Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

282 posts in this topic

sacrifice. that's so laughable.

the same sacrifice you make to actually go and have um... fun? to.. um.. ATTEND a meetup?

yeah, everyone does that too.

First of all.... I had no knowledge about the competition being held at this event until i found out about jellybeanx's suspension and readin through this thread.... secondly He asked me to go watch him play waay ahead of time but i told him i couldnt because of financial issues.... I never planned on going to this event... I never knew about the battling stuff until now.... so you can say that i too supported the idea of this event etc... -__-

that's awesome how he didn't tell you ANYTHING! WINNAR!

and to anyone else dickhurt because i didn't attend one single meetup at some random restaurant or some event.

dude, i'm planning things out and coordinating things so you can do all of that and just jerk around and have fun. while you are sitting on your ass receiving light shows, I'm completely focused, trying to get everything working and for everything to turn out great. or maybe the site went down and i need to install an important update. or hey, maybe it's a close friend's birthday??

seriously man, you can STFU about MY commitment to going to meetups and such when you have to deal with as much shit as i do. you can ask rai and spazzman about EDC and what effort i put into it. you can ask bryce and them about the previous years with anime expo. you can ask about 2007 EDC, where we had to do everything in a span of 3 days coordinating with like 8 people in separate cars with all kinds of people in different hotel rooms, etc.

sure, I can count once where i just didn't feel like going... it was where i didn't go to the norcal meetup for love fest because i didn't drive and the people who i was staying with didn't either and i flew in a bit too late for that since like.. i have work and stuff.

It hurts to read this thread..

The first post should have been made, and the thread locked after that.

It's derailed in a horrible manner

i don't attend the ones where the ones you hang out with because they were the ones that stole ultras in the ultra circle and do some shitty stuff i fucking hate like bust ultras in the middle of a crowd and then hit people and then string until their arms fall off from exhaustion. i'd rather killl myself than be associated with that bullshit. i'm cool with the older members of the site who hang out with them, like ravergirl.

yeah, i heard from various people about what the people YOU hang out with say about how I've been incognito from various things. Well, to be honest, there's a reason. And that reason is why you are posting here defending something where all the important members of the site are slapping their heads, wondering WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE DO THAT? ask yourself that.

So I go a little incognito for about 3-4 months while I move from Irvine in orange county to los angeles, and you have the gall to tell me you haven't seen me in any raves or meetups? Dude, I've been to more meetups than you can imagine. Did you see me at anime expo? did you see me at the ultra circle? did you see me in NYC? do you see the phone calls, the texts, the IM's about the culture? no? because you aren't part of it and your opinion doesn't matter because your attitude sucks. i listen to ANYONE. even people with less than a few months, as long as they think about it and they have an open mind.

do you see how much work i did? no? it's people like you who don't know ANYTHING about what happens in the back end of the site to make all of this happen that irritate all the important people alike.

I hang out with everyone else. There is a reason why the veterans avoid you people like the plague. Because some of you have some shitty ass personalities who don't really follow the culture.

hrmmmm... I find it interesting how you say "you guys" I feel if you have something to say... just say it it would make life soo much easier.. dont beat around the bush because that will lead you nowhere... yes i have been here for a few months.... yes you have been to far more raves than i have..... but if i am not mistaken you did open up a thread saying that you wanted to hang out and meet gscers in la.... i replied in that topic saying it would be cool to hang out and get to know you... you have started a glowsticking site like no other that i have seen that actually has values that it withholds... Yeah i know that you are el numero uno here for making this magnificent site here... the only reason i am speaking here is becasue i want to clarify things. I just dont like the way you speak of me as if you know me... the way you speak... labeling me as "you guys" and telling me that i have a shitty personality! what the fuck is your deal... just because you had your share of bad experiences in life with certain people doesnt mean that everyone will be like that...... loaylty: faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product.... I am faithful to the ideas and customs of this site... but you have never even met me... you cant tell me that I am not... I always give credit and speak about gsc at raves when i can.. I try to spread teh culture like you intended... I dont only hang out at the spot where the gscers are... If you dont believe me... why dont you ask the people you call "you guys" those that know me such as raver girl and wushu and several others can tell you that i wander off and show up again alot. I also like how you completley disreguard teh main point of every post and bring up something else...

sure, I can count once where i just didn't feel like going... it was where i didn't go to the norcal meetup for love fest because i didn't drive and the people who i was staying with didn't either and i flew in a bit too late for that since like.. i have work and stuff.

I thought it was because you had a hot date or something :harhar:

You've already flown up here for so many other meetups we've thrown, even when there wasn't a party or anything. People missed you but they all understand that things happen. I missed the EDC BBQ myself this year but nobody is trying to bring up my "loyalty" to GSC at all.

Lnathan, it would be wise for you to back down and just tell your friend to accept this suspension with grace and dignity. Suspension's are used often as a way of testing someone's true loyalty to GSC when we cant really yet tell where they lie. People who fall apart during the process generally never come back anyway and just prove us right for suspending them in the first place.

I've been suspended myself in the past, but I'm still an active member of staff. Don't throw away your chance here.

to be honest nathan, i'm not talking about the people you've mentioned in your post, like wushu and ravergirl, who are very nice people and nobody will ever argue with that ever.

when i'm talking to you, i'm not talking to you ONLY. as you say, i own the site, so i'm choosing my words carefully so i can talk to everyone at once. i'm giving examples which are purposely open-ended. the people who it applies to, can perhaps learn something about what they are doing which is considered shitty.

it might seem like i'm talking past you, but that's because i am. i'm talking to the people who might be reading this, thinking that supporting jellybeanX might be an okay thing to do. it's not.

look dude, i'll be cool with you in real life and i'm sure you will be an awesome person to know. i'm sorry you met a guy you feel compelled to defend and his viewpoints just happen to conflict with the goals of the site.

it's a lot of my fault for not being around too much in the past 4-5 months since EDC. how the hell are you supposed to know what i think if i'm not telling you.

well i'm telling you now.

Dave.... you didnt understand what i meant when i said i havent seen you at meetups... I meant that you have never met me... you dont know what type of person i am... I really respect the work you have done for the site... constantly travelling from san fran to new york etc..... You are very busy and i see that now... but i do ask you not to speak of me in such ways that you pretend to know who i am and how i am... you dont know that -__- Stop acting like you do... I dont like you labeling me telling me that i have a shitty personality...

to be honest nathan, i'm not talking about the people you've mentioned in your post, like wushu and ravergirl, who are very nice people and nobody will ever argue with that ever.

when i'm talking to you, i'm not talking to you ONLY. as you say, i own the site, so i'm choosing my words carefully so i can talk to everyone at once. i'm giving examples which are purposely open-ended. the people who it applies to, can perhaps learn something about what they are doing which is considered shitty.

it might seem like i'm talking past you, but that's because i am. i'm talking to the people who might be reading this, thinking that supporting jellybeanX might be an okay thing to do. it's not.

look dude, i'll be cool with you in real life and i'm sure you will be an awesome person to know. i'm sorry you met a guy you feel compelled to defend and his viewpoints just happen to conflict with the goals of the site.

it's a lot of my fault for not being around too much in the past 4-5 months since EDC. how the hell are you supposed to know what i think if i'm not telling you.

well i'm telling you now.

OK man..... I see and understand now... i was momentarily confused for a good amount of time there since you and i were mainly the ones speaking here.... Im glad you told me this. If anythign... I feel that alot has been said here in this thread that really will clarify things to many people on the site as to how things are.. and in a good way... I will be looking forward to the day we finally meet! :) I jsut wanted to say sorry for derailing your topic =/ I have heard enough as of now.. If i have further questions i will PM them to you... I feel that it would be better that way... thnx for informing me on these things.... it is a shame as to how things had to go this way =/ im sure things can only get better after this..

all i can say is i went to the event and me and jellybeanx met about 5 other people that we had never seen that had acounts on gs.c and we talked to them and they didnt support the competion.

I cracked ultras and people came up to me and started asking questions how long you been stringing blah blah blah the usual amazement. then one ask me if im gonna enter some competion and me and jellybeanx explained to them that we are from glowsticking.com, I said we dont support competions or anyform of battling we do it for the love of the art, then i used the example i always use...that you cant have a competion between the most famous artist of all time to have a winning painting their all unique and beautiful in there own way. Then i explained.. there are so many different styles of glowsticking theirs stringing and freehanding the possibilities are endless, with freehanding you can throw the stick over 1 billion different ways..the way i look at your only limitations are those of your mind and everyones mind works differently thats the beauty of it. The small cround of 7-9 people understood what we where all about agreed. The whole night me and jellybeanx preached GS.C, when we gave light shows to people who had never seen ultras only leds waved in their face they felt the energy and the passion for our love of glowsticking and the music and when they also asked do we practice alot where did we learn this. blah blah blah.. we told them we are from glowsticking.com

I hope we got most of the arguing out of the way. I just wanna say that ever since I joined my first forum there have always been epic arguments on them. The one thing we need to know is that if they created the website they created it the way they wanted it to be. They created it from the perfect vision that they have in their head and even though it's never perfect it's still theirs'. They Have every right to do what they want and sometimes life isn't fair but theirs never a need to argue, and like a said before 99% of arguments start off as nothing more than a misunderstanding. If someone chooses not to adhere to the rules that are very clearly stated on the website then it's their own choice. No one is forcing anyone to be here and if they don't like it or think they can do better than that's their choice and they can make it if they want. Don't expect sympathy but rather an open ear for your voice to be heard. You think these admins that put so much energy into the site wanna see it go to hell? Ya right! haha, I guess I'll just end it by stating that Open-mindedness is something we can never have to much off. :)

Is it me, or is this Whirrl all over again?

If you don't agree with the ideals, then don't be on the site, Simple as that. It a shame we actually lost so many CO members because of something like this, I'd hate to see it happen again in another state. I'll also point out however, that since that incident, the particular promoter ceased doing any competition-parties, to my knowledge.

damn i read every single word, this was intense, i cant believe elvin was banned.

1) i met elvin he's a cool guy

2) somethings are always made up, as words passes from one to another someone always makes something up or leaves something out

3) yes it was wrong of elvin not to discuss the event in question. if he knew theres was a battling contest then maybe if he made the effort of actually trying to change the organizers minds then he woulda shown strong character for the sake of the scene.

4) battling and contest suck, doesnt matter why is it being executed, i cant string together face by face to a guy who thinks he has to prove something that way.

5) i dont think elvin questions gsc values but his love for music is strong, and sometimes it sucks that just cuz a competition is being hold u cant do it. (dont flame me cuz i know that you can choose were to play, i have serious doubts on what i would chosen if i were in elvins shoes, i love music as much as him)

6) i would attend this event to spread the word, not to glowstick, maybe meet a few ppl and maybe question some of the battlers and competitors

7) i think elvin didnt want to confront the organizers or the ppl who were paying him, but if dingonis right and he did preach gsc values then there might have been something that wasnt informed to us, only elvin knows

8) saying that only elvin knows, why wasnt he allowed to explain himself before the jury made a decision of his sentence, was this a fair trial?

9) Dave i met you, i never have questioned your passion for the scene and for glowsticking in general, but was this right? banning (suspending) someone without letting him prove his innocence, did i not read another thread where elvin defended himself, if he did post then what are the conclusion and elvins version of the truth?

i hope this all clears up, i dont think elvin thought he be in this situation, hopefully he'll come back and things will be normal again.

gsc one love.

im only human, so i do stupid things.

Been there...done that...

I've been suspended...and I'm still here...I was stupid and made a comment that I shouldn't have. Dave banned me, we had some words and he explained the suspension. I waited patiently, came back, and learned from my mistake. That is all they want...learn from what happened (even if you don't think you were in the wrong) and move on.

Although Elvin Ong (JellyBeanX) did go to spin at Hapee place 2, which just so happend to hold a stupid poi contest thing, You cant ban him for spinning there.... thats a stupid reason.

You guys are looking at all of this from only the point of view that you want.... try looking at it from his point of view for once -_- As a Dj, you want to excel in your career and make yourself KNOWN! You don't want to be "That one dj who has been playing at that same crappy event for ten years" You want to get better gigs. That means spinning at events that will have more people..... the more people that listen to your music.... the better chance you'll have to be well known... assuming you play good music. Elvin Ong played there because it was a good opportunity for his Dj career. You cant blame him for that! Yes.... as a Dj.... you do make the decision as to where your gonna spin. Yes it is your decision to know as to what type of party your going to be playing at. But you CANT disregard the fact that there was no more fitting choice here in this situation for elvin Ong . Unless you are able to get him a spot to spin at TAO... you are nobody to be telling him to spin somewhere else if Happee place was a great opportunity for his Dj career. You cannot blame him for taking up the offer to spin at this event.

These events aren't just planned over night.....they hire the Djs a good amount of time before the event is even advertised.. For all we know, when he accepted the offer to spin there, they probably still haven't said anything about this poi spinning contest. Even if he found out later on.... theres something in this world that we like to cal CONTRACTS. Those are legal documents that tie your ass down to whatever you sign.. -_- So again, Who are you to tell him to go back on the contract just because they are holding a poi spinning contest. IMO, that would be selfishness on your part.

He DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST!

"it's one thing to go and find out that party was full of battlers.."

..... wrong!!!!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: You weren't there!!! Who are you to say the party was full of battlers!! As a math teacher... im going to give you some of my estimates.... x = ravers ..... so.. I have gone to enough raves to honestly be able to say that out of the total amount of ravers that attend the event.... the amount of the ravers total ravers that actually are glowstickers/orbiters, etc. are x<18% So... tell me .... How can it possibly be full of battlers when you have 81% of the event composed of individuals who are there to dance, get laid, slang drugs, use drugs, etc...... It looks to me like you guys are making blind choices on very little info.... taking into account that you weren't there...

Yes he spinned at the event... but it wasn't to support battling or poi competitions. What you guys are implying is that Djs are contribute to whatever goes on in the event... might as well say bluntly that Djs contribute to drug abuse..... might as well say that Djs contribute to illegal activity that occurs at the events.... might as well say that djs contribute to everything!... Djs are there to play music. We make what we want out of it... not the Dj.

Battling is nothing other than wrong.... but he didn't battle therefore he did nothing wrong. -_- He was only fulfilling his role in his contract that said that he was going to play at this event at this time for this long... It doesn't say.... you will be playing music at this place, which will contribute to our battling contest, at this time, which will be the final round of the competition, for this long, which will be the duration of the final round.... nop it doesnt say that at all... It just says, play for us here at this time... well pay you. IF you ask me, I dont see how he could have seen this coming that far in advance. you cant punish him for spinning there. You cant punish him for simply having a career. -_-

Your always going to have stupid people battling at a rave whether you like it or not. Just like youll always have that drunk chick telling everybody she sees, "Did I tell you that I love you?" It is something that is beyond ones control.

IMO, 75% of Battlers suck balls when it comes to glowsticking, 20% are decent, and only 5% are actually good. I have realized that GSC has a lot of talent that i have yet to see from anywhere else O_o no what do you think people will think if they see a glowsticking (poi) (whatever) competition and all they get to see competing is a bunch of noobs. Then they just so happen to look somewhere else and they see an individual who is really talented and isnt in the competition but jsut off in the distance glowsticking with their friends enjoying the music. hrmmm thats gonna obviously intrigue that person. He/She might be inclined to go over and ask that mysterious glowsticker, "Why aren't you in the competition?" The mysterious glowsticker would then reply... because I am a member of glowsticking.com.... in essence giving that gsc member the perfect opportunity to explain about culture, beliefs, etc.

I really think you guys should rethink Elvin's punishment. He did nothing more than his job. You cannot blame him for that.

here's another example... lets say i work for arrowhead or something... I have a stand at the rave.. I'm selling water... The rave is having a battling competition... I sell a bottle of water to one of the battle contestants..... then i find out i am banned from GSC because i was doing my fuckin job -_- How fuckin stupid is that -_- i mean SERIOUSLY!!

GSC is a family!! It is a place where glowstickers unite to have fun, get together, learn, make friends, attend meet ups. GSC has rules and guidelines that it requires of its members... As a member I have agreed to follow those rules that my membership came with.... but those rules apply to me, Glowsticker Lnathan9129, They do not apply to Nathan the math teacher. -_- Im not saying that Nathan the math teacher is gonna go out and battle someone with glowsticks... what I'm trying to say is that In life... there are priorities. First priority should be YOU, the second should be taking care of your necessities (that includes work, rent, bills, etc), third would be your entertainment(fun). You cannot have fun and go to raves if you don't have money.... you cannot eat if you don't have money for food... you cannot do anything without money in this system... therefore.. why are you telling Elvin to pass up a chance of getting paid if he might need the money =/ just because you have a job that pays you steadily doesn't mean he does too... For all you know... he probably does that for a living... which is why i think it's wrong what you guys did to him =/

NocturnalPinoy got what he deserved because he participated in the competition..... but Elvin was only doing his job.... It is unfair for you guys to do what you guys did. :rtfm:

Im going to finish sharing my opinion there before i get banned for expressing my point of views. :coffee:

Just to make things clear... I am solely against battling :shy:

I posted this before in the Staff forums when this topic was brought up there.

Nathan, I'm fuckin known. I have spun with many of the trance greats, and you don't see me selling myself out.

Aight, this just makes me mad. I cannot believe that staff members went to this. On the east coast we have worked so fuckin hard to not support battling. Most of us do not even attend clubs that are against glowsticking. PACHA nightclub included, which gets more of the big name DJs than any other club in NYC.

I have been Djing for less than two years and Djing in clubs for about a year. I have never accepted a gig that has Glowsticking competitions. Jellybeanx, dude, you have been a DJ longer than I have, are you really that desperate for gigs that you accepted an offer at a party that promotes competition, even though you are part of a community that is strongly against it?

Being a DJ that Freehands while performing, I have come across dealings with crews, competitions, and other sensitive areas. I even became enraged when one of the flyers for a party I worked had the word crew in it. i had them change it or else I would have pulled out. The promoter changed it.

If you are going to be a DJ that is a part of GSC please, do your shit right. Here are perfect examples that clearly state my affiliations with the site.

Glow_Back.gif

The flyer below was the one I had changed. The back side of it used to say "Special Performances by Glowsticking.com crew and MadRaverRai". I told the promoter "No fuckin way am I gonna be a part of that. Change it".

Dan_Invasion_Flyer_Front.jpg

Dan_Invasion_Flyer_Back.jpg

jonobirback4X6-1.jpg

MadRaverRaiandBreakfast.jpg

april19th2008.jpg

Groove6_BACK_WEB.jpg

I make it ridiculously clear that I am anti battling. All my supporters and promoters who have worked with me know that as well. I don't fuck around when it comes to that. I'd rather tell the promoter to fuck off. I'm not making my career by going against Glowsticking, which is my way of life.

If you take a look at the flyers above you can see how hard we've worked to change the public's opinion on glowsticking here on the East Coast. So to see an act like this performed by a capable DJ on GSC and to be supported by senior staff members just fuckin angers me. It's like you took all our hard work in 2008 and spit on it and said "Hey I'ma go to this Glowsticking competition just to chill and support my DJ friend".

Seriously, F_CK THAT!!

Let that be known.

I don't think I need to say anymore than this. If you are dedicated to our community you'd think ahead, because as a DJ/Producer, you have the power to set examples and to educate people in the nightlife scene more than any other individual on the site.

I agree with Rai...and he makes good points.

I've said no to "dancing for cash" at Cleveland events (even though I'm no where near good enough to even try that shit) just because it isn't right. Yea it would be cool to get 50 ultras and free drinks all night, but I do this because I enjoy it and love the art form...not because I could use the sticks and cash. All the Cleveland DJ's and promoters I work with know I am on GS.c and luckily they all support the ideals and culture we do (thank you Broke Ass DJ Association [b.A.D. Ass Productions] and Koala Tea).

Here's the bottom line:

Glowsticking.com has rules which are actively enforced. Over the past few months a lot of people have become lax in enforcing those rules and the staff has not acted as swiftly to keep our cultural ideals at the forefront of the site.

That time is done and over with . If you don't agree with our cultural ideals then you at least have to respect them, otherwise you'll be asked to leave either on a temporary basis or permanently.

We do not support battling, competitions, glowsticking for 'props and attention' and glowsticking in high school. These aren't subjects that are open for debate, they're a part of our core values. While we're more than happy to listen to your side of the argument, I can assure you, for the most part, its all stuff that's been said before and there isn't very much that will sway our stance on these subjects.

Lives have already been lost over this bullshit and we won't have it anymore.

DJing at a party that boasts a competition is synonymous with making it a successful competition. While some people may disagree with the punishment, it's something that the staff discussed and decided on together. In all honesty, it's not as harsh as people are making it out to be. If Elvin truly has a love for glowsticking and this site, he'll have plenty of time to think about the situation. Hopefully he comes out on the other side with a new found realization and respect for the culture.

I can appreciate that his friends want to stand up for him and support him and you all can be commended for being good friends, however you're standing up for something that goes directly against the core ideals of this site. While it is admirable, it will not change the situation. When our core values are violated in such a blatant way we have a responsibility to act on it otherwise what's the point of having those values? What message does it send when our members are working to make an event with a competition a successful one? We just won't let that slide.

If you don't agree with our viewpoints when it comes to these matters (battling, competitions, sticking in high school) then we don't want you here using our resources and leeching off of our hard work, plain and simple. We do this for our love of the art and to spread it to other people to enjoy, not for it to be bastardized and turned into the next MTV fad. We'll grow this art out of love and respect without the media hype. That's our vision and we would love for everyone to come along for the ride. We have a tough road ahead of us, especially as more and more parties pop up with these competitions, but it's one that we're prepared to walk - and we'll do so proudly with our heads held high because we didn't sacrifice the art to make it popular along the way.

If you don't agree with our viewpoints when it comes to these matters (battling, competitions, sticking in high school) then we don't want you here using our resources and leeching off of our hard work, plain and simple. We do this for our love of the art and to spread it to other people to enjoy, not for it to be bastardized and turned into the next MTV fad. We'll grow this art out of love and respect without the media hype. That's our vision and we would love for everyone to come along for the ride. We have a tough road ahead of us, especially as more and more parties pop up with these competitions, but it's one that we're prepared to walk - and we'll do so proudly with our heads held high because we didn't sacrifice the art to make it popular along the way.

100% with you Cybrpunk

I do hate seeing these conflicts arrive here on the GS.C boards, but its necessary to show newcomers and alike that glowsticking to us is very real, and means alot to us. We have open arms to anyone, and literally anyone, but you must understand what it takes for we glowstickers to preserve what we all work hard for. By involving yourself in negative manners towards GSC hurts our scene, our culture, and everything we love and keep close to our hearts. For many of us, glowsticking is an escape from negativity that we have in our lives, so bringing in what we hate the most tears us apart, and can cause damage to what we have. The scene is not like it used to be, but I will use all of my might to continue it on for generations to come, showing that we are not drug addicts, thugs, or hippies, but that we are glowstickers.

Is it me, or is this Whirrl all over again?

If you don't agree with the ideals, then don't be on the site, Simple as that. It a shame we actually lost so many CO members because of something like this, I'd hate to see it happen again in another state. I'll also point out however, that since that incident, the particular promoter ceased doing any competition-parties, to my knowledge.

No there was one more event after that, and for the life of me I'm not remembering the name of it. I honestly can't remember if it was even the same promoter.... but there was one more glowsticking competition party. I saw it on some flyer after an event and tossed the flyer aside and honestly forgot about it.

this will seem as a shock to everyone that knows me but this will be my last post in GSC, got no hate for anyone, just tired of hearing how some ppl think they should change their lifestyles cuz of glowsticking IDEALS.

i dont agree with what has been done to Elvin, i understand him and if i were in his position i would not like what gsc is doing, GSC isnt gonna change, rules arent gonna change, i may change as i grow older, but right now i dont agree with how some ideals are twisted and will not discuss about it, yes thats right, its like caring for cops cuz they take care of the laws that keep society safe but when they abuse you dont care for them no more or in some moments.

i guess im tired of all the fights anyways.

i had a facebook chat with Elvin, yes im his friend, i do not need to hide the facts, i met him at EDC with his brother (Marvin), i do believe that hobbie and career dont have to go hand in hand, i support Elvin in keepin his word to play at that event, i know many will disagree with me and call me close minded or just plain flame me for doing this. Dont even think that im trying to change your belief cuz it doesnt really matter to me, you guys will keep on being yourselves and i will continue evolving to who knows what.

i will be a Dj soon enough, and like i told Elvin i do believe in djing at any party as long as everybody knows that i dont think competitions and battles are good or necessary in the rave scene (in fact they suk), no highschool presentation, no showing off, no interrupting the crowd or disrespecting them by not granting them their space for dancing, glowsticking is a great art to be shown to the world so they can appreciate its forms! as a dj is all about the music and entertaing the crowd for they can have a good time, i cannot discard playing at an event where amongst the few ppl battling exist a crowd of individuals who are just looking to have fun and do not care for the battle or competition, i woulda spoken to the organizers that i would not spin for this competition (the actual moment), but i would spin for the ppl as a whole at the same event, please dont event try questionin my ideals in this forum cuz i wont look at it anymore, i will remove myself from actually representing gsc, i will give my remaining business cards to Sean (cybrpunk), and will not continue to say im from GSC since i dont follow their ideals till the very last one, this is the reason why im leavin the website, cuz it has been said if you dont believe completely then why follow, so i chose to not be a hipocrite and to preach something i dont believe in.

i appreciate everyone with no exception, ive actually became quite fond of this group of wonderful caring ppl, we have something in common. our love for glowsticking.

i will remain friends with everyone if you believe in friendship outside the gsc circle, since i would hate this difference to break appart the lines of friendship that ive made over this community, like i told everyone, i respect what you think, just dont agree with all of it.

i will ask Dave if i can still purchase a few shirts or if thats forbidden, since i still want ppl to visit this wonderful site, i wont speak of it (preach gsc ideals), i will just say visit it, itll let ppl know that gsc exists (i will not glowstick in this shirt since i wont be representing gsc but myself and the art). and no i will not join GXG, ive been against they managed their site so you wont find me associated with them, altho i would still chill with some of their members.

i will give credit to GSC for the level of glowsticking that i have aquired, its thru this community that some of the moves i execute have been learned. and i thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for every word directed at me, good or bad.

and i will be at EDC to attend the ultra circle once again, its an amazing thing to witness.

if anybody wants to speak to me, do it at my cel 305-766-8149, if i dont have your number prolly i wont answer your call, just state your gsc alias or your name and i will return the call.

all my other contact info is included in my profile, including myspace, facebook and aim.

this is my goodbye to GSC. thanks 4 everything, much love for you guys. Peace.

:bigwave::respect:

Conflicts like this one is nothing new to glowsticking.com. It was a lot lot lot worse before. The punishment is a lot less than before. We would have simply banned the people or deleted their accounts. This was a fucking slap on the wrist.

Guest Blitz
got no hate for anyone, just tired of hearing how some ppl think they should change their lifestyles cuz of glowsticking IDEALS.

this.

to me, glowsticking is a hobby... it's something i do for fun. something as miniscule as djing at an event that happens to have some shitty little battle should not be taken so seriously.

this thread is embarrassing.

barcafan84

No, I don't think it's right for you to buy GSC shirts. Would you like to delete your account? This has happened so many times that I'm very much used to this whole thing.

I think this thread was completely needed to let people know what we expect.

to anyone else bitching about how they are SOOO changing their life styles.

PLEASE.

all we ask if you do the minimum possible. JellybeanX could have avoided all of this by simply asking the community what to do. If we couldn't change it, he could have still DJed and it would have all been fine.

But he didn't and he tried to hide it.

So don't fucking change the topic.

i'm more pissed about people "talking to jellybeanX" and then going and "supporting" his "right" to sell-out.

I'm thinking a deletion and a ban instead of a temporary suspension might be in order.