Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

282 posts in this topic

Guest wuxanaXan
Wilson it's funny to see you pointing the finger at Zin and talking about integrity after you basically plagiarized all of Last Singularity's video a few months back.

that has nothing to do with this thread

why the hell you bringing that up

so what if joe and i had similar ideas, and had a mishap about that

you probrably dont know this,

both of us

talked about it like people should

and we got over it

and became friends

but dave

what action should i be taking respoonsibility for?

the action of simply "not going to this event?"

provide some concrete details please

and you know what

youre right

but were talking about now

as compared to back then, when you were still crazy passionate about glowsticking

now, it comes off to some of us that it is now just a chore to you

i know you are the most experienced when it comes to this

and honestly

i do thank you, for being so lenient towards elvin

but, i dont think starting something like this

is beneficial to gs.c's image

"let it be known"

what the fuck is this? a dictatorship?

when we joined this site,

we knew that gs.c has a stance against battling

we know this already

and there are old threads regarding this matter

no need to say something like that

when elvin got suspended

he didnt even know why

he had to find out from somebody else

when we joined this site,

we knew that gs.c has a stance against battling

we know this already

and there are old threads regarding this matter

Exactly. So why didnt Elvin just talk about the competition to staff and try to do something about it, instead of not saying anything and inviting ppl anyway?

Guest wuxanaXan
Well he obviously did understand the difference. And you were wrong. There wasn't just poi in the competition.

i didnt say there wasnt anything other than poi in the competition

i was merely pointing out

that not everyone recognizes the difference between poi and glowsticking

but being members of this site,

those of us who were going to go to a happeee place

in our hearts and minds, felt it was okay to go

because it is labeled as a glow-poi compeition

not a glowsticking one

if otherwise

i wouldve said

"no elvin, i dont think you should spin at this event, and i dont want to go to this event"

Guest wuxanaXan

sorry guys

i want to close this now

please... just dont reply anymore

i know for a fact that everyone is tired of this bullshit

but for the record

a lot of people angered by this, wont be coming back

and

as for the staff not doing much about elvins playing,

let me put this up, its a request from elvin himself:

"September 17,2008 3:44 PM

xxzinnizxx: elvin?

xxzinnizxx: its zin

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: elo

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: heya zin

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: this is elvin

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com:

xxzinnizxx: hows it going

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: doing well bro

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: just got back from class

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: trying to blast muh music man

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com:

xxzinnizxx: haha

xxzinnizxx: cool

xxzinnizxx: did you know happeee place had a competition?

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: not until it was awhile ago

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: =\

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: for the glowpoi thingy?

xxzinnizxx: yeah

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: yeah

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: -_-'

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: but i cant do anything about it

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: -_-

xxzinnizxx: ive already emailed the promoter

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: oh really?

xxzinnizxx: wanted to see if you knew about it or not

xxzinnizxx: as it stands right now

xxzinnizxx: we cannot be promoting that event on gsc

xxzinnizxx: so im sorry

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: so did the promoter reply u?

xxzinnizxx: i know youre djing

xxzinnizxx: not yet

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: yeah its all good bro

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: no worries

xxzinnizxx: so yeah

xxzinnizxx: just letting you know

xxzinnizxx: so youre not surprised

xxzinnizxx: when your topics have disappeared

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: yeah i wont

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: dun worry

xxzinnizxx: not until i get a response

xxzinnizxx: from the promoters that is

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: yeah bro

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: its all good

Jellybean X - jellybeanx.mypodcast.com: no worries man"

and that was that

zin didnt do anything else besides that

its like waiting for him to get into this shit,

but thats just me and elvins opinion

im done with this bull.

im sorry

i had a couple friends from gs.c talk some sense into me

so i can chill out and understand the sides everyones taking

dave, i am sorry for exploding on this thread, on your site

i hope that i can still be viewed as a dedicated member,

and that i will be allowed to communicate with everyone on here

gs.c is about community,

and i will stay for the people and the ideals it represents

but please

lets just leave this be

gs.c really does not need this drama

anymore than this place needs battling

one more thing,

on freehandglow's comment

YES, THERE IS A CULTURE BEHIND VISUAL ART AS WELL

you limit it to just paint on a canvas, and that it has not culture;

that is ridiculously offensive

dont say shit like that, EVER AGAIN

because that is just being ignorant

let's leave this be guys, please

if its needed, im willing to take my weeks suspension

i still want to be a part of gs.c

I take my DJing as a business, first off. And a LOT of times, within business, you see something that you may disagree with. Please correct me if i'm wrong people. If i was hired and paid to dj at a party, i would not question what's going on at that party, if people choose to have sex on a chair, or smoke weed, or WHATEVER. I would not question it, it may be against my views that people shouldn't do drugs, or sex should be done in private, but that is my form of business. period. I think that it was wrong to ban him even if it was temp. last time i checked this is GLOWSTICKING.com not DJing.com. I can understand getting banned for glowsticking at a party that promotes battling, but if you're getting paid to DJ, and that is a form of income for you, especially the way the economy is right now, i don't think that it can be justifiable to ban someone. If you all have such a big issue with someone djing, join a djing forum and talk about it there. when it comes to actual glowsticking, he did nothing wrong. he was hired to do a job, and he did it. period.

Now I'm on page 2. posts....that use a lot of periods....to seperate sentences...hurt my eyes when i read it.... i dont know why.

I take my DJing as a business, first off. And a LOT of times, within business, you see something that you may disagree with. Please correct me if i'm wrong people. If i was hired and paid to dj at a party, i would not question what's going on at that party, if people choose to have sex on a chair, or smoke weed, or WHATEVER. I would not question it, it may be against my views that people shouldn't do drugs, or sex should be done in private, but that is my form of business. period. I think that it was wrong to ban him even if it was temp. last time i checked this is GLOWSTICKING.com not DJing.com. I can understand getting banned for glowsticking at a party that promotes battling, but if you're getting paid to DJ, and that is a form of income for you, especially the way the economy is right now, i don't think that it can be justifiable to ban someone. If you all have such a big issue with someone djing, join a djing forum and talk about it there. when it comes to actual glowsticking, he did nothing wrong. he was hired to do a job, and he did it. period.

He is not getting suspended for Djing at a party. Fuck. We said that shit mad times. And I'll say something else again, if you will go against what you believe in, like our culture, to DJ at some nightlife event, then you are selling out. If you think that's ok then you're whack.

I know there are people who will disagree with me... But I don't completely disagree with Jelly playing at this show. If he's a relatively new DJ, you HAVE to take opportunities when given. It's selfish to ask someone to give up any DJ aspirations they may have in order to TRY and change a "POI" competition with no guarantee that anything would actually be changed. Most people don't have that kind of influence.

(and YES, people WERE saying that he shouldn't have DJ'd, so don't try and pretend otherwise)

However, I will say that it was totally selfish for anyone who participated in or knew about the event to not take action. Trying to work out a compromise or alternative, or simply arguing against the competition is something that EVERY member should have done and is something I've done personally within the Reno scene.

Now i've reached page 3.

to many people confuse SUSPEND with BANNED.

Banned...your chances of coming back are slim to none unless you do something to prove you deserve a second chance.

If your SUSPENDED your gone for a set amount of time and your second chance starts when that time elapses. In other words your on a time out.

dios mio

I know there are people who will disagree with me... But I don't completely disagree with Jelly playing at this show. If he's a relatively new DJ, you HAVE to take opportunities when given. It's selfish to ask someone to give up any DJ aspirations they may have in order to TRY and change a "POI" competition with no guarantee that anything would actually be changed. Most people don't have that kind of influence.

(and YES, people WERE saying that he shouldn't have DJ'd, so don't try and pretend otherwise)

However, I will say that it was totally selfish for anyone who participated in or knew about the event to not take action. Trying to work out a compromise or alternative, or simply arguing against the competition is something that EVERY member should have done and is something I've done personally within the Reno scene.

Hey, Flowrate. Slow you're fuckin flow, before I carve your face off an show it your mother. Get your fuckin facts straight first. I have NEVER taken a gig which had competitions or topics I didn't agree with, even when I first started stupid. I stayed true from day one.

I didn't do any of this "I gotta take all the gigs I can cause I'ma noob" bullshit. Again, stupid ass excuses for selling out. If you're heart was in it, you wouldn't take the job, you don't change your beliefs because of circumstance.

Besides Jellybeanx told me he was a big DJ in Malaysia or some shit. Talkin bout how he Djed with Yoji and Ferry or whoever else he fuckin mentioned.

and you know what

youre right

but were talking about now

as compared to back then, when you were still crazy passionate about glowsticking

now, it comes off to some of us that it is now just a chore to you

wow. such rich words from someone so poor of thought.

when I was "still" crazy passionate about glowsticking? oh you mean the actual techniques or do you mean the community that's behind all of this that everyone exists in?

either way, I practice my craft and dedicate my life to both. What do you do? some of the people here spent hundreds of dollars each meetup or pick people up or make tutorial videos. what do you do?

as to "all the people leaving", maybe all 3-4 of you.... let them leave.. if they don't understand the need for this, they don't understand what it takes to run a community like this and to keep the ideals as it were and will be.

and to the illiterate people. DJing is fun and dandy. he wasn't banned suspended temporarily for DJing, but for shrugging his shoulders when it mattered most. the only reason he wasn't banned completely was because he deserves a second chance because it's sort of a gray area.

but i'm starting to question that thought after some of the posts posted here. does jellybeanX come off as apologetic, or does he come off as defensive and hostile, like wuxanaXan?

that will be what i'm wondering right now, and shortly a staff member will ask him and post the chat here.

Hey, Flowrate. Slow you're fuckin flow, before I carve your face off an show it your mother. Get your fuckin facts straight first. I have NEVER taken a gig which had competitions or topics I didn't agree with, even when I first started stupid. I stayed true from day one.

I didn't do any of this "I gotta take all the gigs I can cause I'ma noob" bullshit. Again, stupid ass excuses for selling out. If you're heart was in it, you wouldn't take the job, you don't change your beliefs because of circumstance.

Besides Jellybeanx told me he was a big DJ in Malaysia or some shit. Talkin bout how he Djed with Yoji and Ferry or whoever else he fuckin mentioned.

Things don't work out the same for everyone, I doubt you were ever asked to be a DJ at a show with a competition when you were brand new, but I'm not going to assume anything either way. I also added the qualifier "If he's a new DJ."

Thanks for being a total dick for no reason. Glad I'm not the only one.

Things don't work out the same for everyone, I doubt you were ever asked to be a DJ at a show with a competition when you were brand new, but I'm not going to assume anything either way. I also added the qualifier "If he's a new DJ."

Thanks for being a total dick for no reason. Glad I'm not the only one.

You're welcome

a lot of thoughts have been posted today, many of them by totally clueless people. this is not the first, nor the last thread like this that will pop up. we will have many more of these types of threads. we are very serious about the culture. the people that will remain are the true diehards of glowsticking. and that's why GSC will always be at the forefront. if you want the diehards to help you with your craft, because you realize that only collaboration can help you with your craft, then you better understand why these people think the way they do and are so pissed. it's like a foreign language to many of you. but we're back, and we're going to make our voices heard again.

You're welcome

Your flippant, abrasive attitude really helps push our culture in the eyes of all the lurkers and new members, staff member. I tried to post an honest evaluation of what I thought and you attacked it with some ridiculous insults. Check your flow before you insult mine.

While it's fine and dandy to debate the topic at hand, I just want to remind everyone that the idea here is not to attack each other. Lots of heated emotions have popped up here and, as you can see, some people take this issue very seriously. In the heat of debate, let's try to remain civil towards each other and treat each other with the same respect that we preach.

Your flippant, abrasive attitude really helps push our culture in the eyes of all the lurkers and new members, staff member. I tried to post an honest evaluation of what I thought and you attacked it with some ridiculous insults. Check your flow before you insult mine.

My bad I hurt your feelings. Don't cry ok?

There needs to be a separation between a Glowsticker that happens to be a Dj and a DJ that happens to know how to glowstick.

If you are on gsc and you treat being a part of the scene is a lifestyle, you care about the culture, that art and the perception of our art and you truly are happy, content and peaceful when you're glowstick. Welcome.

If you are on gsc and glowsticking is a hobby, that's nice. Have fun. When you're bored and done with using up our resources to get better, dueces.

MadraverRai is a freehander that loved music and got into the scene so much that he became a dj. Elvin to me, is a DJ that needed more exposure and a posse.

That's the difference.

You get to choose.

It is your responsibility as someone who performs and practices an underground, lesser known art form to know the situation that you're entering and make the appropriate decision. A true friend wouldn't ask you to go against your culture/lifestyle/understanding of a scene and attend an event that is the opposite of what you believe. So, while Elvin needed, wanted or hoped for the support is one thing but there should have been a respect of an existing culture that he decided to join.

To all of those that see something inherently wrong with staff being upset about it, I hope you're completely new and know nothing of our rules and values here. If you still don't get it after reading this thread please im me or email me at any time and I would be more than happy to further clarify.

My bad I hurt your feelings. Don't cry ok?

It's all good--your internet DJ and East Coast reputation will protect you on GSC no matter how much of a hypocrite you are to everyone on the West Coast.

Stop pretending you're tough, we all know you're compensating.

Flowrate and Rai. Keep your personal shit out of this thread, start an aim chat or hash it out in chat or hug it out but this is an important topic and the epic rudeness is taking away from that.

Thanks.

Sorry, I got flame baited and, because of the exact thing I said in my last post, nothing will be done about it.

I won't reply to anything further from Rai in this thread, sorry for the disturbance.

Now i've reached page 3.

to many people confuse SUSPEND with BANNED.

Banned...your chances of coming back are slim to none unless you do something to prove you deserve a second chance.

If your SUSPENDED your gone for a set amount of time and your second chance starts when that time elapses. In other words your on a time out.

dios mio

lol you said dios mio..

Sorry..

will type my opinion soon..

dont kill me dave @_@ :sm_bigeek: