your function f(x) which in this case was 1/x^2 it will look something like this:

answerbf6.jpg

if you analyse the graph... you will come to realize that as x approaches 0 from either the left or right hand side.... the function output will be approaching an arbitrarily large number.... it will never reach a specific number but it will in fact keep on increasing on and on as the closer the value of x approaches zero... through the fundamental theorem of calculus 1 you will be able to state that the limit of this function as x approaches zero is positive infinity because infinity signifies something that is arbitrarily large :P

I.E. I was implying that Clerics level was infinity :D lol

*applauds Spazzman for posting something I can agree upon all the way through*

Damn was it really infinite...I could have sworn it was 6.

are you sure you had calculus I before? :P

anyways, great post spazz, that pretty much covered the subject matter...

are you sure you had calculus I before? :P

anyways, great post spazz, that pretty much covered the subject matter...

Yes I took AP calc in high school and all my advanced math in college...I'm just being a smart ass! :P