Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

282 posts in this topic

YAY. Now that i've actually read all the posts in this topic i feel i can accurately respond to it.

Let's keep an open mind about this topic and REALLY WATCH OUR WORDS! Let's keep our cool and not push to any unnecessary arguments.

We're not about to disgrace this site just because we disagree and bump heads DO THAT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Listen, this is culture based on very concrete values where peace and getting along with one another is vital! Anyone adding any unnecessary heat to this thread should just PLEASE cool off. Let's keep our heads up and continue through this; we always do.

Can we just close down this thread? seriously... I feel like each post is just a continuous repeat of everything that has already been said in the first two pages. Not that there haven't been good points made and well written arguments but it's starting to get out of hand. There isn't much else anyone can say. things happened and nothing is going to change. We all need to put this behind us and continue on with PLUR.

Im going to attempt to write this out without cursing. Because that makes it seem more professional and is taken more seriously by others reading it.

WHAT DA FUCK HAPPENED WHILE I WAS AWAY!?

Cheese and rice people.

ok ok.

First off this site has rules. It's a privately run space on the internet. There is no law that says we must allow you to be here. If we woke up tomorrow and decided X member deserves to be deleted because we heard he didn't fluff his pillow before sleeping, we can do that. Would we? no.

If the rules of the site seem to harsh you can leave. Did i understand all the rules when i first came here? no

After doing some growing up over the past god knows how many years, I understand more why there was hierarchy and certain people had more power or clout then others. Is wes my favorite person in the world now? No. Do I think the original chicago comp is the greatest vid ever and i should suck it off whenever i can? noooo. But i respect wes now because I have seen how much he put into the site when he had infinite time. I respect the chicago comp because it is one of the most widely seen videos out there that bring people to this site. It's the fact i sought out knowledge about glowsticking.com and it's past. I devoured the history. I tried to understand it. I didn't understand it all at one time. But at the same time i didn't use my not understanding it as an excuse to go do the opposite of what the sites message was. I was a poist coming into a glowstickers world. New territory with new rules. So i had some adjusting to do.

The "ban thread" was sooooooo much fun for me. It was around the same time as whirl. So many people who spent a lot of time on gsc where coming out and saying they support battling. So we would ban them and then post the reason they got banned and their incriminating post. The point of the thread was to make it clear that "this particular action" will result in "this particular outcome". But why make that thread at all. It's because people were saying we were getting ban happy and we felt we needed to explain WHY these people were getting banned. At the same time these people were creating false accounts and just fueling the fire of "whirl". So they were banned again...and again. One person we had to ban like 5 or 6 times. Hell i bet you 20 bucks he's reading this right now. Silly rabbit.

• Jellybean was NOT banned. He was not kicked off the site. He was not asked to leave and never come back. He's gonna be back in a month. Where he can post whatever he wants again.
  • The people who went to the party were NOT banned or suspended.

See a few years ago if you even went to a party that had a competition you could have considered your access to this site gone. See how lax we are compaired to the past? Yet people still get all crazy about things.

As far as jelly being SUSPENDED, I understand this can make people hot under the collar. That dave revoked his access to this spot on the internet. All the people who blew this up were his "freinds". You gotta take a step back put the friend thing to the side and just read it for what it is.

He was suspended for being a member of the site. THIS SITE, and not helping the people who do want to try to change promoters outlooks on glowsticking. Obviously he has to have some contact info of someone in charge. If he didn't feel comfortable doing it himself fine. But we are upset that he didn't help any of us who would have done it. I've read that said numerous times in this thread. All we wanted was some help from him, the guy already on the inside. The guy who is WORKING at the party. He could have helped us. Getting support from DJs who will at least supply us with the info to contact these promoters is invaluable, and that didnt happen this time.

Rai has a huge fucking ego. I know this. We all know this. But i can't help but respect the guy cause he wouldn't do something that would hurt this website or the glowsticking culture as it's called. He's been offered money to stick and declined. He would do the same if there was a competition involved. If it was a situation where it was a sure fire way that his career as a DJ would skyrocket. You know he'd post a thread for everyone to comment and give advice and thoughts. He would supply all of us with info we would need in order to possibly get the competition stopped and turned into something where even more people could enjoy the party. An example would be instead of $500 prize...just spend that money to give out glowsticks or glowthings to people who attend the party. Everyone likes glowing toys and always have a blast fucking around with em.

The people who left, are leaving, are thinking of packing. Those are the same people who would have eventually left anyway for any other number of reasons.

To some this might be a hobby. To me this is not just a hobby. This site, this art. Is a huge huge part of my life. More so then any hobby ever was. I've met my best friends here. I've grown as an individual. I've learned how to be comfortable in a crowd and not be shy of what I'm doing no matter what it might be. I owe far to much to this thing some people consider just a hobby.

If you consider it just a hobby, that's cool. Your no less of a person to me for that. But understand that I will defend it as feverishly as I have to because it is such a huge part of who I am as a person. Respect that. Respect the site for what we ask of you. Dont get all wrapped up in the culture and this and that. Read the rules, follow the rules while you come to this site. If you decide to go against what we ask then just leave, your not stuck here. One day you might understand why we ask the things we ask and you are welcome to come back. You will be a much more active and helpful member to the community once you understand. But if you don't understand and wish to stay and eventually might get it then do so. But don't stay and blatantly disregard the rules because then your just a jerk for taking what so many hold close to themselves beyond a hobby and pissing on it. It boils down to what you ravers call Respect from your beloved acronym PLUR. Respect this website by following it's guidelines during your stay.

Everyone should really avoid personal flames against other members cause it doesn't do anything for your image. Compared to other site the "flame wars" on this site are tame. Go to some of the leading trance sites to see some real nonsense flame wars.

Flowrate +1.

Hey, Flowrate. Slow you're fuckin flow, before I carve your face off an show it your mother. Get your fuckin facts straight first. I have NEVER taken a gig which had competitions or topics I didn't agree with, even when I first started stupid. I stayed true from day one.

I didn't do any of this "I gotta take all the gigs I can cause I'ma noob" bullshit. Again, stupid ass excuses for selling out. If you're heart was in it, you wouldn't take the job, you don't change your beliefs because of circumstance.

Besides Jellybeanx told me he was a big DJ in Malaysia or some shit. Talkin bout how he Djed with Yoji and Ferry or whoever else he fuckin mentioned.

This is how you come out at someone just trying to see the other person's side? Real mature.

Then you say you tried to say sorry?

The majority of this thread is a fucking joke all bundled up into sucking up.

So apparently, glowsticking has to be your LIFE, like Rai. You need to make everything that is involved in your life, revolve around glowsticking. If you don't, then FUCK YOU, you don't belong on a website for glowsticking.

What a fucking commendable "community."

I will NEVER be told that something I do in my personal life, will have to take a backseat to a HOBBY.

Glowsticking is a HOBBY to me. Just as it is to MANY people here. Some of you might think it is a life aspiration and that you were born to glowstick, but people like me still do it for FUN, and don't make it into some elitist practice.

This is absolutely ridiculous. If this is how Gs.C plans to deal with things in the future, you can go ahead and ban me as well. I've suspended MYSELF over shit that was ridiculous here, but this is crossing the line.

Also, Rai. Quit with the fucking holier than thou attitude. It's getting real fucking old. We all know you have a good job and make "mad" money, and you spin next to the "top" dj's in a room smaller then the size of my bedroom on the other side of the club.

Fuck.

You are skinnier then Tony Hawk and you trying to threaten people, give it a rest bro. Nobody is scared of you carving anything, besides the decks that you trainwreck on.

People, just accept that one person is banned for breaking the rules of this website, and another is getting a slap on the wrist for being involved in the rule breaking. Level of involvement? that's up for debate, and it seems that would be why it's a temporary suspension.

This website has been managed this way since day one and you all know that. Many of you in here who feel you are defending your friend have previously supported suspensions and bans in previous extremely similar issues in the past and struck down members who have stuck up for their friends who felt the ban/suspension was unjust as well.

Dave, the only words I can think of to describe you are Glowsticking Nazi.

Straight up.

And I'm sure there are many who would agree.

All the gsc staff are just swingin off eachothers nuts.

I'm not gonna lie there are a lot of videos and resources here I look at and learn off of,

and just because you ban me

it won't stop me from comin here anyway.

and I don't gotta respect your opinions and rules for shit.

ha mother fucker.

Flowrate +1.

This is how you come out at someone just trying to see the other person's side? Real mature.

So apparently, glowsticking has to be your LIFE, like Rai. You need to make everything that is involved in your life, revolve around glowsticking. If you don't, then FUCK YOU, you don't belong on a website for glowsticking.

I will NEVER be told that something I do in my personal life, will have to take a backseat to a HOBBY.

Glowsticking is a HOBBY to me. Just as it is to MANY people here. Some of you might think it is a life aspiration and that you were born to glowstick, but people like me still do it for FUN, and don't make it into some elitist practice.

This is absolutely ridiculous. If this is how Gs.C plans to deal with things in the future, you can go ahead and ban me as well. I've suspended MYSELF over shit that was ridiculous here, but this is crossing the line.

Also, Rai. Quit with the fucking holier than thou attitude. It's getting real fucking old. We all know you have a good job and make "mad" money, and you spin next to the "top" dj's in a room smaller then the size of my bedroom on the other side of the club.

Fuck.

You are skinnier then Tony Hawk and you trying to threaten people, give it a rest bro. Nobody is scared of you carving anything, besides the decks that you trainwreck on.

hell fuck yeah yo.

exactly what i was thinkin

just too lazy to type it.

Although some of the people on this site may not agree with how it is being handled the fact of the matter is that it is being handled this way. There's really no point going against it it will just lead to more bickering and more drama. I've met jellybeanx and wuxanaXan and many other gsc people over the last couple months personally and to be honest I would not have stayed active on this site if I didnt think they where cool people to hang out with and glowstick with or fun to be around because I knew they werent about battling and doing it to get someones attention or to be the "cool guy glowsticking". I have nothing but respect for what dave has done to bring people together in this site where all of us share a common interest glowsticking. But another fact of the matter is that jellybeanx will be able to post on these forums in a month and be completely free from his temp ban. So lets just leave it at that. Life is never fair no matter how much you argue and complain about it thats just a fact of life. Sometimes you agree with whats happened. And sometimes you don't. I have nothing but love for all the people on this site who have spent time and money to keep the culture and ideals alive. Much love from someone who loves the glow

Adub.

Straight up.

I'm not gonna lie there are a lot of videos and resources here I look at and learn off of,

ha mother fucker.

:huh:

That sure was a polite intelligent post.

Im gonna say a few things... being a true DJ has its own culture and the same can be said of being a true Glowsticker has its own culture. Each culture is independant of each other. Neither one in the eyes of any should be less respected than the other.

I've been on and off the last three weeks working double shifts seven days a week. Heck, I got invited to this party like the day before it was gonna happen and I would have gone to watch a fellow member DJ but my roof over my head comes first. I didnt even know they had a competition. I can see their are some misunderstandings and a lot of things said due to personal feelings by most people in this topic.

In real life, I trust all you guys. Doc Che, cool as hell person. Bueno, tells it like it is. Cleric, someone who would teach anything to help out a fellow member. Redline, you are a brother. Ange, you're hardcore and drive real far to support many regions. Elvin, new but you attend so many meetups and events. Dave, you work hard and still have the focus for this culture, speaks volumes. Ravergirl, you are a sister, always will be. Fresno, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego...everywhere...And thats the thing. I could go on an on, how great all of you have been to me in real life. Oh yeah Kaylan too! In real life, their is so much more to all of us that we all do stick together and it saddens me to see a thread like this.

I can see all of us come from different states, and countries maybe, but the key thing to me that makes this community great is the support we give to each other online and offline although at times issues come up.

This thread should be a reminder to everyone not just about competitions, flaming, and friendships, but how our break down in communication causes more riffs than need. Granted we all see the size of these waves differently, a riff salts some peoples perceptions and scars others permanently. We should be a strong community both in this forum just as much as we are all in real life. Peace is a fragile thing vital to all parts of society so that a community such as ours continues to grow respect. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my opinion that we all need to attempt to communicate much better.

Edit: Renaming thread.

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

OMFG!!! I just spent like 5 hours reading this damn thread. No not really, but it has been well over an hour, possibly more than 2 hours.

First off let me just say that I am friends with Elvin so listen closely to what I'm about to say. If you disagree with me, I really don't give a fuck b/c it's my opinion. :inmyopinion: LMFAO I never thought that I would ever get to use that. Anywho...

Before I read this clusterfuck of a thread, I didn't know everything that was going on but now I feel as though I can respond adequetly.

Elvin decided not to respond to PM's that Staff members had sent to him about trying to get the people throwing the party to do something about the competition. Infact, he never said anything about the competition. If this was all just about him spinning at an event that had a competition I would have a different opinion on the matter; however, it's not about that.

I feel that the one month SUSPENSION is appropriate. Honestly, I don't think that he's as torn up about all this as the rest of you are who have voiced your opinion in this thread. I think that he should have asked for advice from the staff members on what to do since he had this gig, and of course he would like to make money and further his career, but he doesn't support what was to happen at the event (the competition/battle).

I think that he knows now and he will take his SUSPENSION with a grain of salt, and come back in a month and bring great things to glowsticking.com with his new knowledge and understanding. I don't think that it is HARSH, or RIDICULOUS, or whatever other term that you want to use. There are people such as Dave, Cleric, Zin, etc... (as well as others that I haven't mentioned of course) who have been on the site since the beginning and have seen everything that has gone on for the past 7-8 years on this site (as well as when they were a member of ILR before GSC was born). There is a reason for the things that they do and I don't think that it is fair to them (or the other staff members even) to question their decision.

*I forgot what else I was going to say b/c I got distracted by the GSC chat, so I will edit this when I think of it.*

Agree with FeelingsOfU4ia.

omfg fcken adolf hitler spootted. tries hard to implies one thought to everyone. wtf wif the communism. Seriously should take this whole things and shove it up ya ass. a ban or suspend all the same, he wont be able to type anything in here. he did nofing wrong than juz doin his job as a dj. He thot of spin, take the money and leave and yet had oredi signed the contract beforehand. did he take part in the compy? wtf is wrong for ppl heading there juz to support him? wrong?

And to you Rai, so u think u r such a big fck now? So u r so tough great to keep insulting him as a dj and mentioned spinning wif yoji and stuffs juz to boost up ur so called FAME and to get ppl to ya side? get a life. ur fcken dick is talking and ur brain is shrinking into a pea. its just show how much losers in u

and yea admins, keep up the good job. NOT... and more hatreds will be coming back. i went tru the whole thread and if i'm one of the veteran i'd hav leave too. this is so fcken sick :poo:

By 2007, The Economist had declared that "a good rule in most discussions is that the first person to call the other a Nazi automatically loses the argument."[16] And in October 2007, the "Last Page" columnist in The Smithsonian stated that when an adversary uses an inappropriate Hitler or Nazi comparison, "you have only to say 'Godwin's Law' and a trapdoor falls open, plunging your rival into a pool of hungry crocodiles."

Dodds Corollary

As Godwin's Law has become more and more popular, its use in daily arguments increased. The rising use of Godwin's Law led to the implementation of the Dodds Corollary.[citation needed] The Dodds Corollary states:

"When debating a particular subject, if a comparison or implied connection is drawn between the opponent's argument and Hitler and the Nazi Party, the maker of that statement is automatically discredited and the debate is automatically lost by the person or group who referenced the connection to Hitler or the Nazis."

as for EEELEEE your banned. Period. You joined today just to post that. Bye.

Straight up.

ha mother fucker.

HA. DUMB SHIT YOU CALLED IT TECHNO (reference to older post)

BYE. I'm gonna ban this name and your other name.

:biggrin2:

Wilson it's funny to see you pointing the finger at Zin and talking about integrity after you basically plagiarized all of Last Singularity's video a few months back.

what video is this???

It was a video that was taken down. It was for the antibattle contest and really wasnt THAT big of a deal. At least to me it wasn't. As far as i care people missed the point of the whole thing anyway.

So...let me get this straight. I , being a DJ , should not go out and make money and promote myself anywhere that battling is encouraged? or even where battlers go? Who will then put the milk on my table when the kid crys because I couldn't bring home the income from w/e party. Thats like saying..your st8 and you are not homophobic so no matter what you can't go spin where gay people go or may go. LMFAO. Seriously in Miami. Gotta get back to work but I just gotta say that this whole thing is ....wow and if the admins want to ban me as well then ...that loss can be added to all the losses you suffer from banning honest members over something they PROBABLY don't support.

If you go out to a party and find battlers there..will you leave?

Now this is me responding to the people who couldnt resist not typing dumb childish type shit. Even though we all know the people who did it are more then capable of typing their thoughts on the subject without falling back on fuck yous and shit of that nature.

Everyone needs to understand that there are 2 ways to approach a topic of discussion. You can attempt to go in using facts or quotes from previous discussions of very similar topic or you can go the emotional route and argue.

The second way tends to not have as much validity because it's all opinion and emotion behind it. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Then when peoples opinions don't match up things get even more heated.

I'm not about to go through 7 pages of nonsense again just to suspend or ban people who said dumb shit to one another.

HOW ANTI NAZI IS THAT EH? EH? EH? EH?

I guess i fell off the nuts i was swinging on right? Cause Dave would love me to go and do that right? He wants everyone banned right? dummies.

I read some posts from people (not only this thread) and i can see where in the past years I've changed and they haven't. It's a wierd feeling to see types of posts i would have made back in the day. Cause honestly I dont feel the need to bring the way I speak to that level of aggression anymore.

If you want to continue the original topic of discussion then go for it. If you dont remember what that is go to the very first post and read that.

If you want to argue and not discuss then try to remember this.

arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

So...let me get this straight. I , being a DJ , should not go out and make money and promote myself anywhere that battling is encouraged? or even where battlers go? Who will then put the milk on my table when the kid crys because I couldn't bring home the income from w/e party. Thats like saying..your st8 and you are not homophobic so no matter what you can't go spin where gay people go or may go. LMFAO. Seriously in Miami. Gotta get back to work but I just gotta say that this whole thing is ....wow and if the admins want to ban me as well then ...that loss can be added to all the losses you suffer from banning honest members over something they PROBABLY don't support.

If you go out to a party and find battlers there..will you leave?

I'm not going to assume that you didnt read all the posts.

If your a DJ who is a member of this site. Understands all that stuff about no competitions and no battling and blabbity blah blah then you would be hard pressed to just sign a contract for that kind of party with no hesitation.

SOME would feel your being a sellout to us (gsc), others would not. There are 2 opinions on the subject.

The thing is. The current top DJs had a real job before making it big because you dont make a lot of money djing to start. So if your in the position where you NEED the gig. You NEED the money. Do what we are criticizing jelly bean for and just get us the damn info for the organizer of the party. We will try talking to them about it. The reason they do they competition isnt for the fun of the patrons it's for promotion. If they see they are going to be getting extra promotion from a site with over 16,000 members PLUS our myspaces and plurspaces that might be enough sometimes to make them rethink the way they want to have the party.

Take the gig if you need or want or whatever. But at the same time use your IN to help us talk to the organizer. It's not like we are going to be like "oh DJ so and so gave us your info and we need to talk" We arent going to mention your name. We aren't here to jeopardize your relationship with X promoter. It takes all of 2 minutes to write a PM or email to someone just telling us their email or phone number where we can discuss with them our view. It can't hurt to just try.

"you" does not equal RavenJ. You is just talking in general to anyone and everyone.

:inmyopinion:

Going to a party and discovering battlers there and going to a party that I KNOW is having a competition with some glow related object is totally different to me.

I myself wouldnt want to give money to a party that is having a competition. I know my 20-40 bucks missing isn't going to make a big difference in the end. But i wouldnt feel right putting in my money to a party with that going on.

If I was at a party that was not having an organized competition and i saw battlers there thats not the promoters fault. It's just a random occurrence. No i wouldnt leave. Would it possibly kill my buzz and good mood? YUP. I would try to talk some sense into those people and give them a gsc card. Give them the option to see more in depth what i might have been trying to tell them over super loud music at a party.

Just as a reminder. This thread wasnt about the people who went to the party. It was about the person who did participate in the competition and about the person who Dj'd at the party and didnt help the site at all and kept the competition part a secret (who was only suspended from visiting an online website. It's not like we locked him up in a cage. He's still out there living his life.)

It really makes me sad that so many people are ignoring the actual reasoning here and still think JellybeanX was suspended for DJing at the party. It goes way deeper than that, and it's really about him avoiding staff over the course of a long time and purposely not helping anyone get in contact with the promoters. That, along with inviting other GS.C members who were not informed about the competition. If he had actually done those things and still went to DJ the event this would not be happening.

That's the point of this. It has nothing to do with roadblocking his career. We want him to succeed, we want all of our members to. We just would expect you to make some attempt if you were in this same situation. Help us get in contact and let us do the grunt work, all we ask for is your support. Had he supported our viewpoints while DJing the event, this could have turned out a lot differently.

Who knows, maybe the competition never would have happened. We'll never know now, will we?

Flowrate +1.

Fuck.

This post was mad funny. lol I'd rather not continue this on this thread because it has already calmed down. You can PM me or IM me if you wanna continue. And don't be jealous cause I'm fit ...[EDIT]. Seriously. You've always been [edit] guy who hasn't done shit for this community except get suspended mad times since no one could take your shit.

Don't reply to me in this thread. IM me, PM me, fuckin call me if you have to. [edit edit edit edit].

EDIT By Cleric - Oiy vay.

wow. That's just sad.

I totally agree w/ the mods on this one.

Just sad :(